PDA

View Full Version : dress or skirt preferance

bobbie anne
03-29-2006, 10:17 AM
I am a skirt person, used to wear dresses but lately prefer a skirt. They are easier to get in and out of especially in a car. I have chickened out a couple of time and did the quick change in the parking lot. Pulled the pants on then down with the skirt. Works for me. What is you preferance.

Lawren
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
I actually prefer dresses because I have an annoying habit of continually adjusting skirts and blouses for comfort and appearance. However, skirts and blouses make for a more flexible wardrobe because there is the option to mix and match.

Gail Stauffer
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
either, I love a pretty dress, but also a pretty skirt, or skirtsuit when I find them!!

Kathycd
03-29-2006, 10:41 AM
I enjoy both, though admittedly I have 3, 3 piece skirt, blouse, jacket out fits that are mix and match, thus giving me more choices with fewer componets. All three are the same style.

hugs

kathy

Tina Dixon
03-29-2006, 10:45 AM
A dress just covers this body so much better, but still like skirts also.

krissysSecret
03-29-2006, 10:54 AM
I would have to admit that I am really about 50-50 on this one.For me, I have come to realize that it comes down to how I feel or the mood I am in.Not to be be mistaken for a moody person, but that usually dictates what I will wear most of the time. I also find that time of day weighs in on what I would select. i.e. dress vs skirt/blouse......anybody agree with that feeling?? I guess the best thought to this is to keep a well stocked closet and just enjoy our gift.
KristineDyan;)

Sophie_A
03-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Im a skirt person, I can never find a dress that is the right size. The top is either too tight and the bottom too lose, or the top is right and the bottom is too loose. And the height of the waist never seems to fit me :sad:

So skirts allow me to have clothes that fit :D

Bonnie D
03-29-2006, 11:24 AM
I used to just wear dresses because they were easier for a man to buy in a store. A man buying a dress for his wife or girlfriend is understandable but I don't think men buying skirts for them is.

Prior to visiting a bigger city (Toronto, Canada) than the one I live in, I checked the internet for any cd stores they might have. I found one and went to it after I finished with the reason I went to the city in the first place. I actually got to try on various items and bought a skirt and top that went well together and fit nicley. I have since been to another cd store in Toronto that has a better selection and bought another skirt. I have also now bought a few more skirts and tops on-line and love them. So I have been wearing skirts more often now than dresses.

Bonnie

Gretchen
03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I wear skirts and blouses or sweaters exclusively and have never purchased a dress. I would love to try one, but really have precious little place to safely store it and still avoid discovery. My storage spaces are limited and I choose to keep a relatively small wardrobe of skirts, tops and shoes. Maybe someday...
Love,
Gretchen

JoAnnDallas
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
I have both skirts and dresses. I have found that when getting into my SVU wearing a skirt is tough compared to a dress. I guess it is because the skirt is tighter, thus I can not move my legs as far. Otherwise, I enjoy both dresses and skirts. Skirts are more versatile since you can make different outfits by using a different top.

Deborah
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
I prefer skirts, but my first love is wearing a summer dress that my ex had, but never wore.

Aileen
03-29-2006, 02:30 PM
I prefer a nice tight dress. I don't crossdress to be practical.

Georgia
03-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Ilike to wear skirts. They just fit better. Plus I can wear all of my sweaters with them. I also like long tight fitting formal dresses

wendy
03-29-2006, 03:52 PM
that is tough choice, as I like both equally. If I had to choose, I would lean towards a skirt, I can mix and match the top, plus if it is a suit/skirt it gives a more professional/business type look.:D :D

TGMarla
03-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Well, I like them both. Who wouldn't? Each has its advantages. But I like dresses more. I don't know, there's just something about them that captures me. Nothing else is quite like a pretty dress.

Jasmine Ellis
03-29-2006, 04:07 PM
I do have 2 dresses, But it's the skirts that I love to wear more of.

eleventhdr
03-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Both skirts and dresses are both nice depending on how and what the circumstaces might be to be able to wear them at all. The real problem is not being able to wear them at all or very litttle of the time really. And for me this is the problem. I really do want to wera them and surely would a lot more of the time but circumstances in my personal life prevent this. Just like wanting to really be or live as female is prevented for me currently but under diffferent circumstances it would be otherwise.

Jay!: Suzy!: Oh and by the way this is why i really do want the current revelution to succed so that we male's can dress as wwe realy do and should be allowed to dress and this is in skirt's and dresses for us just as well!.

