PDA

View Full Version : I like to dress but I'm not completely happy with my look, because-----

docrobbysherry
03-24-2020, 06:39 PM
----I began dressing at age 50+. My legs and figure looked young back then and I'm even slimmer now. But, I HATE seeing a 70+ year old man's face on my attractive, young woman's body!:Angry3:

Now, u!:heehee:

cdinmd206
03-24-2020, 06:46 PM
I am fat and unfortunately medical problems prevent me from losing too much weight. But big gurls can dress to pass also!!!!

Shely
03-24-2020, 07:15 PM
Yea and at 70 you'll really hate the difference between the body all dressed up and the face. I have also been trying to apply makeup cleverly enough to minimize the look of my 70 some years.

RADER
03-24-2020, 08:52 PM
I am in a similar boat. I am over 70, over weight, and have mobility problems. a trifecta I guess.
But I still dress around the house, and love every minuet of it. And with the Lock down, more dressing time.
Rader

Helen_Highwater
03-25-2020, 05:37 AM
Yep a few pounds off would be good. As for age, I know many women over 70 who remain fit, well and can still go out socially and look attractive.

So in my mid sixties there's hope for me yet.

alwayshave
03-25-2020, 06:44 AM
Doc, Don't we all. I hate my fat face, but I'm attempting to loose weight so that it looks a little better.

GretchenM
03-25-2020, 07:14 AM
To me the solution is to not try and look like a young woman, but rather to look like one of the very attractive older women that are out there. Look around. There are some real beauties out there.

LelaK
03-25-2020, 07:18 AM
… rather to look like one of the very attractive older women that are out there.

Like Joan Rivers?

Ressie
03-25-2020, 07:53 AM
Age and wrinkles are unpleasant realities even for those that don't cross dress. When I was young I had the face, long hair and body but I didn't have any clothes!

I hate my fat face

I came to that conclusion last year and managed to lose 20 pounds but I need to lose a little more. I also got tired of my fat belly!

NancySue
03-25-2020, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the Club. Getting old sucks and it doesn?t get better, but it sure beats the alternative.

CynthiaD
03-25-2020, 08:36 AM
As long as I look female I’m happy. Even if it’s ugly female.

Pumped
03-25-2020, 10:41 AM
60 years old, slightly over weight, beard and mustache. I can get the neck down to look pretty good. The neck up is beyond help!

ambigendrous
03-25-2020, 10:55 AM
But I still dress around the house, and love every minuet of it.

I prefer a nice waltz, myself... :D

foxy bartender
03-25-2020, 11:02 AM
For me, it’s my belly. I need to lose a few pounds to fit into some of my cuter outfits. But I think by far my biggest issue is my facial and body hair. If I don’t shave head to toe every single day, I don’t feel comfortable.

Cheryl T
03-25-2020, 11:06 AM
I had foot surgery a few years ago and can no longer wear the heels I love so much.
Just wish I could slip into a nice pair of 4" stilettos again and show off my long legs.

Stephanie47
03-25-2020, 11:32 AM
I'm 72. I don't hate my male body. I've gained a few pounds since my ideal military weight. The additional weight has been distributed evenly. My legs do have spider veins, but, nothing like varicose veins I've seen on others. Hosiery covers that up. My skin tone is nothing like in my youth. It's an odd situation as far as my arms go. I was caught in an explosion which engulfed my exposed skin. It wasn't too bad until later in life. The scar tissue does not tan so my skin has a mottled look now. The forearm hair hides its ugliness. The same happen with my face.

I just face this aging process with the thought I made it to 72. There is no guarantee for anyone else in my family making it to that age, is there? If my genetic code prevails and COVID-19 does not get me I should check out somewhere between 83 and 103. I should really have an aged grandma look then. Then, if I have some stubble above the lip I'll fit in with a lot of other aging GG's.

Yes, getting old may "suck" but what's the alternative.

Mentally I do not feel like an aged older woman. I sort of throw myself into the middle age category....pretty knee length dress and moderate high heels.

JenniferR771
03-25-2020, 02:02 PM
Well...you can always reduce wrinkles with face tape.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=face+tape

You can start with a couple rubber bands and Scotch tape. Just to learn.

