PDA

View Full Version : How many years

susanmichelle
04-22-2020, 08:32 AM
I guess due to coronavirus some of us think up strange things meaning me I suppose, guess cabin fever is setting in too. We also know when most of us when we started dressing. Well when you figure exactly how many years it gives me a different outlook. Geez it?s been for me as of 2020. Thirty eight years (38). To me i guess it like age and creeps up on you really fast. Just a different outlook on it. How about yours in physical years.

michellecd9999
04-22-2020, 09:26 AM
No one wants to admit to how many years, at it gives our age away. Let's just say I have been through several fashion trends and I love most of them. A few I look at and go UGH who the heck through that was attractive?

Michelle

Patience
04-22-2020, 09:27 AM
Two, going on three...after a thirty year hiatus. It never went away.

Krisi
04-22-2020, 09:28 AM
I didn't just wake up one morning and decide to become a crossdresser and order a full set of items, I slowly slid into it over many years. It was mostly just a bra and padding until a few years ago when I came out to my wife and bought the forms, butt, wig, and clothes.

So, it's hard to put a number on it.

April Rose
04-22-2020, 09:30 AM
It's hard to remember exactly, because I was so young. I would say approximately 62-65 years. It is sobering to think that gender identity has been one of the principal themes of my entire life. It has probably played some part in every major decision or life choice I have ever made. Certainly, my deepest personal relationships bear the stamp of it. I know it has affected my job choices as well.

Shirley Anne
04-22-2020, 09:31 AM
I've been full dressing with make up, wigs and forms for about 16 years but dabbled for over 40 years

missjoann49
04-22-2020, 09:53 AM
If I go all the way back to when my mother started dressing me at the age of 3...well lets just say a very very long time

Alice Torn
04-22-2020, 10:19 AM
53 years off and on, but fully dressed for 15 yrs , but only a few times a month.

docrobbysherry
04-22-2020, 11:20 AM
I didn't even THINK ABOUT DRESSING until I was in my 50's! That was about 25 years ago!:heehee:

NancySue
04-22-2020, 11:38 AM
My first experience, with nylons, occurred many years ago. I?ve lost count.

Stephanie47
04-22-2020, 11:44 AM
I'm 72 years old. I can remember doing somethings involving female clothing at an early age, but, at that time I did not equate those events to cross dressing. My grandparents moved from the Bronx to upstate New York when I was twelve. That gives me some frame of reference for the time period I had donned some of my mother's clothing. When I went to my grandparents home in the Bronx sometimes there was absolutely nothing to do. No children's books. No toys. Nothing to watch on television. Almost had to sit with hands folded on my lap. Oh, grandpa did have a workshop in the daylight basement where he and I did make boats that always sunk in a lake, but, that was not the boring times. I had discovered one of my mother's jumpers in a draw which I tried on out of boredom. My parents told me to take it off. At home I discovered I liked the feel of my mother's nylon slips and nightgowns. I felt no kinship to womanhood. I just liked the feel of the fabric. Nylon was unlike any of my boy clothes.

When puberty set in then things started to happen. I have no idea why I was drawn to wearing all of my mother's clothes; bra, panty (yuck style wise), slip, stockings and a summer dress. I felt revulsion. There was self loathing. I often think about those feelings. If I just wore the clothes as a lark, I think I would not have had those negative feelings. I was being drawn to something that was counter culture. Something society did not approve of. Why would a teenage boy who lusted after girls and movie starlets act in this manner? Very confusing.

That's when I would affirm there was something more than "goofing around" in women's clothing out of total boredom. So, I'd say this journey has been several years shy of sixty years. During this journey there were time periods when I actually had zero interest in emulating a woman to satisfy some inner need.

Devi SM
04-22-2020, 01:01 PM
I'm 60 years old and what I used to think was around 38 years but then going to therapy I realized, or remember that my first times was before being 9 years old, so you count the years, 52 years without know I was a transgender and fighting with feelings of guilt, gender dysphoria...