Janelle Young
03-29-2006, 04:35 PM
I like them both and have some of each. For me it depends on the mood of the day, some days it is a dress and some days it is a skirt. I think over all though I am a skirt girl more than a dress girl. I think I fill out a skirt better than I do a dress.

randi_789
03-29-2006, 04:38 PM
I have three skirts but no dresses. :-(

Lindahexi
03-29-2006, 04:50 PM
I love dresses but skirts and tops are more suitable for every day wear.

Ashleigh
03-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Skirts. I do have one dress, but with my height, it is difficult to find a dress that fits properly.

Butterfly Bill
03-29-2006, 06:56 PM
I heartily dislike having anything tight around my waist. An old girlfriend once said to me when explaining why she didn't like to wear a bra, "imagine having this tight constricting band around your chest all the time."

I have the same feeling about belts and elastic waistbands. When buying things that have to have a waistband, like Cuddl-Duds or half slips, I'm downright squeamish about getting just the right tension so it will be as loose as posible while still keeping it up when I walk.

I only have two skirts, that are thick and ankle length for wintry days. And I have some elastic waist jeans and sweat pants for dirty work. Everything else I have hangs from my shoulders.

deana cd
03-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Definitely skirts for me. They just seem to fit me better than most dresses, plus I can accessorise them depending on the occassion.

tori-e
03-29-2006, 07:27 PM
You didn't leave any place for a third option.

I don't have even one dress. :eek: A few skirts and lots of girl jeans. Mostly I wear jeans. (all gasping!) I also wear girl jeans out en-drab. But spring is coming up! Hmmm I think I might need some shoes for those skirts!:D

Do I have to leave the forum now???;)

Tori

Joy Carter
03-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Well one thing that I have leaned is that tall women should stay away from dresses because they exsentuate the longer torso and so do long sleeves, separates are the way to go but if I was going to a fancy ball type situation I'd wear a dress. Dresses are much more feminine though.

SherriePall
03-29-2006, 07:48 PM
I love a pretty dress and own several, but for sheer numbers my skirts win legs down.

Clare
03-29-2006, 07:57 PM
It has to be both!

I love business wear, partculary skirt/dress/jacket suits. I would almost wear them everyday if I could!

However, for casual comfort, you can't beat a good skirt and top!

But mostly, I prefer quality dresses.

Amanda
03-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Skirts and pleated skirts at that. I love dresses but its much harder to get them to fit. Also a size 12 or 14 skirt will fit me whereas I need an 18 in a dress.

ReginaK
03-29-2006, 10:43 PM
I like skirts better. Dresses just don't flatter my figure.

jillinla
03-29-2006, 10:46 PM
YEs
Shoulder are atrouble spot

Diannna
03-29-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm basically a skirt girl. Although I do like dresses. In a skirt I wear a size 16. But in a dress, I have to buy a size 20/22 depending on the cut and manufacturer, then take in the skirted part a couple inches. Damned broad shoulders.

Denise01
03-29-2006, 10:51 PM
I am a skirt person, but still looking for a nice dress or 2

I have more skirts now than I do mens slacks, it just seems when I see one i like and it is on sale, can't resist a bargian. I also have a couple of nice skirt suits, that fit me very well
I find skirts fit better, and as well it is easier to mix and match tops, so you can really expand your wardrobel

Denise

DawnLabelle
03-29-2006, 10:54 PM
I used to only be into dresses, tighter the better, and still enjoy them from time to time, but as the sexual component decreases from my dressing I find myself focusing more on nice tops (women's tanks are SOOO comfy!) and flowy skirts, feels so nice now that I'm shaving my legs :D

My heel's are lowering in height as well, thinking more for comfort these days, love wedge's!.... but I digress

Dawn

DawnLabelle
03-29-2006, 10:56 PM
YEs
Shoulder are atrouble spot

Do what my GG friends who have broad shoulders do, wear a halter neck dress, looks great on wider shoulders and helps give the illusion of curves.

Dawn

Angela Burke
03-30-2006, 12:40 AM
Skirts.
I don't have many dresses, but I've a wardrobe full of skirts.
I love skirts.

crusadergirl
03-30-2006, 01:20 AM
For me i have always liked skirts i love wearing them just not everyday I have two dresses one fits and the other is to small but i like both if i had to pick it would be a skirt i just have a hard time finding one that matches with it.Blaze

nicki
03-30-2006, 03:33 AM
I go more for skirts than dresses. Ive had a few dresses and i like them.. but always seem to feel much better in skirts. Of cousre a lil snug and short

Helen MC
03-30-2006, 04:04 AM
I prefer skirts, Pleated or A Line, usually knee length and in dark colours or tartan (plaid).

