PDA

View Full Version : Have you increased your online shopping for clothes.

lingerieLiz
04-29-2020, 11:16 PM
I normally go to the stores and shop for what I want since I'm somewhat retired. Being bored and avoiding doing what I should be doing (finishing some remodeling) I have bought more clothes than I have in the last year. It is just so easy. I feel like I'm keeping the delivery people employed

The real issue is we are out of closet space. I had a lot of women's clothes before I was given a wardrobe by a friend who lost weight and a husband in divorce. The problem is I need the space where the storage boxes were. My daughter told me to purge what I won't wear and buy things I like. I can't donate them until the donation sites open back up. She is expected to be fashionable in her work. So she cleans out her closet with the seasons. I like the classic looks, but most of the time I wear the same things women my age do. Have lots of blouses, Many were expensive and I really like. some are very obvious women's. Lots of tees and casual wear.

suzanne
04-30-2020, 03:03 AM
No, I have not. I am a firm believer in shopping in person, for both practical and philosophical reasons. Number one is that it is a huge gamble to pay for an item that may or may not fit or flatter me, return policy notwithstanding. So my purchases during the pandemic have been few and far between, just a coUKple of skirts and one top. I very much look forward to getting back into the stores and playing dress up with my "sister".

Rhonda Jean
04-30-2020, 05:11 AM
I haven't. I've gotten rid of a lot of clothes, evidenced by the number of empty hangers. Using my typical one in / one out rule, I've got a lot of shopping to do when this is over!

alwayshave
04-30-2020, 06:26 AM
Liz, Lately I don't buy online, except shoes, I like to go into the store. That being said, if an ad pops up and I like the dress, I will snap it up.

RachelPortugal
04-30-2020, 06:33 AM
No, I had a bit of a spending spree before all this mess kicked off big time. I do window shop on-line to help keep my sanity as I see 000's of Euros leave my accounts each month and absolutely nothing comes in. Oh the joys of being in the travel and tourism business.

Teresa
04-30-2020, 07:02 AM
Liz,
I'm avoiding buying too much as we don't know when the lockdown will end , OK we are being bombarded with special offers all the time but those offers will still be going when things get back to normal . I would love to buy some new skirts for spring but they maybe stuck in the wardrobe for weeks if not months . Besides I'm expecting money to cost more , credit maybe harder to get and cost more as the financial sector plays catchup .

Are we keeping the delivery companies employed or are we expecting them to take too many risks at the moment , besides it sounds like you have plenty so why buy more ?

Maid_Marion
04-30-2020, 07:13 AM
I spent about $250 in the past month, so yes, I've spent more online to take advantage of the sales.
I got a decent raise with my recent review, which was done via phone due to the lockdown.
It is more than I've spent on clothes in the past few years.
I have a very easy time buying stuff online, as I have a very girly figure.
I've stayed safe by not leaving the yard. I have been busy gardening to stay sane.

Marion

Majella St Gerard
04-30-2020, 09:36 AM
Seems I order something everyday.

Cheryl T
04-30-2020, 09:42 AM
Not at all. I prefer to shop in person and try everything on.
I spent too much money doing the buy/try/return dance. Once I began going out everywhere 20 years ago that ended. I want to touch, feel and try on clothes to make sure they fit and actually look good on my body.

DianeT
04-30-2020, 09:59 AM
I spent too much money doing the buy/try/return dance.
In most online stores I have free returns (I live in France). I figured the same was true in North America ?

Stephanie47
04-30-2020, 11:02 AM
I finally got it through my thick skull that I really do not need to buy much anymore. I use to peruse on line dresses on daily basis on ebay and stores which have an on-line presence; Kohl's, JC Penny. The last time I actually bought a dress was more than 18 months ago. I think the real problem (?) is my wife fully retired after back surgery and other medical issues. Now she is recovering from a total knee replacement. Between the knee operation and coronavirus lock down everyone is trapped at home. The only outings are quick grocery runs. No chance to peruse stores just for fun. When she was working several days a week I did have about seven hours a day to be en femme. Really no opportunity to do more than wear panties and sleep in a nightgown. I am spending way too much time on the computer. I do have an itch for pretty slips. Slips I still peruse ebay for, but, in larger sizes there is almost nothing to bid on. With over 400 full slips in my collection (yes, I love to collect slips) I could open a retail shop stocked with hundreds of vintage slips. To keep my mind in the game and somewhat on even keel it has been buying panties; vintage and new colors. I have my eye on some floral panties up for bids. That's where my coronavirus relief check is headed.