Devi

Laura28
04-22-2020, 01:38 PM
I have been dressing in some form from as long as I can remember, I would say I was about 8 to 10 age range. Over the years the urge came and went. In the past 15 years the urge is constant. I also started taking it further with make up wig forms jewelry shoes etc.... I am finally comfortable being who I am. I just started HRT last week and very excited as where this will go. But to answer the question if I use the 10yr old as the mark it would be 52 years

MsEva
04-22-2020, 02:21 PM
A very long time since I first had the inclination. I was always so fascinated with crossdressing. In third grade I saw a younger student dressed all the way with blonde wig in school for Halloween. I couldn't take my eyes off this kid. My Mom wanted to dress me en femme when I didn't have a proper costume for Halloween. I was incensed that she suggested that. I bet she never knew how close to home that hit. The first inkling I had was when I was about 5 or so. My brother served in Vietnam. He brought back a Vietnamese doll, sort of an Asian barbie. She would be the spy with my G I Joe. I sort of more identified with her than Joe. I didn't really have access to a lot of female clothing. I had three brothers. I think I messed with my mom's girdle and slip a few times but it wasn't what I was looking for. As a teen I painted my old track shoes gold. My parents found them, and I said it was for a "trophy" for my friend as he was a really fast runner. Later I found a few pairs of patent go go boots that I could fit in and I was in heaven. A bit later I found a treasure of two Merry Widow corsolettes in the attic left by the previous owners. I tried them on and I was hooked. I have been dressing for many many years. I have gone through fetish look to a more house frau look, but still love to get all dolled up even now.

kimdl93
04-22-2020, 02:42 PM
For me it goes back to preschool years...more than 60 years ago.

Angela Marie
04-22-2020, 04:11 PM
I was about 7 when I first tried on my mothers tights (what we call leggings today). Almost 60 years later I?m still lounging around in them.

TamaraD
04-22-2020, 04:26 PM
Only my hairdresser knows for sure.

JuliaGirl
04-22-2020, 04:52 PM
Hmmm ... 44? 45 years now?

Pumped
04-22-2020, 05:47 PM
60 years old and dressing on and off for 55? years. I can't nail down the first time, but I know I was very young.

Glenda58
04-22-2020, 07:05 PM
About 69 years since the first dress and panties were put on me by my neighbor girl for a tea party. Never looked back

LIKETODRESS2
04-22-2020, 07:16 PM
36 yeara for me

Lana Mae
04-22-2020, 07:54 PM
Just panties from about 6 yo to 40+ off and on! Joyous discovery and full dressing to HRT and name change-only about 5 years! So a grand total of 63 years! Hugs Lana Mae

CarlaWestin
04-22-2020, 07:55 PM
So scandalous sneaking out of the house late at night wearing moms bra stuffed with socks under my jean jacket.
But at 11, I already knew I was born to have adventure.
I'll be 65 at the end of the year.

HelpMe,Rhonda
04-22-2020, 08:48 PM
My age minus a very small number

evadan
04-22-2020, 08:54 PM
45 years and counting!

susanmichelle
04-22-2020, 09:05 PM
Wow never would have imagined, I feel like the youngster here. But that?s why
I watch read and learn from the more experienced dressers here. Wasn?t meant to make anyone feel old cause I?m no spring chicken being 68 in about 3 more months guess I just started later than Mose was 1982 when I started dressing never crossed my mind before that time period. I?ve always said age ain?t nothing but a thing. Live for today and live the best we all can so long as we?re happy. One of my counselor?s told me more than once to just learn to live with it. He said there wasn?t any rime or reason to fret over it just go with the flow so we don?t end up losing our minds worrying about it all the time.

Star01
04-22-2020, 09:12 PM
It would be 55 going on 56 years since I stumbled across my late step-mother's clothes in the attic. Stockings, garters, slips, I tried them all when I'd be the first one home. That started the whole thing out and it's been a long road since. I haven't been able to dress very often, probably ever two or three months on average, and the shelter in place has stopped me in my tracks aside from wearing panties and personal grooming.

chelyann
04-22-2020, 10:49 PM
over 50 years , started hrt a 1 1/2 years ago

DianneM
04-23-2020, 02:08 AM
Started with sisters swimwear 40 years ago. Only fully started exploring 10 years ago and came out to wife 4 years ago

DonnaJ
04-23-2020, 02:47 AM
My age minus a very small number

+1. Trying on pantyhose is one of my earliest memories. It may have been as early as 3 yrs. old - looking back at pictures, I know some of my earliest memories of are my 3rd birthday.

