PDA

View Full Version : when is it "life is too short" time?

jacques
02-16-2020, 11:41 AM
hello all,
There comes a time in our lives when we say "life is too short, it is time to stop putting off enjoying it..." (or something like that). So have you got to that stage yet and when did it happen?
luv J

Teresa
02-16-2020, 12:02 PM
Jacques,
You don't say how old you re to come to that conclusion , I know there are members older than me but I do feel what I have now is a good as it gets so I must make the most of it , the clock is ticking !

On a more serious note I nearly ended my life twenty years ago over my TG issues , I never want to go down that road again so life is now for living .

Robertacd
02-16-2020, 12:41 PM
Began to happen in my 40's.

Life is always too short, don't wait for a better time

Sarah Doepner
02-16-2020, 01:20 PM
With myself and many of those I know, we agree the best time was probably several years before we took the first steps. In lieu of that I guess the answer is now.

docrobbysherry
02-16-2020, 01:34 PM
I'm 76 now and the first time I dared take Sherry outside was about 12 years ago. Since the? It's been "Katy bar the door"! Sherry's been out and about all over the country and the world!:eek:

And, now she's every fem character I can think of in my picto stories.

Either the heroin or butt of the joke!:brolleyes:

At Angkor Wat in Cambodia a few years ago

Mera from Aqua Man last year

Read my motto below!

AllieSF
02-16-2020, 02:28 PM
Freedom from the pressures of work and life began when living overseas and having a girlfriend that I wanted to marry. I left the company after 18 years to pursue (without success) someone personally very important to me. It effect I rebelled at the normal professional career constraints that we let interfere with our private lives. Fast forward a few years and I started crossdressing, enjoying it as a lifestyle, at that time, more than I could have ever anticipated. That earlier freedom in life transferred to that moment too. As I let life unfold before me, that freedom has let me become someone new to me and very much loved by me, Allie, a full time woman, a transwoman.

If you can get there like me and Sherry you will really never look back. It truly is a freedom from constraints by others, by work and life. Not all can get there though because life's obligations sometimes need to rule the day. If you can get there it truly is wonderful.

alwayshave
02-16-2020, 02:31 PM
I don't know that life is to short, but I know at this point I am sure enough about myself that I don't care what others think. So I dress because I like to and it doesn't hurt anyone else, why not just enjoy myself.

Angela Marie
02-16-2020, 02:32 PM
I have semi gotten to that stage. Family considerations always come first. My wife, number 2, knows and is cool with it. My children do not know and I don't think the reaction would be good. So as I always say you play the hand your dealt. As I approach 66 I am becoming more comfortable in my femme persona and I wear leggings to the gym and jean leggings out shopping. Also growing my nails.

wendy
02-16-2020, 02:42 PM
This may sound weird, but to me it was a turning point.

Taylor Swift's Reputation Stadium Tour in 2018 was my turning point. Up until then, I was mired in work stress/drama, and just working for the paycheque. After attending the concert, it was one of the best times in my life. I really felt alive and everything related to work just melted away. I realized at that point that work is only a means to an end, and it definitely helps in the $$$ dept for the fun things in my life (like concerts and clothing for Wendy), Since then, I was able to knock off a few more bucket list items off my list, and really made a concerted effort to put work at a very low priority. If I could, I would ditch work altogether, but that paycheque is something I really need at this point in my life.

Since then, my life, health, family, friends, and of course my wife all come first. I only do enough at work so I don't get flagged for being lazy, but I refuse to do one second over my allotted time.

I'm also working at knocking off a few more items from my bucket list as well.

prettytoes
02-16-2020, 02:56 PM
I lost my best friend when I was 22. We were friends since grade school. It was that point that I realized that life is fragile. We could be gone at any time, you never know when your time has come. I live life as much as possible. I am now 54 and I have done things that most people would consider a bit "crazy", but for me life is an adventure waiting to be had. I always have my legs silky smooth, which helps with my favorite passion...scuba diving. Slipping into a wetsuit is so much easier with smooth legs. I've been diving with feeding 14' Bull Sharks, among many other things I've seen under water. I've been charged by Black Bear mamas with cubs...twice, and I've had a gator crawl over me while diving on a dark river bottom searching for Megladon teeth. I wear pretty much what I want to around the house; lately it's been leggings with a long t shirt, and my toes are usually painted. I get pedicures 4-5 times a year, and I always get color. There's a really cute little old lady that I have crossed paths with many times. I wasn't sure how she'd react the first time I got color when she was there. She told me "life's too short...go for the glitter!" I was quite surprised to hear that from her. I told Alyssa "how can I argue that...go for the glitter!"

I have no regrets in my life. If my time comes tomorrow, I will have enjoyed the ride!

