PDA

View Full Version : Busted by realtor

caitlyn louisa
04-26-2020, 07:50 AM
Yesterday I was all dolled up and I took a phone call from my realtor. I thought that it would be fun to be dressed up as Caitlyn and my realtor would have no idea that the guy she was talking to on the other end of the line was totally crossdressed. She was in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by with some paperwork. I said that it wasn't convenient but she was a bit pushy (typical realtor right?). I said "i'm in fancy dress" - she laughed and said that made her want to stop by even more. When she arrived she got the biggest surprise! It took her 2 minutes to suggest that she didn't believe my fancy dress story. She stayed for a glass of wine and complemented my on my looks. Before she left, she expressed surprise that anybody, male or female, would choose to dress in pantyhose and heels on a Saturday afternoon to hang around the house! What an experience. Think she will tell anyone?

GretchenM
04-26-2020, 08:10 AM
You never know and sometimes our assumptions are completely wrong. People who we think will accept us turn on us when they find out. And the reverse also happens. It was a great experience for you and must of made you feel really good about yourself. Just keep in mind, it could have gone the other way. The reveal is always a risk but it is a risk that we must take at times. Usually, it turns out at least acceptably, but sometimes it is like a bomb blowing up in your face. Will she tell anyone? Undoubtedly. Will she use your name? Based upon her acceptance of your dressing, I seriously doubt it. It will be, "I have a client and this happened ..." If she got the picture that you are not really out widely, which is why you were in pantyhose and heels on a Saturday afternoon, she will honor that. No need to lose a client by telling a secret and having the client find out she revealed you without permission.

Teresa
04-26-2020, 08:24 AM
Caitlyn,
You say you were dressed does that also mean makeup and wig ?

The point I'm making is if you were and also were wearing something more appropriate even being at home and perhaps said nothing about fancydress you could have easliy have got away with it . In those circumsstances she would have let it go and not said anything , I'm afraid you fed the fire a little so the chances are she could well say something to others .

The question is did you want to be caught out ?

caitlyn louisa
04-26-2020, 08:33 AM
Yes I was wearing wig, makeup, jewellry, painted nails the lot. I knew that when I agreed that she could stop by that she would know that my costume was more than just fancy dress. It gave me a bit of thrill to be dressed up like that in front of a glamorous realtor. She enjoyed it too because she stayed for a bit. She told me that she suspected her brother used to try on her clothes and she even left out outfits in her room - the thought of him sneaking in and trying the outfits in amused her!

Micki_Finn
04-26-2020, 08:49 AM
It’s not really busted when you had ample warning and chose to let her see you. That’s not “Busted”, that’s “coming out”. And yes, I can almost guarantee that she’ll tell someone.

caitlyn louisa
04-26-2020, 08:51 AM
Fair enough. It felt a bit like being busted though because it wasnt my plan to out myself as a crossdresser to the realtor. It was a spur of the moment thing.

NancySue
04-26-2020, 08:58 AM
I think the question is...do you care or want her to tell anyone. I sense you wouldn?t care. It appears you?ve engaged in a positive relationship. Do you plan to see her again since she?s not offended by CDing and has a sense of humor. Sounds like the makings of a good relationship.

caitlyn louisa
04-26-2020, 09:03 AM
Thats a good question. I'd like to be dressed up in her company again for sure. I wouldn't want her to tell everyone that she knows that i'm a crossdresser. I doubt that she knows anyone that I know that could get embarassing. I'm not widely out.

Crissy 107
04-26-2020, 09:05 AM
I agree with Micki, gosh I would like to have a dollar for every time I have seen that here, but yes you outed yourself even if it was spur of the moment. The realtor seems to have taken it well, they may be another group who have seen it all, but she will most likely be telling others.

Jean 103
04-26-2020, 09:10 AM
It's nice you enjoyed yourself.

It's a nice story but I don't think she will out you.

I'm sure she has clients and friends that are gay.

So yes Teresa, if she was full time meeting anyone is a non-event, but she is not.

Teresa
04-26-2020, 09:27 AM
Jean,
The point I was making is I obviously dress " normally " for doing my jobs in the home or garden and it's also now not a problem with neighbours . If I have tradesmen or deliveries it isn't a problem .

Caitlyn possibly made the mistake perhaps through panic saying it wasn't convenient because she was in fancy dress and didn't change anything when the realtor called , in other words she drew attention to herself which will get a reaction . I think it was great that they had a drink and chatted about her brother , that can only give Caitlyn extra confidence .

char GG
04-26-2020, 09:32 AM
It sounds like you enjoyed outing yourself. (Obviously you weren't "busted") It sounds like you were looking for a reaction.

