PDA

View Full Version : small world, funny story

Samm
02-03-2020, 08:21 AM
I'm a member of a facebook cd/tg group that puts on events and GNO's etc... I've made many friends in the past year or so since I've been a member. Some I have met in person, most I have not, and most likely never will.
Any hoo, my wife and I went out this past Saturday to a local brewery to see a friend's band. (I was stealth in my stupid boy disguise). We stayed the whole night to support our friend.
After returning home, I checked my girl facebook and saw that a friend had left a message stating that she would be in my area at the same brewery, to see a friend play etc.... She would be in male mode, and gave a brief clothing description, and to feel free to say hi if we were in the area.
I couldn't help but laugh and yell out O.M.G.! I read my wife the message, and showed her pics of my fb friend. (Girl mode, of course). It turns out, she knows (him).lol We've met in passing once or twice, but never really talked. Just kind of a nod hello in passing.
Anyway, we messaged back and forth the next day, and I had fun stringing her along for a bit by not sharing who I was. It was all in good fun. Lol.
I find it funny that we were both there, the whole night, not knowing the other was there lol. We actually gave the nod goodbye to her as we were leaving, not recognising each other in male modes. Lol
My small world just got a little smaller :)

JocelynJames
02-03-2020, 08:50 AM
Very cool. Someday we?ll get to that point, Samm

April Rose
02-03-2020, 09:43 AM
Loving this! Pretty funny.:heehee:

docrobbysherry
02-03-2020, 03:08 PM
I get what Jocelyn said. I think all of us r out among strangers daily, most days of our lives.

If we had the time and inclination to meet and chat intimately with everyone of them? I think we'd discover we have things in common with 1000's if not millions of them!:hugs:

So, was the funny part that u were at the same event? Or, that u DIDN'T bump into each other there?:straightface:

BrendaPDX
02-04-2020, 08:06 AM
Hi Samm, It is a very small world indeed! Friends and acquaintances are all around us and we don't even know it. If we could only stop seeing with just our eyes. Thanks for the recap of the evening, it sounds fun, wish I was there.

Angie G
02-04-2020, 03:49 PM
that has happened to me 100 miles from home. :hugs:
Angie

MeshelleCD
02-04-2020, 07:42 PM
Samm....very funny story. I often wonder when I am in a big crowd how many there crossdress and would I recognize them if I saw them online.

Samm
02-04-2020, 10:03 PM
So, was the funny part that u were at the same event? Or, that u DIDN'T bump into each other there?:straightface:

Doc, my friend and I only knew each other as our girl selves via facebook. We were both at the same venue at the same time, as our drab selves, supporting the same friend we (unknowingly) had in common. Neither one of us recognized the other in male mode as we've only seen pics of one another in girl mode. So, pretty much the whole chain of events were kind of funny.

Samm....very funny story. I often wonder when I am in a big crowd how many there crossdress and would I recognize them if I saw them online.

Meshelle, there were only about 30 or 40 people there, which if you think about it, isn't much at all. Also, my friend and I have met in male mode in passing, a couple of times, briefly. Neither of us recognized the other, in either mode. So to your response, I'd say that in a crowd.... more than likely, you're not the only cd/tg in the room. And you probably wouldn't recognize them either!

Devi SM
02-05-2020, 12:02 AM
yes indeed, a small world.
Do not dress and go out far from home thinking nobody would recognize you, you can find someone you don't want to out and that person could recognize. I have stories about it....
Small world.

Devi

mbmeen12
02-05-2020, 04:25 AM
I say have summer BBQ and then everyone can be outgoing relaxed and enjoy the summer day...