PDA

View Full Version : Girly Magazines

Danielle/Mo
03-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Do you find yourself reading girls magazines when they are available and no one else is around? I find myself picking up Glamour and Cosmo. over sports magazines,Field and Stream,etc.

Daphne Jane
03-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Yes I pick up girly magazines all the time infact last week when I was getting a wisdom tooth pulled I was reading instyle magazine looking at all the beautiful things and reading the articles just dont care what anyone thinks anymore

Ashleigh Beth
03-29-2006, 03:10 PM
So do I, Danielle. Love looking at all the pretty clothes, shoes, hair and makeup. Always trying to get some tips on my own makeup and feminine self.

Foxy Lady
03-29-2006, 03:12 PM
I enjoy Cosmo.

Darlene Rochelle
03-29-2006, 03:14 PM
I subscribe to Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Glamour, Allure, Self and Elle,I also buy Complete Woman which comes out every other month. It's all I read:happy:

Lawren
03-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Only when I'm utterly bored and there is nothing else to read. :) When I do look at them, I find myself looking at the fashion pix more than anything else. Just to see if there are any new styles that I would like wear.

Toni Shelton
03-29-2006, 03:29 PM
I love reading RedBook, Better Homes and Gardens, and Woman's Day.
I hardly ever pick up Field and Stream any more.

Karen Edmonton
03-29-2006, 03:36 PM
DUH !! I get some of my best ideas for them , not even to mention all the great information on style and makeup .

Casey Morgan
03-29-2006, 04:15 PM
I read some, yes. Right now I'm trying to find one or two magazines that I consistantly enjoy. Like anything else, it takes time to find the ones you personally find indispensable.

By the way, this isn't what I though this thread would be about. I figured it was about Heff, Larry, and those folks. I almost avoided this thread entirely. You might want to change the title. Maybe "Do you read women's magazines". Even once people see what this thread is about, "girly" might put people off.

VeronicaMoonlit
03-29-2006, 04:22 PM
I subscribe to Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Glamour, Allure, Self and Elle,I also buy Complete Woman which comes out every other month. It's all I read:happy:

What, no Lucky, InStyle, or Vogue? :-)

I just read Allure, Lucky and Marie Claire, Glamour and InStyle on ocassion. I used to read Cosmo, but I think it's gone to hell ever since HGB (Helen Gurley Brown) left the helm.

Veronica

Ellie
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
My SO buys Cosmo and some other girly magazines from time to time.

Personally I only pick them up and look through them for the pictures!

HAHAHAHA!

Funny but true.

Okay so sometimes I read a page or two of the makeup hints. :p

eleventhdr
03-29-2006, 05:19 PM
I ahve done this and very problay always will from now on out.

Something about finally feeling comfortable and not really caring what other's think that I want to look at thses kind's of magazine's. After all you think real gg;s women do not look at playboy do not kid yourself some women do this so i have heard. Oh well! Suzy!:

Tina Dixon
03-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Easyriders has girly's in it;)

carol ann
03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
I have Glamour or Vogue highlights posted to me on my email two or three times a week free of charge by just finding a link. They include photos of all the fashion shows, beauty hints and much more.

Keely
03-29-2006, 06:42 PM
'Girly' magazines have a whole new meaning here!

jo_ann
03-29-2006, 06:57 PM
I usually don't have time for magazines.. but if I'm at the dentist office and my choice is between TIME and "good housekeeping".. I'm gonna skip right past the TIME.

SherriePall
03-29-2006, 07:59 PM
It's always a temptation to pick them up and read them in a waiting room. However, if there are others around it's Sports Illustrated instead. About the only safe place to read them is at a spa I get my pedicures.

Billijo49504
03-29-2006, 08:56 PM
I buy Women's World every week../..BJ

Amanda
03-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Yes - I was in the waiting room of my hairdressers last week and I was flicking through Vogue and the Marie Claire. Then when I was having my hair done the hairdresser asked if I would like some magazines and brought me motoring and football magazines - and I'd really been enjoying the fashion pages. Why do they assume that must be what we like?

MaylinJane
03-29-2006, 10:00 PM
I tend to read allure more than anything else. Occasionally I pick up a mopar or mustang magazine, but only for the ads. I can't stand sports magazines.

May

Amy Sue
03-29-2006, 10:02 PM
There is usually an InStyle and Jane around the house. I love reading those. Especially like the makeup ads which are usually found in the first 25 pages or so. I enjoy the articles on women's health and body. Everyonce in a while I see a Cosmo laying around and enjoy that too.

Amy :happy:

Barb Valentine
03-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I use to own a small corner store and read them all
After reading the new Guns & Ammo first

danielle_from_cal
03-29-2006, 10:13 PM

They sure do have a different meaning here. I like Vogue and Glamour more than Playboy or Penthouse. How about the Victoria's secret catalogue! I can dream all day looking at that.

barbie lanai
03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
I used to subscribe to a woman's fitness magazine "SHAPE".

jarts55
03-30-2006, 03:21 AM
My Daughters get Seventeen and I am always the first one to read it. They know it and have expressed being rather unhappy about it. I do like to read the embarrassing stories. And have keep a few about makeup.