Krea
04-30-2020, 11:33 AM
No my spending hasn't gone up. I seldom buy online anyway now as i prefer shopping for fem clothes in person, at inexpensive chain stores.
Unless there is something i really need i will wait for normality to return, so i can go out shopping again, rather than pay extra online for something that may not fit and then have the hassle of returning it.

Maid_Marion
04-30-2020, 12:39 PM
It is a short drive to return something purchased online at either VS or Amazon. Yes, almost everyone in the USA offers free returns. Though I did see one shoe manufacturer who didn't on their closeout prices. I decided not to buy from them.

April Rose
04-30-2020, 01:12 PM
I try to only buy from local merchants, even if it costs a few bucks more. If there is something that only makes sense to buy on the internet I will do that. So far, in 2020 I have spent $0 on clothes for either gender.

shellybme
04-30-2020, 02:38 PM
Yes I have been a little bit of a shopaholic lol. Have a lot of time and every once in a while something grabs my attention and I snap it up. Sizing wise I shop at the same places I am already familiar how they would fit me so that is not an issue. Only issue is I?m running out of room to put everything. I might get rid of something?s I don?t wear. Maybe lol

Megan Nicole
04-30-2020, 03:16 PM
I don?t know if I have increased my on-line shopping or not, I would say it is about the same. I did receive a huge bag of goodies today from Old Navy, which I ordered over three weeks ago. The mail order system is just running slower than normal with the virus and all. Anyway, I was delighted with my items. I wish I had sized down with one dress, but that?s what ya get for not trying items on. It was a $45 dress and I ended up getting it for $12. Old Navy is usually pretty consistent with most clothing. Sales are still on! I just got another message from them with many items 50% off. I?ll have to check it out. Gee, maybe I will kick up my on-line buying! -Meg

Jenny22
04-30-2020, 03:40 PM
Every day I shop on line, but it all goes into my carts. When they get full, I open the carts and decide if I really need every item, eliminating many. I've been a good girl and have only spent about $100 on line since the lock down.

Asew
04-30-2020, 05:40 PM
I have spent more online but considering I am not shopping in physical stores anymore I think overall I am spending the same on clothes as normal.

lingerieLiz
04-30-2020, 08:57 PM
I got hooked on Chico's about two weeks ago. The good part is that they have a 120 days return policy and you can drop them off at their boutiques . So far I don't intend to return what I have purchased from them. My goal is to pair my wardrobe down this year. If we don't quit cooking so much I won't fit any of my clothes. We are quarantined at home by the kids. We both are good cooks so we have been trying new things. Oh well.

Tracy Irving
05-01-2020, 12:56 AM
Not often do online clothing purchases work for me so I like to stick to retail and thrift stores where I can try on before I buy. With most stores closed, my crossdressing closet thanks me.

jacques
05-01-2020, 06:10 AM
hello Liz,
all clothes shops are Covid-closed because they are "not essential".
Well shopping for clothes is essential for me - so yes I have shopped on line.
it is not the same though - you can only use one of your senses when you shop on-line.
luv J

prettytoes
05-01-2020, 07:08 AM
I do most of my shopping online anyhow. I try to stay with brands that I know sizing on. I have had a few items come that don't fit, but not often. I just got a new Maidenform lace racerback bra for $15, and a long chiffon sundress for $8...both fit perfectly! My wife knows of my dressing, but she isn't a fan of it. I try to intercept the mail when a package arrives to keep the peace.

Ressie
05-01-2020, 07:31 AM
Haven't shopped at all since my nephew had to move in. That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't done much dressing either.