BaliGirl
04-23-2020, 03:43 AM
It has been 15 years since I restarted cross-dressing. I did it as a teen, but stopped when I went off to college. I thought I put it all behind me, but the desire never went away. When going clothing shopping, I would try to resist strolling past the lingerie department just to look at all the beautiful bras. Now I just open a drawer to see lovely lingerie!

Kay J
04-23-2020, 05:22 AM
Well i started with mom nylons and obg or garter belt at 6 or 7 then fully dress with out wig or make up at the age of 12 or 13 never did leave dressing but after the kids left the house in 2000 i started to get a wig and make up. Did a lot of under dressing out and about but the wife said no going out fully dress! So i am 70 now started 64years ago and still loving it!

Sometimes Steffi
04-23-2020, 06:02 AM
I started dressing at least 55 years ago. I can date it by one specific (non-crossdressing) event. I may have been thinking about it even earlier.

It was mostly lingerie crossdressing, until I saw a crossdresser who almost passed, who was very pretty. That's when I first realized that there might be a chance for me to dress and look pretty also.

alwayshave
04-23-2020, 06:13 AM
Started dressing at 4 or 5, so 54/55 years.

BTWimRobin
04-23-2020, 06:19 AM
Let's see. I've had the desire since I was around 11 or 12. Fourtyfive years later I finally started dressing. Almost a year later and a much happier person.

Connie D50
04-23-2020, 07:00 AM
For me 43 years I have taken it to the full presentation Wig, make up and shape way. Another 14 years stealing Panties and and chance to try on mom or sister cloths. Total 57 years. I'm old :)

Elizabeth G
04-23-2020, 08:01 AM
It's been about 44 years for me.

Karen RHT
04-23-2020, 08:12 AM
Started by dressing fully for Halloween at age 11. I'm currently 72 so just over 60 years.

Karen

jacques
04-23-2020, 08:32 AM
hello Susan,
my earliest memory of dressing is from the age of 8 or 9. Like many here it has evolved since then and it is still developing.
luv J

ShelbyDawn
04-23-2020, 08:51 AM
I was five or six when I slipped on my first slip, it would be a few years before I discovered my sister's panties, I'll be 63 this year.

I do believe it interesting evidence that we are born this way that so many of us that have responded to this thread, started before it had a chance to be sexual.

Kandi Robbins
04-23-2020, 03:42 PM
I'm almost 59. So let's see........about 55 years.

I don't have the patience to read through all of the replies, but I'll bet most of them trace back to a very early age for each and every one of us.

The more I participate in forums like this, the more I realize many of us have strikingly similar stories.

Unlike the coronavirus, which will we will eventually defeat (although it may take a while), CDing cannot be defeated. It's with us forever.

Stephanie58
04-23-2020, 07:26 PM
It is a little difficult for me to be exact on when I started as I was sent to a boys boarding school at the age of 6, however I am sure I was less than 10 when my interest started.

I then totally hid, never telling anyone, for nearly 70 years before being outed to my immediate family.
Since then I have been able to dress at home on a regular basis but still am not out in public.

I turned 80 this year and am really struggling at the thought of dying having spent ALL my life hiding this part of me, with the resultant shame, fear, and having to lie. So I am now seriously considering out myself in my community, but, being unable to drive due to failing eyesight and living in a retirement village, this is extremely daunting at my age.

So my advice to all is “do not leave it too late to come out”

Vicky_Scot
04-25-2020, 10:39 AM
40 years for me. X x x

BobbiKay
04-25-2020, 11:05 AM
I started trying on my mom's things as a teen, so... 50 to 55 years ago? I borrowed my (now) ex's things in my 30s, but didn't start acquiring my own clothes until the past couple of years.

brit_cd
04-25-2020, 06:33 PM
I think I was around 11. A relative was storing stuff at our house andni found some tights. Taken another 30 plus years to benok with it. Notnout to anyone butni used to get ashamed and purfe my stuff. Now there is no way i would get rid of all my stuff. Being able to go online and see so manynothers doing the same makes me feel alot more normal for sure.

