PDA

View Full Version : Why should i feel aliented ?.

joannejoanne
03-28-2006, 04:22 PM
:worried: I have been crossdressing for 35 years now yet despite the barriers in all other areas have fallen, it still seems that to dress in female clothes is still taboo and most are still left in the closet yet to me it seems so natural, so why do i feel like some kind of alien ?.:alien:

Laurie Ann
03-28-2006, 04:28 PM
I have felt the same way for at least as long as you. I have found a great deal of support, advice, council and love from all the girls here. This has allowed me to move beyond the walls I have set in place and have actually been out among the masses. I have encoutered no problems. The closet is a self-defining facet of what we do some will stay there others will open the door and venture outside. The choice is yours but know you will find support from your sisters here.

joannejoanne
03-28-2006, 05:16 PM
many thanks for your support laurie ann. I used to venture out in my younger years and with my wifes support though the age is telling now, perhaps i'm getting a slight frustrated with age.

Teresa Amina
03-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Fellow alien here, have always been different, but So What? At 50 I'm finally coming to terms with this dual nature of mine. Mine is a comfy closet but if you look at my Profile picture I'm Dressed and at the Door. Will I go out? Don't know yet, but it's appealing isn't it? I think we worry a bit too much about the world in general and what it thinks. When the right circumstances arise I'll be out there (and Freaking Out!).:eek:

sherri
03-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Perhaps you feel that way because crossdressing is alienating. The degree of alienation varies according to the person, but most of us experience some form of disconnection - or perhaps I should say a lack of connection. In one way CDing is narcisstic and so should in theory be self-satisfying, but the reality is we all feel a powerful need for personal interaction, validation, etc. The problem is that not many people are prepared to engage us. On top of that, most of us carry around, even exaggerate, a paranoia about perceived stigma.

It's easy enough to get out there and interact with people while shopping, and to cultivate acquaintances, but that kind of interaction happens on a relatively superficial level. It's fun, but it doesn't satisfy our need for intimacy. Whether you're interested in men or women, friends or romance, the pool of interested parties is pretty small.

In this context, this forum is both a blessing and a curse. Here you can find comraderie, sympathy, encouragement, education, stimulation - everything but in-person interaction. The forum sustains us while simultaneously fueling our desire for recognition and intimacy. And because it hosts a seemingly large population of kindred spirits, the forum can foster a false sense of expectation that can be deflated by real life experiences.

In the face of such frustration, you can either succumb or fight it. I choose to fight it. Sometimes it is all disheartening, but I take my little victories where I can find them. My attitude is that we are in a very real sense pioneers attacking barriers, forging our own ways and, hopefully, paving the way for greater acceptance. It may the next generation, and the one after that, that reaps the greatest benefit.

joannejoanne
03-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Sherri.
How refreshing your thread was to read. I thought it was just a stuffy old England problem but obviously not.Fortunately i have a very good partner who undrestands and i find this web site so refreshing.
Joanne

VeronicaMoonlit
03-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Perhaps you feel that way ...

In this context, this forum is both a blessing and a curse.

...that reaps the greatest benefit.

VG (very good) post. Kudos!

Veronica

eleventhdr
03-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Because for a male to enter the female feminie world is still very alien to most male's even those of us who have tryed to experiment being female. It is still kind of very strange to become the girl we really do want to be.inside out. I know that it is still some kind of thrill to be and be able to be her when i have been able to be so. and very problay always would be unless i was somehow able to be changed completly into here at long last then it just might make all of the difference Hmmm!: Suzy!: