PDA

View Full Version : Away for a while, finally back

BobbiJo C
02-22-2020, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone.
I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy with Family and work.
Now that I have a "Little" free time I've been putting it to use. I'm working on the "Bucket List".
Today I made reservations for the Keystone Conference, Harrisburg Pa. I've been wanting to attend for years and I am finally going. Is anyone else? What should I expect? If you've attended, I'm interested in your thoughts.
My second "bucket list" item is that I made an appointment at a Bridal Salon. I'm looking forward to a fun afternoon.
BobbiJo C

BobbiJo C
03-08-2020, 05:56 AM
Here's an update.
This week I attend my appointment with a stylist at my local David's Bridal.
The lady was fantastic. Very welcoming and extremely helpful.
I spent the better part of 2 hours trying in dresses and having pics taken.
I narrowed my selections down to 2. A mermaid style and a ballgown style, both in ivory. Decision time.
I'm going to think about it for a time and then return to view them again and decide.

If anyone is contemplating shopping for a wedding dress, you will find David's very friendly.
Also, all of the other customers were friendly also.

Micki_Finn
03-08-2020, 09:48 AM
Are you getting married or just want a wedding dress?

BobbiJo C
03-15-2020, 12:48 PM
Micki, I've always wanted a wedding dress. I'm not getting married.
Sorry for the delay in answering, I've been busy again.

Crissy 107
03-15-2020, 09:07 PM
BobbiJo, I think your trip to the bridal salon sounds like a wonderful time. I think that is something that many of us would enjoy.

Beverley Sims
03-16-2020, 07:55 AM
The bridal salon appointment can be fun, I used to do it years ago when I arranged mock weddings for sporting clubs.

They knew what I was and the staff played it up to the hilt, especially with other "straight" clients.

I helped sell a few wedding dresses by playing along.