And be sure to take advantage of the principle of distraction. Really beautiful hair helps to hide an aging face. Likewise a really great dress. And maybe really big earrings. Outrageous heels?

kimdl93
03-25-2020, 02:26 PM
As long as I look female I?m happy. Even if it?s ugly female.

I really have to go with Cynthia here. I have never been much for mirrors and photos. My pictures here are intended simply to prove I exist. But day in day out, I just want to express what I feel...not so I feel pretty.

JuliaGirl
03-25-2020, 02:38 PM
I like to dress but I'm not completely happy with my look, because ...

As a closeted dresser I have little time to watch and then apply lessons I glimpse about getting makeup right. I can't spend time watching videos let alone practicing because my SO could appear in my computer area at any time unannounced. I am getting better very very slowly, I am at least past clown face now, but the delicate intricacies of well done makeup elude me to this day.

Teresa
03-25-2020, 02:57 PM
Sherry ,
Personally it's why I can't do the MIAD thing . I see myself shaving but I don't really look until I've applied my makeup and then my hair (Wig) , then it all comes together , I'm happy and ready for the day .

I truthfully don't dwell on my age as Teresa because I'm playing catch up now and I don't know how long this window will be open to me , OK as far as the coronavirus is concerned I'm well into the high risk group , I guess it's more important if I can stay safe and well .

KatieTv
03-25-2020, 03:38 PM
Everything. Just everything. I'm a newbie who's been doing this many years and knows nothing. Spending a lot of time on google and youtube right now.

SaraLin
03-26-2020, 06:31 AM
I'd have to recite my list of "too's"

Too tall
Too heavy
Too big adam's apple
Too big hands
Too masculine looking face.
Too little up top
Too much down below
Too much need for "camouflage".
etc.
etc.
etc.

I can't say that I'm EVER satisfied with my results. I'm always too busy looking for (and finding) what's wrong, and not enjoying what I got right.
<sigh>

Krisi
03-26-2020, 10:13 AM
To me the solution is to not try and look like a young woman, but rather to look like one of the very attractive older women that are out there. Look around. There are some real beauties out there.

Yep, that's my thought. I try to dress and act like the sister I never had, who would probably be just a couple years older or younger than me.

caryn m
03-26-2020, 10:21 AM

And Gretchen you are succeeding admirably!!

Alice Torn
03-26-2020, 11:39 AM
Cheryl, A great pair of long legs, look good in low heels or flats, too, but high heels make em look even longer and shaplier. Mine are long too.

Pumped
03-26-2020, 11:44 AM
Well...you can always reduce wrinkles with face tape.

Face tape? Maybe duct tape might help and cover my whole head!:lol2:

Alice Torn
03-26-2020, 11:48 AM
Stephanie47, Thank you for all the hard service in horrible combat you went through in Nam. I am a vet, just after Nam, but never saw war. I am going on 66, but in pretty good shape physically, like ten yrs younger, but have been single all my life and no SO or wife, and i suffer mental and emotional disorders from mentally sick parents and toxic siblings, and heredity. Because of religion, and other issues, i still suffer guilt and shame for my proclivity to wear certain womens clothing and pretending to be one when dressed.

jacques
03-27-2020, 10:53 AM
hello,
I have a simple solution - I never look in the mirror (except my little mirror to do my make-up) !
luv J

Star01
03-27-2020, 11:09 AM
I'm approaching 70 and my wrinkles show it but my worst feature has always been my love handles. I wish I could figure out a way to lower them about 8" and then they would be a nice ass-et. Even when I was 40# lighter, walking a lot and exercising them they still stood out. But it is what it is, I'm just happy that I have come to terms with the feminine part of me.

Maid_Marion
03-27-2020, 12:17 PM
I always wanted to do bangs but I don't have enough left to do that with my own hair. Could be a lot worse though, as my long hair is still quite feminine for anyone in their 50s.

Marion

Jenny22
03-27-2020, 12:47 PM
What GrechenM said. That's my approach to my 85 yo face and features.

