PDA

View Full Version : One, Please!

IRIA
03-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Ham ha! Hey gals! It's been awhile. Sorry about that. Anyroad, I'll be moving into my own apartment in a few weeks ( yea! ), and I've already got a lot of the things I need, but does anyone have any ideas about something no single t-gal in her very own apartment should be without? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance! Ciao for now.;)

GypsyKaren
03-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Seriously? A definate must have...a kick-ass stereo system, with a collection of Neil Young, of course.

Karen

Holly
03-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Hummmmm... I was thinking more along the lines of Barry Manilow. :p

Bernice
03-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Perhaps a sewing machine?
An ironing board?
A full length mirror and/or lighted makeup mirror?
A huge closet with heads for the wigs?
Wine glasses?

I guess the question is too open ended to answer intelligently.

Hugs,

Bernice

GypsyKaren
03-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Hummmmm... I was thinking more along the lines of Barry Manilow. :p

Tony Orlando?

Denise_Z
03-29-2006, 12:46 AM
I like that Barry Manilow idea. Especially his early material. I always liked Tony, Joyce and Telma also.

Billijo49504
03-29-2006, 12:50 AM
I second the idea of a sewing machine, mirrors and lots of closets. Pots and pans would be nice. Maybe a cookbook or two. Burgers and pizza get stale fast....BJ

sherri
03-29-2006, 01:07 AM
Barry Manilow? Tony Orlando? Good grief, just shoot me now.

Sugar, you now have an opportunity to adequately store and care for your wardrobe, hair, makeup, etc, probably for the first time. Take full advantage of it. Closet organizers, wig heads and makeup mirrors are worth the investment. And go for a little style, create a home atmosphere where you can flourish. Don't forget pretty sheets ... and a cordless phone.

Jennaie
03-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Ummm... someone to share it with?

Jennaie :be:

jo_ann
03-29-2006, 07:09 AM
if your apartment is gonig to be on the 2nd floor or higher, I HIGHLY reccomend getting a cart with wheels. This can be used both for hauling up groceries and for stuffing your laundry into (because 99% of apartments have community laundry rooms, or sometimes none at all and you have to drive to a laundrymat). trust me, you'll thank me for it.

Julie Avery
03-29-2006, 07:19 AM
Full length mirror ;)

Wendy me
03-29-2006, 07:38 AM
dsl get dsl .... then go shopping for some new outfits....

randi_789
03-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Definitely the full length mirror. Maybe more than one.

Sam-antha
03-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Seems we all agree on the mirror thingy. Just make sure it is broad to make view walking and turning easy. Do not forget another one for the back view and another for the side. Then the make-up mirror.
Having sorted the view you must sort the acessories. That requires a place to spread out the make -up and the wigs. Oh and a shoe rack which you probably do not have .... yet.
Sam

TGMarla
03-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Hummmmm... I was thinking more along the lines of Barry Manilow. Barely Man-enough? I think not. I'll start with the Neil Young and work from there. Whew! The last thing I need when dressed is to get all that syrup all over my clothes.

So:
Full-length mirror
Shoe rack
Makeup mirror
Cart with wheels
High speed internet (an absolute must!)
Beer

And perhaps a nice kitty. Hey, pets need people!

Butterfly Bill
03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Does there exist a crossdresser who doesn't have a full length mirror?

Petrina CD
03-29-2006, 08:01 PM
A companion!!!!!!!!

Robin
03-29-2006, 08:13 PM
if your apartment is gonig to be on the 2nd floor or higher, I HIGHLY reccomend getting a cart with wheels. This can be used both for hauling up groceries and for stuffing your laundry into (because 99% of apartments have community laundry rooms, or sometimes none at all and you have to drive to a laundrymat). trust me, you'll thank me for it.

One of the two best wedding presents I got was a little red wagon. When we lived in a small apartment with external laundry we could stack 4 laundry baskets in the wagon, pile on detergent, softener, and the cup of quarters, and haul the whole mess to the laundry at once. Then came kids and other things to haul in the little red wagon. We're still using it today, to haul things back and forth between our non-attached garage and home.

Plus, it's cute.

If you have stairs, you might want to get one of the little folding wheeled carts used by old ladies and sailors, aka a "dock cart." Sadly little red wagons don't do so well on stairs.

kim in n.c.
03-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Full length mirror ? I use 4 by 8 sheets of 1/8 inch thick acrylic panels. Mirrored of course. Mounts like a regular mirror (small clips w/ small nails or screws ). they come in colors too.

Rikkicn
03-29-2006, 09:31 PM
I was wondering if this will be the first time your living alone for a long time?
I remember the day I drove away from my home, my now, ex wife and my life.
It had a two day drive in front of me so I had lots of time to think as I drove to San Francisco. I had rented a tiny, tiny apartment on the internet. I was taking a chance. Some parts of San Francisco are not as safe as others. It was my first time in the city too.
It was a little bit of a process to sign the short term lease and get keys and other stuff. But finally, there I was after 27 years of marriage, alone again , in my own apartment and it felt soooooooooooo great!
I hung all my nighties and robes in the closet and kept the door open so I could see them. It was like a dream.
I was nervous becasue of this HUGE change I was making but sooo excited and yet anxious about the future.
In some sense life began again for me that day.

I hope you find all the happiness that you've been searching for.
I wish you love, passion and intimacy enough to fill your beautiful golden cup.
Blessings
Rikki

Wenda
03-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Besides the full-length mirror, several other mirrors, preferably on hinges, so you can see how you look from behind, the side, etc.
Before you buy a lot of new things: closet organizers. They not only keep things sorted, but they give you the pleasure of seeing all your femme stuff at one glance. They also encourage you to be selective, to keep the things you use and like, and discard the things you dont.
I didnt know Barry Mannelow was a crossdresser.

Sharon
03-30-2006, 04:58 AM
Get yourself a nice bureau with plenty of smaller drawers for all your finery, and make sure you get a large one, because you will fill it up before you know it.

Lilith Moon
03-30-2006, 08:09 AM
LOL!

There are three in this house. Plus cupboard door mirrors in the bathroom that, when angled just so in combination, give side and rear views of a girls head :cool:

Vicky_Scotland
03-30-2006, 08:29 AM

OMG I don't.

Does that make me a weirdo?

I now have a complex.........help!!!!

Jodi
03-30-2006, 10:02 PM
When I started living by myself 7 years ago, the first thing I bought was the full length mirror.

Jodi