PDA

View Full Version : Finally stepped out en femme

Stephanie_V
02-15-2020, 08:47 PM
Well, finally took the plunge and went out all dolled up. I met a fellow CDer a few weeks ago who put out the offer of spending some time together out and about while dressed. Took a few weeks of hemming and hawing on my part, but today decided, "Why not?"
I actually had a good time. I had all the usual reservation. The anxiety of what people will say, will the laugh at me, etc. Don't think I could of done it without her. She made sure I was ok with it and was mindful of how I was feeling.
Went to several stores. Didn't stay too long in each one. The back of my brain kept telling me ppl were going to stare, talk about us, giggle in our direction. Didn't happen though (or I didn't see it). In fact, we weren't treated any different. Heck, in one store, the security guard told us "Have a good night mame and drive safe". Even stopped in at an adult store where my friend knew the clerk just to say hi.
Final test was stopping for a bite to eat. Crowded restaurant on a Saturday night. All kinds of thoughts in my head. But I pulled my big girl panties up, straightened my skirt and did it. No glares, no pointing. It was pretty awesome.
Just had to share my story. Thanks!

Maid_Marion
02-15-2020, 08:57 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Congratulations on going shopping and eating out! Thanks for sharing!

Marion

Micki_Finn
02-15-2020, 09:11 PM
Yaaaay! Very happy for you. It just gets easier from here.

Connie D50
02-16-2020, 05:17 AM
Steph welcome to the club, now that the seal has been open there is nothing stopping you enjoy. Connie

Krea
02-16-2020, 05:55 AM
Stephanie, that is a wonderful post. Good for you. :thumbsup: I hope that this is the start of many happy experiences for you out&about. Enjoy! :)

Maria 60
02-16-2020, 06:35 AM
That sounded fantastic, I can feel the excitement in your writing. Good for you it must have taken a lot of courage, but it sounds like you owned it. Thanks for sharing, it always makes a nice day with a positive story.

luuv2dress
02-16-2020, 10:02 AM
Congratulations on taking the step out!

Lana Mae
02-16-2020, 10:16 AM
Congrats on getting out! As Mikki said, it just gets easier and easier! Hugs Lana Mae

Helen_Highwater
02-16-2020, 10:46 AM
Stephanie,

Yep, those little voices telling you the world was going to come crashing in on you and............nothing. Really pleased you had such a great day out, one of many more to come I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

JaclynL61
02-16-2020, 01:16 PM
Great Stephanie. I'm glad to had fun and relaxed. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny22
02-16-2020, 02:04 PM
Your resolve was bolstered by being with another person. It did the same for me my first time out. Girls, if you want to make it outside, try to find a friend (CD?) who will go with you .. or your wife/SO. It makes all the difference in the world for your confidence. Then, just own it!

alwayshave
02-16-2020, 03:12 PM
Stephanie, That's great. It's always a bigger problem in our minds than in reality.

AndreaSarah
02-16-2020, 03:16 PM
Good job Stephanie!Keep it up

JuliaGirl
02-16-2020, 03:36 PM
Sounds amazing and having the support would be the only way I'd ever consider stepping out.

Angela Marie
02-16-2020, 03:44 PM
Congratulations. I well remember the first time I went out. I've never stopped.

suzanne
02-17-2020, 02:37 AM
Good

For

You!
Like all the others who have gone out before you, you have proven to yourself that the Boogeyman is not waiting for you with torch and pitchfork. The worst thing that could have happened might be the realization that you could have done it years ago and now you have to make up for lost time. I guess everyone's situation is different so any one anecdote in this forum is just partial evidence not proof.

But now you've done it! Congratulations, and may you have many more successful outings and stories to add, encouraging others to get out there too.

DianeT
02-17-2020, 05:41 AM
Thanks for sharing Stephanie, reading your post one can feel the challenge it represented, and the courage you demonstrated is inspiring. I'm not into going out (my crossdressing is very personal and self-centered), but I always enjoy reading the stories of people like you who were brave enough to do it. Very touching and very uplifting post. I hope you do it again and it only gets better.

MonicaPVD
02-17-2020, 07:42 PM
Now this is a beautiful thing. Congrats on this first huge step forward.

Stephanie_V
02-17-2020, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone! Having my friend Jessica there was definitely the support I needed. Already imagining the next outing!

Kimberly A.
02-17-2020, 08:10 PM
That's awesome, Stephanie and congrats! :)
As Obi-Wan Kenobi told Luke Skywalker: "You've taken your first step into a much larger world". LOL

I go out dressed when I'm home every other weekend and I don't even get nervous anymore, nor do I care if people laugh, point, stare, snicker, etc. LOL

mylilsecret8
02-17-2020, 09:34 PM
Congrats on your first time dressed en-femme!! We often build up scary scenarios which are much bigger than reality. I rarely encounter more than second looks from people. I really only had one uncomfortable situation when some two teen age boys yelled "hey dude what are you wearing" so I ducked inside a store. It really turned out to not be that big of deal and I remember later laughing that type of thing wasn't worth worrying over. What did I really care what they thought.

HarrietD
02-18-2020, 12:44 AM
Very cool. Gets easier the more you do it.

Krisi
02-18-2020, 09:14 AM
That's great. Now the question; Were you two out as ladies (trying to pass as women) or as crossdressers? How did you handle your voices?

Teresa
02-18-2020, 09:43 AM
Stephanie ,
All those litttle voices in your head finally silenced , feels good doesn't it !

Could you do it by yourself ? Possibly the way to prove it is meet up with Jessica after driving yourself , the first time is hard as you feel everyone's eyes are on you .

As Micki says it does get easier but then you may try tougher challenges .

Krisi poses the question of how you felt when you went out , I go out regularly with a TS friend and it really does feel like two ladies out shopping and having coffee , neither of us attempt to change our voices , my friend doesn't have a deep voice , she tells me mine sounds OK but by then people have read us for what we are so what we sound like isn't a problem . I admit we have a lot of fun when out we're like a comedy duo at times .

Stephanie_V
02-18-2020, 12:28 PM
That's great. Now the question; Were you two out as ladies (trying to pass as women) or as crossdressers? How did you handle your voices?
We were definitely trying to pass. We were both dressed conservatively. Full makeup (nothing over the top), sported all the accessories (purse, jewelry, my ears are pierced).
We both have enough male characteristics though that a semi close look and it's obvious. For me it's the height and shoulders.
As for my voice, I tend to speak in a softer tone when in Stephanie mode. Is it feminine enough? Not sure. It's hard to self judge in my opinion. I didn't do too much talking while in public anyways due to the nervousness of the situation.

Krisi
02-18-2020, 01:01 PM
Thanks for explaining it. Glad you had a good time and I hope you get the chance to do it again. I have no CD friends and have yet to talk my wife into going out with me even in another town.