PDA

View Full Version : Do your outfits ever choose you?

LadyInRed
02-24-2020, 09:26 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

so with a day off, i was planning on getting some work done around the house and had plans for a day en femme, nothing major, I have a cute pair of overalls and a nice top.
however when i went into my closet my red dress with frills just spoke to me, the bows, the black lace told me i was going to be a vision in red today..

does anyone else have this happen to them?

SherriePall
02-24-2020, 09:30 AM
Sometimes. Many times I don't even have to view the outfit. I just think about it and the next time I dress, on it goes. And sometimes it doesn't have to be an outfit. Once in a while, I think about a piece of lingerie and build my outfit around it.

Teresa
02-24-2020, 09:56 AM
Jamie,
No I choose the outfit approriate for the occasion . At the moment the UK weather is all wind and rain so keeping warm and dry is the most important requirement .

Cheryl T
02-24-2020, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I have to say that sometimes the best laid plans just get taken over.
I'll plan a day and decide what to wear, lay out my lingerie the night before and then after showering and dressing I'll head to the closet and just not feel it.
Something else will say...Me, me...wear me today and of course who am I to deny a lovely dress a day in the sun.

Micki_Finn
02-24-2020, 10:48 AM
Can’t say it has. But for me and what I do, a lot more goes into a look than “what dress do I feel like wearing?”

Tiff
02-24-2020, 02:28 PM
Days off rule.

NancySue
02-24-2020, 02:45 PM
Yes. Many times I pretty well have in mind my attire, but when I open my closet, sometimes I see something that kinda jumps out. I?m mostly a skirt and top girl, but I have several nice dresses. Ah, decisions, decisions. Love it !

Tahoegurl
02-24-2020, 05:52 PM
Jamie, I usually plan out my outfits for what I plan on doing. I will tell you that on some occasions a particular blouse or skirt will call out and strike my fancy. I love all of my clothes so it isn't like there is a down side... Cheers.

franlee
02-24-2020, 06:24 PM
Oh yes! A lot of the time I will be planning to do something that you would normally wear a tee and jeans with tennis's and when I go to the bedroom to get dressed. A skirt or slacks and casual blouse will shout at me. And then of course the shoes and jewelry has to be paired up with the "more me" outfit.

docrobbysherry
02-24-2020, 07:59 PM
Every time I dress. My outfit dictates the figure I will wear in it!:battingeyelashes:

In fact? They all have notes on them with what figure to wear so I don't have to try them on!:thumbsup:

"Small bbs and butt. No hips."
"Medium figure"
"Full figure"
"All figures"

Asew
02-26-2020, 10:03 AM
I feel like this happens the most for me with a dress, maybe once a month. Usually plan outfits for better days and just wear whatever for blah days.

jacques
02-26-2020, 04:35 PM
hello Jamie,
yes - clothes can speak!
I do wish that clothes would stop saying "buy me" when I am shopping
luv J

Andrea Chenowith
02-27-2020, 02:29 PM
I don’t necessarily have clothes that say “wear me”, but I have clothes that scream “buy me” ALL the time as I walk by them in the store. Usually, I can resist, but not today. I’m headed to Hall’s to get a pair of plaid pull-on trousers (think super upscale leggings) that have been singing a siren song to me for 10 days.

Lorna
03-01-2020, 07:50 AM
This is surely one of the greatest contrasts between male and female clothing. With male clothing, apart from perhaps not wanting to wear newest/best items on a day when some potentially messy activity is planned, the choice of clothes really makes no difference. Shirt, pants, trousers, socks....they all feel much the same and I can do any activity in them. That's not so with women's clothes. Not only do the outer garments - dress - skirt (short/long, tight/easy, etc) - trousers - shorts - need to be chosen appropriately but there's a whole range of underwear/lingerie/hosiery options as well....and then there are shoes! In my younger days I was often intrigued by the complexity of girls' choices of clothing for different activities and their need to think ahead and perhaps be prepared to change clothing more than once during the day to match a planned activity. I can see why so many women now opt for the jeans/top/flat shoes outfit...which gives them the same univeraslity that men traditionally "enjoy".

CandaceNichole
03-01-2020, 07:56 AM
Often a certain pair of heels will call out to me and then the outfit is built around them

Amelie
03-01-2020, 02:11 PM
I have my clothes in a pile on the floor. I just grab whatever is on top and good to go.