You really have no control over who she tells. As long as you are her client, she will (should) probably keep your secret. After that, if she wants to keep a good reputation, she should keep quiet but doesn't mean she will.

If you don't want people to know, be careful who you out yourself to. If you don't care, carry on displaying yourself however you see fit.

caitlyn louisa
04-26-2020, 09:43 AM
Yes I did enjoy outing myself. I don't do it often but when the circumstances are right its a thrill. This time it wasn't planned, the planets just aligned. I was honestly going to stick with the fancy dress story and say it was a dare but it was obvious that she saw right through that. Why would a regular guy have those clothes, makeup skills and even perfume lying around. I couldnt really pull off that pretence.

Robertacd
04-26-2020, 10:14 AM
Think she will tell anyone?

Sure you will probably be mentioned in "water cooler talk" with her coworkers but probably nothing more.

Honestly on the scale of shocking, a crossdresser has to be one of the tamest (lamest) things a realtor has ever seen.

Cheryl T
04-26-2020, 10:19 AM
And what's wrong with hanging around the house on a Saturday afternoon in pantyhose, heels and a pretty dress?
Sounds like she's stereotyping...LOL.

Jackiefl
04-26-2020, 10:35 AM
I was dressed when my wife and I viewed our house with the owner and realtor. We also met the HOA and went to closing with me dressed. My neighbors have seen me dressed and One of the residents in our community knocked on door after we moved in to introduce his self and inform me that he dressed also suggested we should have coffee sometime. Everyone knows and my wife and I have never given it a second thought.

CarlaWestin
04-26-2020, 11:00 AM
That's one of the best stories I've read in a long time. Maybe you've found a brunch buddy.

caitlyn louisa
04-26-2020, 11:07 AM
The question that i'm asking myself nos is if I had stuck to the fancy dress for a dare story would she have believed me? Or would she have pretended to believe me but know fine that I was a crossdresser??

MonicaPVD
04-26-2020, 11:23 AM
Realtors live and die on their reputation and, if they're any good, have seen just about anything. Remember that they spend their time going through people's homes. What would be her incentive to say anything? Unless a person is emotionally vested in you, whether positively or negatively, what you wear is unremarkable. Now, if you do something to upset her in the future, like go with a competing realtor, that might change the equation. Otherwise, they have seen it all.

Ressie
04-26-2020, 11:28 AM
I probably would have told her to give me 20 minutes before coming over. I'd just add that "I'm all tied up right now". At that point you would have time to either change into male mode or bind yourself to a chair!

Jean 103
04-26-2020, 11:35 AM
The facts speak for themselves, and it's not like you are the first.

Kelly DeWinter
04-26-2020, 01:47 PM
As a Realtor, Our profession has the highest standard of professionalism and confidentiality anywhere in the world. We are governed by State and Federal ethics laws that ensure our clients privacy.

Now for the Truth:

Realtors are the most catty, insincere, gossipy people on earth. Having worked for multiple Brokers over the years because sometimes I can't STAND the levels of unprofessional-ism in some offices and I have to leave.
Realtors like to snoop, closets, cabinets and storage areas being favorite places to look in.
Realtors have weekly office meetings that typically devolve into "You would not believe what X client did,said, has at their house"
Realtors have bi monthly "Happy Hours" that are a repeat of the above, but with other Brokers office
If the house has something unique happening it becomes known for that thing "The Smurf House","The Kink House","The General Lee House","The Shoe House", etc.
So you can be sure that not only has it gotten around, you may also get appointments now from Realtors looking to "Pre-View" your house without bringing a client, just so they will have a chance to.
Pushy Realtors are among the worst.

I'm NOT saying all fit my description, but the high 75-80 percent do.

After years of being in this business, the best thing any home owner can do is install a nanny cam for use during showings and open houses.

I used to loan homeowners the use of a Nanny Cam for homeowners concerned about personal property safety and had to stop because of the things fellow realtors were caught doing.

Teresa
04-26-2020, 01:53 PM
Caitlyn,
As I said in my previous comment you created more interest by mentioning fancy dress , it might have been better to tell her you had just bought the items and wanted to see how it all looked . Please just treat this as stepping stones most of us have had various coming out experiences , from underdressing to a first drive , it went well for you but also take care , to get a bad reaction could be a real setback .

kimdl93
04-26-2020, 02:09 PM
Probably. I?m sure the story will get around her circle, but chances are she will keep your name out of it.

docrobbysherry
04-26-2020, 02:12 PM
Think u were "Busted" or outed, Caitlyn? I doubt it in either case. :heehee:

I consider myself a closet dresser. Even tho I've been going to large T events all over the country for over 10 years. I've met 100's of people that all met me dressed.

