PDA

View Full Version : Shapewear sizing

FrillyKnickers
03-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Rago 9357 Open Bottom Body Briefer (Size 40C), it is fabulous. However, I don't know if I have bought the right size (40C is my usual size!) - how tight is too tight? The item is a Firm Control item. It feels tight when wearing (not really uncomfortable!), and can be fairly awkward to squeeze into, but not wearing firm control garments before I don't know what to expect. Do I need a size 42+ ?

Can someone please provide me with some advice?

Thanks.

wendy
03-29-2006, 03:49 PM
for me, shapewear/body briefers should be snug when worn but it shouldn't be that awkward or tight when you put it on.

I have a Cupid (sorry I don't have the model number) unitard and I know it is too small, it is a 38C and when i put it on I really have to struggle with it. On the other hand, I have a few body shapers from Cupid and one from playtex, size 40-42C, and I find the 42 slips on very easily while the 40 is abit snug but not too bad when putting it on.

I'd try the 42, sounds like the 40 maybe abit tight.:happy:

FrillyKnickers
03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks Wendy, I think I will order a 42 anyway as it is so wonderful.

I do wear a lot of Bodies and Basques in a size 40, but these are mainly light control garments.

How should a firm control compared to a light control body briefer feel? Should they feel a lot tighter? I have heard it should feel like a 'gentle hug', is this correct?

Felicity
03-29-2006, 05:44 PM
I have tried several different types of shapewear and I am not happy with any of them. Remember, a they are made for a female torso. Us men have bigger chests and smaller hips than genetic females. This is were someday, some entrepreneur, will make a true crossdressers store and stock items made the male torso rather than reselling women’s products! Who ever has the capitol to do this and find custom designers will get rich!

carol ann
03-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Isn't the whole point of buying shapewear to try and make our bodies closer to a true female shape. Why would i want to buy something designed for the male torso?

Jennaie
03-29-2006, 06:26 PM
I have tried several different types of shapewear and I am not happy with any of them. Remember, a they are made for a female torso. Us men have bigger chests and smaller hips than genetic females. This is were someday, some entrepreneur, will make a true crossdressers store and stock items made the male torso rather than reselling women’s products! Who ever has the capitol to do this and find custom designers will get rich!

Just mayby......

http://www.crossdresser.com/product_page.asp?ProductCatID=7&ProductSubCatID=18

Carol Ann, because it will do a better job of making you look fem than shapewear made for women.
Jennaie :be:

DonnaT
03-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Just mayby......

http://www.crossdresser.com/product_page.asp?ProductCatID=7&ProductSubCatID=18

Carol Ann, because it will do a better job of making you look fem than shapewear made for women.
Jennaie :be:

The web site boasts "We have designed this lingerie line especially for the crossdresser. We do not buy these styles from other vendors hoping it will fit. We design and produce our styles using male models as our fit guide - so your are assured that each piece will fit you correctly. "

So, why are there no male models in the pictures?

busty
03-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Rago 9357 Open Bottom Body Briefer (Size 40C), it is fabulous. However, I don't know if I have bought the right size (40C is my usual size!) - how tight is too tight? The item is a Firm Control item. It feels tight when wearing (not really uncomfortable!), and can be fairly awkward to squeeze into, but not wearing firm control garments before I don't know what to expect. Do I need a size 42+ ?

Can someone please provide me with some advice?

Thanks. hi it sounds like a nice fit,you go by your breast size your a 40 C YOU could try a 42 C BUT NO BIGER what is your fig, i like control slip and body briefer i have them made for me

wendy
03-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks Wendy, I think I will order a 42 anyway as it is so wonderful.

I do wear a lot of Bodies and Basques in a size 40, but these are mainly light control garments.

How should a firm control compared to a light control body briefer feel? Should they feel a lot tighter? I have heard it should feel like a 'gentle hug', is this correct?
good question, I would agree with your statement, I also have a firm control bodyshaper and the best way to describe it is a gentle hug.

FrillyKnickers
03-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks. I think the size must be about right then.

I must admit being a huge fan of any sort of Basque, Body, or Briefer (MUST be worn with Stockings!), I have a fair tummy on me and I think the look of just a Bra and Panties can be very unsexy when you have a bit of a stomach - I am sure most will agree!

Reana
03-30-2006, 07:27 PM
http://www.newport-news.com/Search/Controller.asp?f=b&Nty=1&N=0&Ntk=All_Search&Ntt=Shape%20Wear%20FX&D=Shape%20Wear%20FX&lp=c1&Ne=300000
This is not nearly all Newport has available. Don't know why more didn't come up. :)

DawnLabelle
03-30-2006, 08:11 PM
The web site boasts "We have designed this lingerie line especially for the crossdresser. We do not buy these styles from other vendors hoping it will fit. We design and produce our styles using male models as our fit guide - so your are assured that each piece will fit you correctly. "

This is why I've never trusted that site, plus, it ain't cheap

Dawn

FrillyKnickers
03-31-2006, 01:28 AM

This is why I've never trusted that site, plus, it ain't cheap

Dawn

I've seen this site a number of times. I agree, why no male models? Still looks good though! I would be tempted to buy something from them but I live in the UK and it is difficult enough for me to purchase feminine items online. Anyone from the UK tried www.ladybwear.co.uk . They sell a huge selection of sizes in male and female cuts. Unfortunately, a lot of it is seems more fetish wear (PVC) rather than the lacy things I am in to - although some of the dresses and skirts are very tempting even in PVC!

wendy
03-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks. I think the size must be about right then.

I must admit being a huge fan of any sort of Basque, Body, or Briefer (MUST be worn with Stockings!), I have a fair tummy on me and I think the look of just a Bra and Panties can be very unsexy when you have a bit of a stomach - I am sure most will agree!
Yes, most definitely ! I have abit of a stomach too, and wearing a body shaper helps keep it 'check' plus it helps cover it up.:D