JuliaGirl
02-16-2020, 03:50 PM
My 40s? Had younger kids then, but I finally ... finally ... gave up purging clothes, and hiding behind either the sexual fetish of dressing or still not accepting that when I dress I feel utterly comfortable, relaxed, less stressed, more "me". I became calm when dressed and that was my final clue that I am who I am and that dressing is always going to be a need I have and be part of me.

Looking back, I should have also had the courage at the time of telling my wife. I didn't. One regret to this day. Felt there was so much to lose and still do, for different reasons now. But yeah, early 40s when I realized life's too short to not dress and be Julia, when the opportunities present themselves.

Taylor186
02-16-2020, 04:26 PM
Mid 40s I started to open the door and by 51 it was wide open.

Vikky
02-16-2020, 04:36 PM
I had always had CD interests since teenage years but it seemed ?wrong? and was shamed of it. Maintained the interest and inclinations all my life with only very occasional, immature attempts at CDing.

Fast forward and in my sixties I was fortunate to make an amazing trip over many months on what was effectively a ?trip of lifetime? adventure. Retirement followed and I thought ?life is too short? and decided that now I had to answer me inner voice and take the plunge into CDing. It was to become an adventure of its own.

Seven or eight years it is still a DADT situation (told my SO about a year into my interest), found this site and am glad I did. Its brilliant.

Vikky.

Cheryl T
02-17-2020, 09:26 AM
I struggled in the closet till about 20 years ago.
Suddenly one day I had had enough and just told the wife "we have a problem".
She already knew about Cheryl but thought she had gone away or at least back in hiding. We talked and talked and I told her I can't hide anymore. If this is going to be a deal breaker for her then just tell me and let's move on with it. Since she already knew and had some time to digest all this I suppose that made it easier for her to accept.
I began dressing about the house more frequently and being more Me. The time just suddenly came for me and I was one of the lucky ones.

Lana Mae
02-17-2020, 10:05 AM
It may sound cruel but after my wife passed away! I loved her dearly but she did not want another woman in the marriage! She passed away 4 years ago in March! I spent a period of mourning! Then when I felt right about it, I went to K-Mart and bought panties! I then found this site and the rest is history! Hugs Lana Mae

Maid_Marion
02-17-2020, 10:24 AM
My wife was fully accepting but her illness was too much for me think about myself in her last year. A couple years after she passed I also realized that not only had I saved plenty for retirement, but got a few lucky breaks along the way.
Like doubling down after the 2008 market correction. My first purchase was a bra at the local Target.

Genifer Teal
02-17-2020, 10:52 AM
9/11 did it for me. That was a Tuesday and I had previously made plans to go into the city that Saturday. I wasn't getting out much in public back then. I had been to the city twice with mixed results. I could say I was going out anyway and it may have led to the same outcome but after getting over the initial shock of what had gone down so close to home on 9/11 i realized how short life can be. This came at the right time to give me the extra push I needed. I never looked back!

Allison Chaynes
02-17-2020, 02:22 PM
35, when I had a heart attack requiring open heart surgery. My life sucks enough to keep restraining myself from enjoying it unnecessarily.

This, on top of three airplance accidents, four separate gunshot wounds, water moccasin bite, going to war and almost dying twice, heart disease as a kid.... yeah. Life's too short, we gotta live....and even though I say that, I still restrain myself because I don't live full-time as a woman, which honestly I'm not sure I want to but I don't do enough that I feel good about where I'm at.

Mermaiden
02-17-2020, 06:52 PM
Wow! I?m surprised to learn docrobsherry is 76 and looks so great, but AllisonChayne four Gun shots, three airplane crashes and a water moccasin? That?s crazy stuff!
Life is short, and full of surprises.

Kandi Robbins
02-17-2020, 07:11 PM
In reality, it should be at birth. But for many here and myself, it's happens when you hit your fifties.

After that many years on the planet, you finally realize you are what you are and start living that "don't give a s**t" attitude.

And that moment changed everything!

TheHiddenMe
02-17-2020, 10:05 PM
It's always too short. It just becomes more apparent as you get older.

One advantage of being older is that you often have less to lose. I'm retired, so being outed would not have a negative implication on my employment (although I worked for a pretty progressive company, so it wouldn't have likely made a difference). Being retired also allows more free time, which means more girl time.

Also, getting older means kids may (or may not) have moved out so one less obstacle.

I started getting more serious about dressing about 20 years ago (early 40's) but didn't do it on a regular basis until I turned 59. Now I ask myself why I waited so long.

I have a former FWB who I still communicate with who helped me dress a few times back in our late 20's. I'm sure if I would have asked to take me out dressed she would have done so, but I was too timid to ask and do it. I had to wait another 30 years to make it happen.

The right answer is generally "now".