Vickie_CDTV
05-01-2020, 09:24 AM
I do shop for clothes online (and only online) but I haven't spend a penny unnecessarily since this corona virus nonsense started. I have lost a lot of business because of the shutdown, have to make up for it as best I can, this is the worst time I can imagine for me to splurge on anything that is a non-necessity. (I don't live as a woman, so women's clothing is not a necessity for me.)

Cheryl T
05-01-2020, 10:23 AM
In most online stores I have free returns (I live in France). I figured the same was true in North America ?

Not true here.
Some do, but with most you may have free shipping from the store but you have to pay to return the item. It's not only the monetary expense but also the time involved from finding something, receiving it and trying it on, returning it and awaiting the refund. It's just so much more convenient where we lived to go to the store. There were so many malls in close proximity and as I said I'm kind of "touchy feely" when it comes to clothing.
It's nice they allow you free return shipping, especially if you are not in a city area.

ShelbyDawn
05-01-2020, 06:26 PM
I am trying so hard not to but I scroll through my Facebook feed and they're all over the place, those cute summer dresses in all those pretty colors. I tell myself no and I keep scrolling, but they are following me, I swear, I can't get away, and then it happens, that purple one with the little flowers that buttons up the front and falls just below the knees, and it's ON SALE!!! only $35, Honesty, it's just not fair, what's a girl to do? It will be here in seven to ten days...

AnntoAnn
05-01-2020, 08:01 PM
A couple of years ago, I had a good clear out. It was not a purge, just a realisation I had far too much Ann stuff. I was just so reluctant to get rid of some old clothes as they had some memories. "Did it fit? no......Out, Had I warn it? No ..... Out, Did I like it? NO" ..... out it went and so on. We estimated I probably got rid of 75% of it. The shoe collection probably went down to 20%. There were shoes I had simply brought and never worn or just once. The charity shop did very well. I then resisted the urge to replace it all. So when I shop for Ann, "Do I realy need it? No" .... walk away. I have a one in one out policy, that seems to be working and keeping things under control. I'm lucky that I have a spare bedroom to keep it all, but there is a limit! I have resisted online shopping in the lockdown, did however buy a dress on the sale rack at Sainsburys while food shopping. What is going out for the "one in one out policy"........ not decided yet....

Pumped
05-02-2020, 08:25 AM
I shop online some everyday, so for me it hasn't changed. I do most of my shopping online. I find it more convenient that trying to dig through racks of clothing. Plus I can shop a few minutes here and there when I have time.

Sometimes Steffi
05-02-2020, 09:51 PM
I like to think about it as the Conservation of Shopping Law.

Total Shopping = online shopping + retail shopping.

As a result of the lockdown due to coronavirus, Retail Shopping has asymptotically decreased to zero, since there's no place to shop.
To balance the Conservation of Shopping Law, Online Shopping has to increase to make up for the decrease in Retail Shopping.

Yes, I'm an engineer.

I do have an itch for pretty slips. Slips I still peruse ebay for, but, in larger sizes there is almost nothing to bid on. With over 400 full slips in my collection (yes, I love to collect slips) I could open a retail shop stocked with hundreds of vintage slips. To keep my mind in the game and somewhat on even keel it has been buying panties; vintage and new colors. I have my eye on some floral panties up for bids. That's where my coronavirus relief check is headed.

Stephanie. You have enough slips to wear a different one every day, and still have some left over. I ask you to share he wealth. Since you have enough to open a retail store, you should, on eBay. I'm guessing that you have about $6,000 inventory in slips. Sell some, and make some CD happy, and make room in the closet for more stuff.

I know you've heard the rule, "He who has the most slips when he dies wins." But it's not true.

LOL LOL LOL

mbmeen12
05-03-2020, 04:23 AM
Have you increased your online shopping for clothes?

Couple weeks ago I was reaching new sports bras and just bras.... I was in between 42/44 band and truly trail and error.

wendy
05-03-2020, 08:09 AM
At the start of the lockdown I thought I would be adding to cart a lot; what has happened is I've only purchased a shapewear cami and one swimsuit. Due to lengthy fulfillment and delivery (from retailer to post office), I feel it isn't worth it. Good news is because I haven't bought much of anything my bank account has swollen.