Seven
03-30-2006, 03:32 AM

Sister you are so right

I never stopped to think before this !!! Um
Most of the time I am Graham, so doing all Steaming things, Old Glory is a Uk steaming hobby Mag, tend to be mostly Avon for Seven. Not much time for mags, yes growing up had Girly Mags, but that made it even harder from me, STOP IT GIRLS, :bonk: :bonk: it made me what to be a girl even more, what are you girls like.

Love you all XXXXXX Seven

nicki
03-30-2006, 03:38 AM
Yes.. i check them out in the supermarket check out line and purchase as well. i will also read in waiting rooms . Lots of good fashion and make up tips...plus its just like shopping !

alysonatl
03-30-2006, 10:03 AM
I read Vogue, Glamour, In Style and Allure whenever I can. I've even read them on airplanes and at ddoctor's offices and didn't get any dirty looks. I usually look at the makeup ads and the dresses to get ideas and rarely read the articles, the opposite of what I used to say about Playboy. When it comes to pure fantasy, it's the bridal magazones.

Megan_Renee
03-30-2006, 11:23 AM
I am a nerd. Having said this; I read everything... I read Field and Stream just because it's there, I read knitting mags to get ideas for my next project, I read redbook and Woman's day for the fun of it! I also am reading about 10 different books... Soo...

;-)

Megan

Leilani68
03-30-2006, 11:27 AM
I would have to list the following as regularly read Magazines in any given week:
Elle
Elle:Girl
Cosmo
Cosmo:Girl
Glamour

Robyn2006
03-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Really love Glamour Magazine. Think it's likely just the name, as so many others are similar. But it's the one I always get and love to lay around on a Saturday morning, with my lipsticked marked coffee mug, going through all the articles and looking at all those perfect women that I so dream I am.

Robyn

Julie Avery
03-30-2006, 08:09 PM
I sometimes scan these magazines, looking at the advertisements, and seeing how models portray femininity.

The articles mostly bore me :)

Khriss
03-30-2006, 08:16 PM
sure... I was on the cover of one long ago... (wish I had a copy !?:( )

Marci
04-01-2006, 01:31 AM
Hey Girrrlllls,

One thing that I might ad.

Many GGs like to fish, hunt, race bikes and cars, watch sports,
run a drill, wield a hammer, swear, slap guys, and still be thought
of as femme!?

Many boyz like to do needlepoint, garden, cook, wash dishes, cry
at sad films, feel down and lonely, speak softly, etc. and still be
thought of as masc.

Go figure...

In our efforts to find our femme side...might we find balance?

Hugs,

Marci

Debbie Kong
04-01-2006, 01:49 AM
A lot of womens magazines are left behind at my work place and I often take some home.

Elle, Flare, Glamour, Cosmopolitan and even the odd Vogue.

I keep them stacked on the bathroom weigh scale and have gleaned much useful information from them. Well, not so much from Vogue really. Least of all I can toss them into the Blue Box and have them recycled on Wednesday's!

Debbie

Mandy Salamander
04-01-2006, 01:50 AM
dooo subscribe t' 'Allure', 'Vogue', 'Glamour' 'n 'Lucky',,,,,,,,,,,, 'n 'Reptiles' magazines,, but seldom have time t' read, just look at pictures t' get make-up 'n clothing tips,,,,, 'cept th' last one, which is read cover t' cover...

trannie T
04-01-2006, 01:51 AM
I like Cosmo and Glamour but only read a couple issues a year. I subscribe to Newsweek and Lady Like. I read Field and Stream when the doctor's office doesn't have Glamour, Cosmo or Redbook.

ReginaK
04-01-2006, 10:38 PM
I read through them whenever I get the chance. Honestly, I couldn't careless about who saw me reading them, so I read them where ever I find them.

SEXY_HEATHER
04-02-2006, 01:59 AM
i tend to look for the girly mags when at any appt

Jenniffer
04-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Used to have subscription to Cosmo for all the ads and beauty tips, but after a while it's basically all the same.

Jenniffer

Kimberley
04-02-2006, 01:14 PM
I do it all the time, always have and dont care what kind of looks I get. Doctor's offices, home doesnt matter to me. I think my wife buys them as much for me as she does for her.

I enjoy the writing and articles, but more importantly I find myself analyzing (and just as often blowing raspberries) at the photography. What can I say, I am appalled by what some of these so called pros get away with... even more astounded that the ad agencies accept the garbage. A lot of it looks amateurish to me but then I am a perfectionist when it comes to my own work. However, the makeup ads are always a cut above, NEVER a bad shot there.

Kimberley.

terilynn
04-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Cosmo, Glamour and In Style subscriber here - any others get these?

Maddie Nolan
04-02-2006, 02:27 PM
I am quite partial to reading Cosmo. If I am waiting for an appointment, maybe at the Doctors for example, I always look for the womens magazines first!

Sally/nyc
04-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Hi girls:
Yes, when I'm in a waiting room at the doctors office I frequently pick up a Glamour magazine or Cosmo, I don't feel awkward at all, in fact I love the articles and the tips on makeup, which I don't apply to myself in real life, only in my fantasies. I don't feel uncomforable at all. In fact, I wore panties to my doctors office for a physical, including a prostate check, and to an outpatient procedure, for a colonoscopy.
Had a nurse hand them to me when I was dressing and she watched me put them on.
Hugs sally