PDA

View Full Version : Funny thoughts while building garden shed...

MaryAnn1963
04-13-2020, 11:48 AM
Ok, yesterday was sort of nice out early on & I was making the most of the good weather by putting the finishing touches on the siding of a garden shed I've been building. As I was working I kept getting lost in thought about a new pink dress I purchased on ebay last week, thinking how it will look, how I would accessorize it, which shoes would look best etc. After I had the picture vividly clear in my mind I snapped back to reality and looked down at myself... Work boots, carpenter pants, tool belt with pouch hammer & tape measure, flannel shirt and canvas vest. Then I just started laughing at how very different the picture was in my mind from how I actually looked at that time.:D

kimdl93
04-13-2020, 11:58 AM
Add a bra and some forms, maybe a little eye shadow, liner and lipstick and you?re carpentering pretty :)

Teresa
04-13-2020, 01:05 PM
MaryAnn,
It is possible to combine the two , I kept making excuses now I have Dickies women's overalls piped in red and femme workboots , I also keep my old wig for the hot , dirty jobs .

I was asked by a GG friend to put her plaster coving up in her bathroom , she told me a friend from work would be calling so she did have a surprise when I appeared in workwear , makeup and wig . Her next door neighbour stopped me and asked to quote to put up all his plaster coving , it made my day .

RADER
04-13-2020, 07:56 PM
During this "Shut In", I am building a model train layout in my Basement.
I am wearing a Jean skirt, Pole (fem) Top, Bra and panties and a Spandex
girdle for support. Enjoying every minuet of it.
Rader

docrobbysherry
04-13-2020, 08:06 PM
Maybe I don't get it? My guess is u would look a whole lot different in guy mode a suit and tie for a wedding or big event, too. :daydreaming:

So, was it the work outfit or the male/female contrast? Next time u work on a project, wear a wig, shaping gear, bra and forms, an old dress or women's jeans. See how that contrasts with the pink dress in your mind?:battingeyelashes:

Krisi
04-14-2020, 11:24 AM
Years ago I worked with some female trades people. Of course, if you're working in the trades, you have to dress appropriately. No pink dresses for those women, work shirts and jeans or work pants. No fancy nails or hairdos, no high heels.

A couple of them cleaned up nice but most did not.