PDA

View Full Version : Large facial features

Kaylee Ann
03-29-2006, 11:21 AM
You know... "passing" is a tricky thing, and hard to define the line of what would stop a person -from- passing.
Think about it...
I can look at my nose and think, 'It's too big... definitely a guy's nose. I'd never pass, even with hormones and SRS."
Or, -would- I?
A big nose certainly doesn't stop, say Celine Dion or Christina Aguilera, from looking like the genetic women that they are.
A square, strong jaw? Linda Hamilton has one, and she's a very beautiful woman.
I'm not making my point well...
I think what I'm trying to say is... you can have larger features or even -strong- features, yet still be perceived as 'womanly'... well, in my opinion, again...
* Linda Hamilton- Beautiful
* Christina Aguilera- Pretty, exotic
* Celine Dion- Depends... sometimes, she's quite pretty, maybe not -beautiful-, but definitely pretty

I guess for passing, it's certainly more than the actual facial features, like so much else has to fall into place as well?

Babbling LoL

Kaylee Girl

kaitlin
03-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Hey Girls, I understand the large facial features, but I have spent alot of time playing with my makeup, washing and doing it again and again until the "manly" look was gone. If you want something bad enough you will find a way to make it work. Shave close, use GOOD makeup, and enjoy your transition. Luvs Kaitlin

Lisa Scott
03-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi girls,
I would deffinately have to agree, that larger or stronger facial features are not what stops us from passing succesfully. A few examples makes this clear...

Sandra Bullock - strong jaw, larger nose etc....but many would say very attractive and deffinately female...

Sigourney Weaver - many very masculine facial features such as brow bossing, deep set eyes, strong jawline...but even in Alien with a shaved head, was still deffinately feminine (although not sure about attractive, but thats personal preference)

On the other hand a few guys that have feminine features but are still undeniably male...
Leonardo DiCaprio has a very feminine face shape, soft jawline...

Johnny Depp again has some very female features, but is deffinately a bloke.

I think the real trick is balance, and allowing the eye to see what it wants to see....

Christina may have a larger nose, but has a very feminine face otherwise, her features are typically small, and she is 5'1 so a slightly larger nose isnt an issue.

Celine has a very feminine face shape, so again the nose doesnt detract from that.

From my experience I would say there are many elements to passing and its not all about the face...

My belief is that there is a mental points scoring that we learn growing up. points for male attributes and points for female ones....your brian very quickly tots these up when you see someone based on overall appearance, dress, facial features, and posture, and you then decide either male or female...

Learning to pass is more about acquiring more female attributes in your favour than male ones...

Facial Feminisation Surgery (FFS) for example, wont give you a female chin, or jawline, or forehead, or eye orbit....but it will take what appears masculine today, and soften it so its no longer adding points to your overall male score.

Few people would want to go as far as surgery to pass, but other attributes could include dressing your age, wearing less makeup, a good wig unless you have your own hair, and good confident but feminine posture.

I hope I dont offend anyone, the above is just my opinion..

Lisa x

MarinaTwelve200
03-29-2006, 07:43 PM
My nose is sorta big too, but I like it, I feel it gives my face character. Lotsa women have big noses that often elevate their appearence from "Cute" to beautiful. Take a look at "Troi" on Star Trek, for example she would look like a baby with those big eyes and small mouth, if it were not for her large nose.

rachealgirl
03-29-2006, 08:28 PM
I feel gives it away everytime, just look at my pics in my posts, Ilook like a action hereo in drag!

linnea
03-29-2006, 08:43 PM
I think that Lisa has made some very good points. I am a BIG man, really big boned and taller than average, so I have tried a lot of things to improve my feminine image. The efforts that have made the most difference to my own eye are such things as dressing my age, using good makeup (and practicing to perfect how I use it), and investing in good wigs (I wish that I could rely on my own hair!).
I think that feminine posture and a confident air help a great deal too. Both can come with practice and experience.

Hi girls,
I would deffinately have to agree, that larger or stronger facial features are not what stops us from passing succesfully. A few examples makes this clear...

Sandra Bullock - strong jaw, larger nose etc....but many would say very attractive and deffinately female...

Sigourney Weaver - many very masculine facial features such as brow bossing, deep set eyes, strong jawline...but even in Alien with a shaved head, was still deffinately feminine (although not sure about attractive, but thats personal preference)

On the other hand a few guys that have feminine features but are still undeniably male...
Leonardo DiCaprio has a very feminine face shape, soft jawline...

Johnny Depp again has some very female features, but is deffinately a bloke.

I think the real trick is balance, and allowing the eye to see what it wants to see....

Christina may have a larger nose, but has a very feminine face otherwise, her features are typically small, and she is 5'1 so a slightly larger nose isnt an issue.

Celine has a very feminine face shape, so again the nose doesnt detract from that.

From my experience I would say there are many elements to passing and its not all about the face...

My belief is that there is a mental points scoring that we learn growing up. points for male attributes and points for female ones....your brian very quickly tots these up when you see someone based on overall appearance, dress, facial features, and posture, and you then decide either male or female...

Learning to pass is more about acquiring more female attributes in your favour than male ones...

Facial Feminisation Surgery (FFS) for example, wont give you a female chin, or jawline, or forehead, or eye orbit....but it will take what appears masculine today, and soften it so its no longer adding points to your overall male score.

Few people would want to go as far as surgery to pass, but other attributes could include dressing your age, wearing less makeup, a good wig unless you have your own hair, and good confident but feminine posture.

I hope I dont offend anyone, the above is just my opinion..

Lisa x

Joy Carter
03-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Does anyone have a roadmap that I sould be taking towards this feminine look I'm after books, web sight or advice ?

Thanks

Marlena Dahlstrom
03-30-2006, 01:57 AM
To be honest, blending has more to do with attitude (assuming you're reasonably presentable). I'm a big guy, big boned with an all-too-prominent browline. It's true that I've seen GGs my size as well as those with "masculine" faces, but I've got no illusions that in up-close interaction I'm mistaken for a GG.

But I've been out a lot and dealt with people and never really had any problems. Why? Because I act like I deserve (and am deserving of) respect. My experience is people are willing to treat me as if I were a GG.

Of course it also helps to do some work on feminine movement. I've seen CDs who clump along like guys in dresses.

Lilith Moon
03-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Of course it also helps to do some work on feminine movement. I've seen CDs who clump along like guys in dresses.

And some GGs. There's one sitting a few feet from me right now who hates being video'd because she looks so clumpy. :D

jo_ann
03-30-2006, 08:14 PM
I have a big nose, and I have two words for you..
Barbra Streisand

don't really like her, but she's a perfect example.. and what about bette midler? I still need practice, thought about buying a "makeup video" to teach me what girls inherintly figure out with years of practice. I think most crossdressers are equivalent to a 14 year old girl in experience. sometimes I wish I could just go backstage at some female impersonator show and watch them get ready.

HaleyPink2000
03-30-2006, 08:26 PM
I think how you tend to carry yourself, tends to be a way people read weather your a Male or a Female. I tend to not try worring about it. I try only to pass as a femme person. If you don't like my hair , sorry. Many Women have hair we don't or might not tend to like. Or If My makeup is nicer than most womens, sorry. It's my look not theirs. If I tend to dress better than most Women do, sorry, again it's my look. Actually I tend to buy as nice a clothing as I can afford. Also I buy nice wigs that are not $200 each but in my price range. Maybe $40 to $75. I did buy one that was $250 and found out later that the woman takes advantage of CD people in her high end shop. Don't go there any more.

Here is my look right now while on the forum. Hope it passes your test. :)