Erin_T
02-22-2020, 08:51 AM
I always seem to remember this ?life is way too short? when something bad or tragic happens ... the statement is though 💯 true and I try not to let the little things bother me as we all shouldn?t!

DMichele
02-22-2020, 09:44 AM
After undergoing coronary bypass surgery back in August as a result of discovery of below the radar coronary artery disease, I came away with eyes that are more open. Many opportunities have gone over my spillway of life, but a can't change yesterday or yesteryear, but I can be true to myself and change today and my tomorrows. I am a work-in-progress and striving to live my truth.

kimdl93
02-22-2020, 10:45 AM
For me, it seems that I can always find some obligation to others that takes precedent over my wants. My greatest regrets are those occasions when I acted out of self-interest without concern for how it impacted those closest to me.

That being said, being retired and living alone are affording me much more opportunity to satisfy my own wants without infringing on anyone else.

looking_good
02-22-2020, 11:18 AM
My version of 'life is too short" is worded a little differently: "If not now, then when?" and manifests in a number of ways - none of them a thunderclap but together profound.

sometimes_miss
02-22-2020, 02:56 PM
Began to happen in my 40's.
This is what I'd experienced, as well. By the time I was well into my 40's, I wasn't putting off dressing up as a girl anymore; as soon as I was home, I would discard my 'man uniform' that I had to wear to work and do my 'out in public' chores, and dress up as I felt I should. Blood pressure went down, depression and anxiety mostly resolved, it just feels right.

jacques
02-26-2020, 04:48 PM
hello all,
thank you all for your replies.
A friend of mine has had a sudden life changing illness and that prompted my question.
I don't know when that will happen to me - so what is the point of delaying the things I want to do?
luv J

Dutchess
02-26-2020, 04:53 PM
More like what you are talking about OP. This came to me when I survived being thrown through the windshield of my 1977 Monte Carlo , when I was 16 years old , 2 days before New Years 1979 .
I was hurt very badly a it took a very long time to recover .
I have been living like mad ever since and see what is important and what isn't a little differently that most .

Now also as I have been recovering from benzodiazapine withdrawal for the last year and a half That's been mind bending , VERY traumatic .

Rebekah_uk
02-26-2020, 05:17 PM
Life is to short

It was brought home to me big time last January, I woke up around three am feeling terrible. Feeling very tender on the upper right side of my stomach. I initially thought it was just indigestion from hell. So went to the store and bought some gaviscon. After two days I visited my doctor she asked me to go straight Hospital from her surgery. After that I remember waking up from surgery and being told my gallbladder ruptured and I had foot long scar in my stomach.

So when your high tolerance for pain that I inherited from my dad and my own stupidity lead to a brush with death. Your right 100% life is to short and my light was nearly sniffed out way to early.

So it?ll be no crop tops but I intend to enjoy everything in my life that happens. To enjoying getting out this year as Rebekah to seeing my kids grow up and hugging my wife a little longer.

Since coming out to her it?s been a rollercoaster but it was either come out or destroy my marriage.

I enjoy dressing when I can as my kids are young I hope to get to a gender mosaic meeting this year. To others like me in this city we call our nations capital Ottawa

Hugs and stuff

Rebekah
xxx

Krisi
02-28-2020, 10:47 AM
I don't think there's ever a "life is too short time". Up until the moment of death, you will still have your wife, children, grand children, brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews to think about. And probably close friends as well.

Whatever you do, you are not living in a vacuum.

Stephanie47
02-28-2020, 12:28 PM
Friday, August 21, 1970 @ 7:30 AM +/-

Amelie
02-28-2020, 01:30 PM
For me it would be like riding a roller coaster. I started enjoying life as a teen. Then bad things happened and I ran away from society, hiding. Going from enjoying life to hating life went back and forth for me. There was no particular time that I really started and stayed that way, I always had troubles that on a few occasions made me want to quit.

But the best part of my life is now, since I left the big cities and live all alone in a rural area. I have little contact with people which makes life worth living again. When I feel lonely I come online but that loneliness doesn't last cause I got nature and gardening to make me happy. Maybe in the future I will have another down turn. If that happens I can't see going anywhere or doing anything that would bring me out of depression. I did all there is to do in life.

AimeeJ
02-28-2020, 03:58 PM
I just did recently....last week, in fact. I was having a rough time in my marriage. Part of it was me hiding my real self. I said I wanted a divorce and all that. We didn't talk for a few days and then had a huge discussion. I told her about me dressing, and we addressed our other issues. Things seem to be better now and I'm happy about moving forward with life now.

Cheryl T
02-28-2020, 04:51 PM
I reached that point 20 years ago.
It should have been my realization when I was 20. I've seen too many people come and go (permanently). We never know when our time is up so make the most of it.