GypsyKaren
03-30-2006, 06:17 AM
It's skirts for me. I have trouble finding dresses that fit my shoulders, a left-over from my weight lifting days. Lately I've gone to wearing jeans and such when I go out, I guess I'm just getting over the "must show my legs" phase that I think a lot of us who go out go through for awhile.

Karen

annekathleen
03-30-2006, 06:30 AM
Dresses and skirts are so easy to pull up and make myself available to my lover. Pantyhose can create a problem. They can either pull down my panties or pull them aside to have their way with me. ( Oh, oh, Anne is in one of her moods again, ) I love dresses and skirts over a nice pair of pantyhose with a nice high heel.

Toni
03-30-2006, 06:31 AM
If by some stroke of good fortune I manage to find a dress that fits round me bum and me bust the damn things probably tweve inches too long. So I go for skirts and blouses.

Sherrie
03-30-2006, 06:33 AM
I like both, but I do prefer skirts. Mostly because of the flexability between what skirt and what blouse I want to wear. I have over 25 skirts and blouses so makes for alot of variation in my wardrobe.

sweeting
03-30-2006, 07:26 AM
i like to wear both skirts and dresses full slip with a dress 1/2 slip with a skirta skirt and topgives you more viarity a dress gives you more freedom i also like dress suits and gowns laurie

DebbieThomas
03-30-2006, 08:08 AM
I'll say what my wife says everytime I buy a new skirt "damn another one dont you think the 150 you all ready have is enough?" more like 175 but I dont show her everything I buy :D dresses are hard to buy for me, Im a 12 up top and a 0/2 bottom so most dresses look a tent on me. I do own 25 or so dresses most are form fitting.

alysonatl
03-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Though I love wearing both skirts and dresses, when I want to feel especially frminine and girly, it's always a dress. I have a delicious black cocktail dress that looks very sexy that I wear with off black hose and a pairm of 3" heels that helps me forget that I'm anybody but Aly.

maid phylis
03-30-2006, 12:52 PM
:D i enjoy wearing both skirts and dresses,i am lucky as i am a small girl and i can wear either very comfortably .love phylisanne

Sally Gray
03-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I have both dresses and skirts. As few of you have already said it's getting the dress to look natural on you, I suffer from this.

If I want the appearance of a dress then I go for a matching top and skirt, so I can mix and match the sizes. It looks so much better on me and as a consequence I feel much better!

Meag
03-30-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm a skirt girl, hard to find a dress to fit.

Meag

Lauren Mitchell
03-30-2006, 02:23 PM
I love skirts. You can mix and match your wardrobe in an instant.:o

Sara_Marie
03-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Skirts are my favorite. I love a tight sweater and a skirt. Or a white blouse with a tight black skirt. The feel on the nylons is great.
:cheeky: :cheeky:

Bernice
03-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I actually prefer dresses because I have an annoying habit of continually adjusting skirts and blouses for comfort and appearance. However, skirts and blouses make for a more flexible wardrobe because there is the option to mix and match.

I know, I'm plagarizing the second post in this thread. But she speaks so well for me.

In addition, when shopping thrift/garage sales, I seem to find more dresses that will fit my plus size than I do skirts. A skirt, unless it has a very elastic waist with suitable fabric, will only fit a narrow weight range, whereas a dress may fit me well enough across a weight range of as much as 50 pounds. Also, I have trouble finding blouses long enough to reach my waistline. I am not young enough to bare my oversize midrif, thank you!

Skirts are much easier to make from scratch. I hate cutting and stiching princess seams, but I love the look. I'm ham-fisted with sleeves. I'd rather stitch-down a couple dozen pleats in a skirt, where at least the seams are straight!

So, dresses win, but only by a modest margin.

Hugs,

Bernice

Tina P Hose
03-30-2006, 09:05 PM
I really love skirts, but my with male belly I have to go with a dress. With a skirt the back zipper seems to give. A short dress is my preference, but I would love to wear more mini skirts. Maybe I should wtach my diet:o

gretafemme
03-30-2006, 10:44 PM
I own about 10 dresses to each skirt. I adore the feeling and complete feminine feelings I get in a dress. My fave!

Elizabeth Anne
03-31-2006, 05:13 PM

I have tried on dresses alot & actually have a couple but I perfer "seperates". It gives you a large wardrobe with far less money invested. (mix & match as my wife says also)

Beth