Celee
04-25-2020, 10:51 PM
I was in elementary school about 8 or 9 years old. My mom would leave her panties in a basket in the bathroom along with other dirty clothes. I would take them to my room and put them on. I was too young for it to be sexual but I knew it felt right for me to wear them. As I got older the panties progessed to a bra and then dresses etc. I?m pretty sure my mom knew that I was in her drawers because I never put anything back where it belonged but she never said anything.

Megan b
04-25-2020, 11:25 PM
I tried on my first pair of pantyhose at age 12/13. So I'm going to say I've been on the path of crossdressing for 40 years.

JoannaCD
04-27-2020, 12:37 AM
I'm 80 and it was just a shoe thing from about age 10 . Satin pajamas entered th picture after I married (that's a story in itself) and the shoes continued. My wife died 17 years ago and I eventually adopted an almost everyday wearing of women's panties, skinny stretch jeans, all types of shoes and boots, turtlenecks etc. I don't try to present as a woman because I can't but you get the idea. That doesn't keep me from doing the whole dress up thing at home once in awhile. The shelter in place has that risk free. Anyway, it been about 70 years off and on.

Diane Smith
04-27-2020, 02:24 AM
My mom got me hooked on nail polish and lipstick when I was about 2-1/2 and would hang around her dressing table while she was doing her makeup. By age 5 I was taking a strong interest in her girdles, stockings and heels (although nothing fit then, and I had almost no opportunities to actually indulge my obsessions). Since I'm 63 now, let's call it 60 years, for a round number.

- Diane

Georgina
04-27-2020, 03:16 AM
I started around 60 years ago. For the first 10 years I wore only lingerie, then I gave in and added the outer clothes as well. I now spend around half of the week dressed and totally love it still.

dominique
04-27-2020, 03:41 AM
Let me think, must be about 40 years. But within that time period there has been peaks and troughs. But it's been wonderful.

Lacey New
04-27-2020, 06:57 AM
Not really sure exactly when I started to consider myself as a cross dresser but it have been about 5 decades now since I have been enjoying wearing women?s panties (and occasionally more)

penny lace
04-27-2020, 07:34 AM
Like most of you my dressing started at an early age so it must be close to 50 years.
Several stages of denial or self hate for how I feel but now at 57 I accept who I am and even admitted to my long suspicious wife.

Cheryl T
04-27-2020, 09:54 AM
Gee do I really want to admit to this??
I began at age 5 or so. That makes it 65 years for me.
Yeah I know my age listed here doesn't match. That's something I have to adjust now that I'm actually living this life and not dreaming about it.

pam1962
04-27-2020, 12:12 PM
Would be about 47 years for me...

ShelbyDawn
04-27-2020, 01:15 PM
Earliest memories go back the 5 or 6, Off and on ever since to some degree, fairly extensively for the past 10 years. All tolled, would be a bit over 50 years.

JennniferMcC
04-27-2020, 01:59 PM
Started around age 5 with a pair of tights...45 years now. Yikes!

Vicky Peters
04-29-2020, 11:40 AM
As a kid, I use to sta at my aunt's on the weekends, found her corsets and bras. That was 60 years ago.

SaraLin
04-30-2020, 05:17 AM
as far back as I can remember. So, 60+ years.

cdkateinboston
04-30-2020, 11:21 PM
I was just talking to my girlfriend about this. My first memory of crossdressing was putting on my mothers pantyhose when I was 5. I got into her clothes in the basement when I was 12 and found a dress I really loved of hers. It disappeared at one point which means she must have found that I was wearing it, but being 35 now, I have dressed for 22 years or so

JennasPanties
04-30-2020, 11:34 PM
Similar age for me Katie. Except for me it was my neighbors panty drawer. I would walk their dog when they were away and found myself in her panties at around age 12.