Glenda58
03-28-2020, 01:16 PM
At 72 I would just go out. No one really looks at your face if you dress nice.

suzanne
03-28-2020, 04:09 PM
I'm big, even for a man, bald and over 50. So I will never be called beautiful. HOWEVER, I have been given extremely good tutoring on how to put together an outfit that works with my shape to make me presentable and age appropriate. I now believe that a dress or a skirt outfit is absolutely my best look. And, inwardly, I feel 10x better than I look. To prove it, I have been told on several occasions that I do look beautiful, by random women who are not trying to sell me anything.

So, despite my lack of natural female physical attributes, I am happy with how I look while dressed. Of course, I would be even happier to look more like plus size model Ashley Graham, but I'll own what I have and hold my head high.

Robinsinclair
03-28-2020, 04:40 PM
Sherry,

I think that makes you like every other 70 year old woman in the world... None of us are happy with our aging faces...

R

April Rose
03-28-2020, 07:08 PM
I would be lovely to be younger and prettier, but reality is what it is. If it was that important to me I'd work harder.

docrobbysherry
03-29-2020, 12:27 PM
Sherry,
I think that makes you like every other 70 year old woman in the world... None of us are happy with our aging faces...
R

I would be lovely to be younger and prettier, but reality is what it is. If it was that important to me I'd work harder.

But, what makes me unlike every other 70 y/o old woman, Robin, is what April said! I refuse to settle for what nature gave me. I use every trick in the book and I'm willing to work very hard to appear young and pretty!:heehee:

Ressie
03-29-2020, 12:48 PM
Who's the hottie?^

Jenny22
03-29-2020, 06:20 PM
But, you ARE young at heart, Sherry!

docrobbysherry
03-30-2020, 07:21 PM
That's me, Ressie. Trying to dress Sherry's age. She's about 24 now. I'm 76.:eek:

And, that's what Jenny was referring to!:heehee:

Manna
03-31-2020, 12:44 AM
Hey Hottie....If you are confident and you love yourself and your dressing then nothing else matters

BTWimRobin
03-31-2020, 06:06 AM
Hi Sherry,

Your young at heart and that's all that matters.

I certainly love to dress. I hate that every time I take one step forward it's always followed by two steps back.

Sandi Beech
03-31-2020, 06:48 AM
Sherry, I know what you mean. I am about 10 years younger, but hate the aging process. I especially hate that I am getting droopy hooded eyelids. I actually went to see a doctor about a face lift but at 10k, it was just too much for me.

On the good side , your methods are obviously very effective. You had previously talked about being addicted to hanging out with young women. I can relate so much to that. It is so fun being one of the girls. If your methods work, go with it. Of course all that socializing is shut down now. Maybe we can get back to normalcy someday if we all survive this pandemic.

Sandi

Angela Marie
03-31-2020, 07:05 AM
I can definitely see the change over the past few years, especially in the face. At 65 i've managed to keep my shape but the face does take more work. To be fair the same thing happens to GG's so we are not alone. As for the aging process, i'll take that rather than the alternative.

docrobbysherry
03-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Hey Hottie....If you are confident and you love yourself and your dressing then nothing else matters
What a great mantra, Manna! I aspire to do/be that!:thumbsup:

Sherry, I know what you mean. I am about 10 years younger, but hate the aging process. I especially hate that I am getting droopy hooded eyelids. I actually went to see a doctor about a face lift but at 10k, it was just too much for me.

On the good side , your methods are obviously very effective. You had previously talked about being addicted to hanging out with young women. I can relate so much to that. It is so fun being one of the girls. If your methods work, go with it. Of course all that socializing is shut down now. Maybe we can get back to normalcy someday if we all survive this pandemic.
Sandi
I looked into cosmetic surgery, too, Sandi. But, decided the operations would be like lipstick on a pig. And, not worth the hassle and down time healing would take, in my case!:sad:

xEvelyn
03-31-2020, 09:57 PM
For me it would probably be my broad shoulders which can never be changed, and my voice which is still a very rough work in progress!

Facial bone structure is also a fair give away but I am slowly getting better at contouring in that respect