PDA

View Full Version : A step forward

Crisack
03-28-2006, 11:21 PM
In the short time I've been on this board, it's really boosted my self confidence. Tonight was a good example. I was in a store picking up some things and one of the items I needed were right next to a rack full of panties. Black, lace, ribbons (woot! ribbons!!). Had to get them. So as I'm up at the only check out, with a line behind me, guess which item is the only one that doesn't ring up right? Of course the young sales clerk had to yell across the store to another lady to ask the price and holding them up so she could see...from ACROSS the store! As she's holding them up for the lady (who's now walking over to the the line that is backing up) another clerk came in from her break. So here's these three ladies talking across the store about the price of these panties this guy is picking up. Finally a forth lady who heard the commotion stuck her head out from another aisle to yell the price out. "Those panties he's getting are 3 for $10" Now none of this was malicious, they could have been yelling for the price of a pack of cigerettes for all they cared.

If it were last month, I would have just walked out of the store in embarassment. It's amazing what a little acceptance from others can do for your self esteem. I just stood there with an impatient look on my face and smiled at the ladies waiting in line behind me. I'm glad I stumbled on this forum, glad to read some really good advice, and REALLY REALLY glad that I'm not as much of a freak as I thought I was, lol. Well, maybe still a little but that's for another thread =)

Michelle Hart
03-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Congradulations.

See it really is'nt as bad as you envision it to be. The first time I bougt "stuff" it was scary but now it's no big deal.

Keep it up sister!!

Kathycd
03-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Fantastic! congratulations. My first and ONLY time I wnet to a Wally world to buy a bra,I was in drab, I was standing at the check out and the lady behind me whispered in my ear "do you want me to buy that for you? I thank her and said it was for my wife. then I get to the cashier and the very first thing she asks is, " did you try it on to see if it fit?" and this with a knowing smile.

I have not been shopping in person since.

kathy