PDA

View Full Version : Happened to me while OUT enfemme

BillieAnneJean
01-24-2020, 11:27 AM
While at The Mall today I was approached by a little old lady who appeared ready to burst in to tears. She said she lost her purse and was terrified because her cell phone, money, driver's license, credit cards were in the purse. She was shaking and just clung to me. Tears in her eyes. No one could understand her. A tiny little thing.

The store employee could not understand her because she had a thick accent. I translated from thick accent to today's English for them. She was so sweet.

I told her I would stay with her until she was OK and if need be I would take her home.
She thanked me, relaxed a tiny bit, but stayed tight to me. Clung to me.

I felt so bad for her.
Could happen to my SO, daughter, grand daughter, sister, another woman I care about.
Would anyone care for them?

The store employee put out a call to all departments, had anyone found a purse?
About fifteen minutes later a manager came walking up with the purse.

The woman clinging to me seemed to be tearing up in relief.
She examined the inside of the purse. EVERYTHING was in there!
West Michigan at its best!

In tears she finally released me and profusely thanked me.
I could have thanked her.

We are ALL a bit responsible for each other's happiness.
It is a joy to be of help to an innocent one.

My day was made!

Such Fun!

Crissy 107
01-24-2020, 11:50 AM
What a wonderful story I absolutely loved it.

missjoann49
01-24-2020, 12:19 PM
Great story, glad you could be of help and everything worked out ok

Alice Torn
01-24-2020, 12:19 PM
Great story, and good for you!

JaclynL61
01-24-2020, 12:38 PM
Wonderful turn of events Billie Anne. As you said, Western Michigan at its best.

Kitty Sue
01-24-2020, 01:52 PM
Awesome story and you just get CD ambassador of the day. Well done.

Teresa
01-24-2020, 02:27 PM
BillieAnneJean,
Now I'm reduced to tears , what a lovely story with a happy ending .

It's something many of us dread happening , I managed to drop my credit card as I waited in the supermarket checkout , I did panic for a few minutes , how was I going to pay for my items just checked through . Luckily someone had picked it up and handed it in and I was reunited with it after a few anxious moments .

Leslie Langford
01-24-2020, 02:32 PM
What a heartwarming story, BillieAnneJean!

Not quite in the same league as yours, but a few years back I was out shopping en femme and at one point had to use the (ahem!) ladies' room. As I was sitting down doing my business, I heard a voice from the adjoining stall asking me sheepishly if I could possibly pass some toilet paper to her from under the partition as there was none available in her stall. Of course, I was happy to oblige, and she was most grateful for my help. I have since found out that this type of thing is not uncommon in ladies' restrooms, so this turned out to be one of the more seminal "female" experiences for me ;).

As in your case, it also gave me pause to think how fortunate - albeit unbeknownst to them - these two women were that a crossdresser happened to be the first one available and willing to help them with their predicaments. More so in my case if, ironically, that woman had also been the type to have issues with transgender people using the ladies' restroom. That would likely qualify as one definition of the word "karma"...:doh: :heehee:

Territx
01-24-2020, 03:32 PM
Great story -- we do not get enough of those!

bridget thronton
01-25-2020, 12:33 AM
Heartwarming story and nice job of supporting her

Cheshire girl
01-25-2020, 12:59 AM
Nice story.Interaction with the public and being treated as a woman is always very encouraging.

jazmine
01-25-2020, 04:27 AM
OMG. That's the best thing I heard all day. Awesome post! I'm glad everything worked out for her. I have one rule I try to live by on this planet that sums almost everything up in 4 words. "Don't Be A Dick." I'd like to add your words to it. "We Are ALL A Bit Responsible For Each Other's Happiness."

Leslie Mary S
01-25-2020, 04:31 AM
Great story.

GretchenM
01-25-2020, 07:59 AM
A beautiful story and series of events of human helping human across generations. So heartwarming in this time when it often seems that humanity is attacking itself and a lack of care and concern rips societies apart. Kindness is sacred. So many might have said, "Oh my, I am so sorry" and then they walk off. Billie you are an angel.

JennniferMcC
01-25-2020, 02:24 PM
Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing and reminding us to simply be kind to one another.

Devi SM
01-25-2020, 02:37 PM
What almost daily happens to me is people ask me to share the story about my transition.
Once a lady asked me because has
a son 14 years old that's very femenine and love dressing.
Other time.was another woman asking me personal things and sharing her husband dresses as a woman....
It feels great, after that, as an Uber driver, people.gives me 5 stars and generous tips...

alwayshave
01-25-2020, 03:05 PM
BillieAnneJean, That is a great story.

Teri Ray
01-25-2020, 04:00 PM
Great story and great outcome. Thanks for sharing.

kimdl93
01-25-2020, 04:39 PM
You were a true angel for her. Thank you for being so kind!

lingerieLiz
01-25-2020, 09:59 PM
Great story!!!! I think it is interesting that people will overlook your choice in clothes when they need help. Some would never care, but a few overlook it while you are helping them.

Aunt Kelly
01-26-2020, 01:18 AM
Great story. I have been reflecting on it since you first shared it. What struck me the most was how that incident illustrates the bond that women share, that which allows us to share, with a complete stranger, all the fear and anxiety that accompanies such a situation. Don't get me wrong. I admire the hell out of strong women too. Many of my role models were trauma nurses (some Vietnam veterans), paramedics, and racers. But I envied them even more for that bond that they and their sisters share. It is fortunate that you were there for her, Billie. ��

MeshelleCD
01-26-2020, 10:16 AM
Very nice story. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jenna8
01-26-2020, 06:15 PM
Terrific story and very true about West Michigan.

Jenna