PDA

View Full Version : Make-up/eyebrow tip

Rexy Lee
03-28-2006, 03:51 PM
I dont know about you but I am pretty good at make-up but I've alwayd had a hard time with my eyebrows-getting a nice shape and having them look the same.
Well, I came across a cool little tool for this...eyebrow stencils!
You get a kit of 5 diggerent shapes in a plastic template. You just position them over your brows, fill a brush with a brown eye shadow and fill in the template.
Presto, in just seconds you have a perfectly shaped brow-everytime!
You can then pluck your brows to this shipe if you wish.
I found them on ebay, (just type in eyebrow stencils), for less than $10 and they will last you forever.

Hope this helps,
Rexy Lee

Kathycd
03-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Thank you Rexy will go look.

kathy

MsJanessa
03-28-2006, 06:32 PM
I dont know about you but I am pretty good at make-up but I've alwayd had a hard time with my eyebrows-getting a nice shape and having them look the same.
Well, I came across a cool little tool for this...eyebrow stencils!
You get a kit of 5 diggerent shapes in a plastic template. You just position them over your brows, fill a brush with a brown eye shadow and fill in the template.
Presto, in just seconds you have a perfectly shaped brow-everytime!
You can then pluck your brows to this shipe if you wish.
I found them on ebay, (just type in eyebrow stencils), for less than $10 and they will last you forever.

Hope this helps,
Rexy Lee
Or for five dollars I go to My beautician and she waxes them for Me.

DanaJ
03-28-2006, 06:34 PM
I agree, let a professional at least get the shape right for you. But if you must, then go to http://www.eyebrowz.com/

carol ann
03-28-2006, 06:40 PM
my problem is eye lashes - mine are so insignificant that mascara is a waste of time. I once tried to put on some false ones and after an hour and a half I utterly failed flushed them down the toilet in frustration

DanaJ
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Carol Ann, I have posted this tip in the Beuty Forum, but maybe it will help you here:

This trick may sound crazy - but....here goes anyway :)

Here is a trick I learned from one of my makeover girls - take a toothpick, and put a few dots of glue on your eyelid (almost like applying eyeliner), then put the eyelash to your eyelid. The reason this works better than the other way is because the eyelash will only stick where the glue is. The other way, the eyelash with the glue already on it has a tendency to stick everywhere you don't want it to, especially when first starting out.

jillinla
03-28-2006, 06:46 PM
False can take forever

It helps to put the mirror on the counter and look down into it while applying

The stencils are certainly better than free Plucking and hand

Plucking and beauticians can be can be a painful or embarassing process depending upon how deep your closet is

Joy Carter
03-28-2006, 08:16 PM
So how do you go about in drab with nobody noticing ??????????

Amanduhrob
03-28-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm having a hard time finding a TG friendly salon in Indy to wax my brows, so for now I have to use the stencils, which I bought at Meijer for around $5.00

MsJanessa
03-29-2006, 10:34 AM
False can take forever

It helps to put the mirror on the counter and look down into it while applying

The stencils are certainly better than free Plucking and hand

Plucking and beauticians can be can be a painful or embarassing process depending upon how deep your closet is
Once you have learned the art of applying false eyelashes, they only take about two minutes to put on---If you are using eyelash glue, spread it on the edge of the eyelash then let it stand for 30 seconds or so---that way it gets tacky and will adhere better to your lid. Also when I have my eyebrows waxed, I do so as a male---My hairdresser, who does know about my crossdressing tells me that a lot of guys have their eyebrows waxed. Nothing embarassin about it. Painful, well that's another matter but whats a little pain for beauty's sake.

Ashleigh Beth
03-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the tips, girls. I too have had endless trouble with my eyelashes! I certainly try the mirror on the counter and adhesive on the toothpick tricks. It sounds much easier and less time-consuming. And, by the way, I've seen the eyebrow stencils everywhere. Got mine at the local Target. I'm not really good at using them yet, but keep practicing!

Julie Avery
03-29-2006, 02:58 PM
So how do you go about in drab with nobody noticing ??????????

If you're going to keep them shaped, you're going to have to accept being noticed on rare occasions (rare, if you don't go overboard for an extremely thin brow). I don't think men notice. Some women do. Female family members who haven't seen you for a while very likely will notice. All in all, though, it's a lot less of a social issue than you might think if you've never done it. Some non-crossdressing men groom their brows, just not quite like a CD would.