But, I don't go out dressed near my home. So, except for my immediate family none of my friends, acquaintances, or folks I work with, know about Sherry!:battingeyelashes:

If u real want to "bust/out" yourself? Take Caitlyn out of the closet sometime! Like me, if u r careful, u still mite not be outed:thumbsup:

MonicaPVD
04-27-2020, 05:53 AM
This is hilarious and likely very true.

As a Realtor, Our profession has the highest standard of professionalism and confidentiality anywhere in the world. We are governed by State and Federal ethics laws that ensure our clients privacy.

Now for the Truth:

Realtors are the most catty, insincere, gossipy people on earth. Having worked for multiple Brokers over the years because sometimes I can't STAND the levels of unprofessional-ism in some offices and I have to leave.
Realtors like to snoop, closets, cabinets and storage areas being favorite places to look in.
Realtors have weekly office meetings that typically devolve into "You would not believe what X client did,said, has at their house"
Realtors have bi monthly "Happy Hours" that are a repeat of the above, but with other Brokers office
If the house has something unique happening it becomes known for that thing "The Smurf House","The Kink House","The General Lee House","The Shoe House", etc.
So you can be sure that not only has it gotten around, you may also get appointments now from Realtors looking to "Pre-View" your house without bringing a client, just so they will have a chance to.
Pushy Realtors are among the worst.

I'm NOT saying all fit my description, but the high 75-80 percent do.

After years of being in this business, the best thing any home owner can do is install a nanny cam for use during showings and open houses.

I used to loan homeowners the use of a Nanny Cam for homeowners concerned about personal property safety and had to stop because of the things fellow realtors were caught doing.

Angela Marie
04-27-2020, 06:52 AM
My purpose in selling a home is getting the best price, period. As for the dressing part; if you don't care then it should be irrelevant. It's not likely you'll ever see the realtor or the people who buy your house. If dressing affects the realtors perception of you to the extent that she is not doing her best it's her problem not yours.

Kelly DeWinter
04-27-2020, 11:23 AM
Monica;

Thanks, but sadly it's true. I used to go to state and regional Realtor conventions, after the seminars on ethics, how to treat you clients, the importance of being professional at all times, The alcohol would start flowing and THEN its hours of listening to stories about how weird their clients are. I'm ex Navy so I had honor and respect about self and others drilled into me for years. I would leave these seminars feeling like i'd been dipped in slime. Although there was this one client of mine who ............

MonicaPVD
04-27-2020, 09:36 PM
Love it! My only personal experience with a realtor (besides buying and selling a home) was as a tender twenty-something year old on holiday in Europe. I somehow ended up hanging out with a group of forty-something realtor ladies from the Midwest and, let's just say that I became quite acquainted with two of them. Fun times. They were catty as hell.

Monica;

Thanks, but sadly it's true. I used to go to state and regional Realtor conventions, after the seminars on ethics, how to treat you clients, the importance of being professional at all times, The alcohol would start flowing and THEN its hours of listening to stories about how weird their clients are. I'm ex Navy so I had honor and respect about self and others drilled into me for years. I would leave these seminars feeling like i'd been dipped in slime. Although there was this one client of mine who ............

lingerieLiz
04-27-2020, 11:19 PM
Kelly DeWinter, you are right about many Realtors. But, it goes on in many professions. Police, Fire, Nurses and Doctors and the list goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

MonicaPVD were you dressed while partying with the Realtors

MonicaPVD
04-28-2020, 05:34 AM
No. Just a cute young guy passing through Italy and taking every opportunity to prove to himself that he was a guy. 🙄

Kelly DeWinter, you are right about many Realtors. But, it goes on in many professions. Police, Fire, Nurses and Doctors and the list goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

MonicaPVD were you dressed while partying with the Realtors

BTWimRobin
04-28-2020, 05:58 AM
Call it busted or outted or whatever you want. The bottom line is your little secret is out. It's a cute story and it sounded like your realtor took it well. Thanks for sharing.

alwayshave
04-28-2020, 06:14 AM
Caitlyn, You were not busted. If you did not want her there you could have just said you had a fever and a cough.