Patience
05-28-2020, 08:07 PM
Actually, I?ve been going over the pieces I?ve bought a while back. For a while, I went on a massive buying spree. I?m not sure I know all I have.

lingerieLiz
05-28-2020, 09:22 PM
I'm in shock as to how much fem clothing I have. Lingerie Liz is a good name for me. I'm moving all of my lingerie out of two 19 gal storage totes. My bras are already in drawers. I have so many lingerie items I could open a shop. I have a bunch of slips, but I don't wear dresses much. Yet they remind me of the good ole days. I didn't realize how many camisoles I have. Some are for modesty, but many others are very sexy. Oh well.

I'm buying blouses on line. Just can't resist.

Angie G
05-28-2020, 10:01 PM
No I get very little on line. :hugs:
Angie

Natalie5004
05-29-2020, 07:06 AM
I have yet to really buy in the shops. That will change in the future. My gurl section of my closet has more room. I share the walk in with my wife. She has not made a comment yet about the 3 dresses, 3 tops and 2 skirts I have hanging up. But then again, I am placing these items in the back and not in her face. We are in a DSDS relationship.

Regarding on line, I have 3 dresses ordered and a new top coming in anytime now. If I need more storage space I will toss some mens clothes out. I have too much old clothes and I tend to wear the same things often.

Natalie.

CarlaWestin
05-29-2020, 09:56 AM
As I've simply continued with normal but, with more free time while the scamdemic runs its course, I thought I would sort out all the Carla stuff. It's endless.
And, I've reached a point where I'm not buying anything online.

Pixie_94
05-29-2020, 04:01 PM
I have never bought anything online to be honest, I don't know how any of that works.

BLUE ORCHID
05-29-2020, 04:39 PM
Hi Liz :hugs:, I am partial to the B&M stores, The only online purchases were couple wigs from

TWC, The Wig Company. >Orchid, ,,O:daydreaming:O..

Territx
05-29-2020, 05:28 PM
I am not sure if it is the virus stress or just reduced interest in dressing due to the realization that I cannot get dressed and out, but I have not purchased 1 item since this started. Hopefully, it will be over and I can regain my mojo.

ShoeziQ
05-30-2020, 01:35 PM
Yes, definitely. It's easier on me, but the wait kills me! I will go into the store around holidays, it's like cover for me, but I wear size 18 clothes and 11W shoes so I have to scout out who has that available. The important part is that I know my sizes, and I really haven't had issues with things not fitting. Just got a blouse and skirt in today!

Terri_Cross
05-30-2020, 02:07 PM
Haven't really gotten too awful much in the way of clothing online lately. Since the beer bug thing started, I mean. Lot of other stuff though.

Although, there were a few things that looked awful cute...

AndreaJay
05-31-2020, 04:13 AM
I was saying how much I missed the physical shops in a previous thread, but with that all said, I found that I am looking at the on-line retailers a lot more since lockdown. In my imagination, I have spent thousands, although imagination is a wonderful thing it spends money I haven't got, so I have only chanced buying a couple of items.

I, without any doubt, much prefer browsing real aisles, looking at the quality and, where possible, trying the fit and style for suitability. I also buy a lot from charity shops, which are cheap; plus the charity benefits from the sale...if it's not right, I donate it back for them to sell again and make more for their charity.

abby054
06-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Have I increased my online clothes purchases recently? Nope. Too busy. Not enough time. My day job takes a lot more time to do well online than in person. I may need to buy more eventually, though. Staying home has packed on a few extra pounds.

Dawn P
06-01-2020, 09:47 AM
I just bought a bunch of tops online thru the Hawaiian Airlines Online Mall to get some airline miles as Hawaiian as discontinued that program. Back to Delta and United shopping to get miles.

abby054
06-01-2020, 09:48 AM
Have I increased my online clothes purchases recently? Nope. Too busy. Not enough time. My day job takes a lot more time to do well online than in person. I may want to buy more eventually, though. Staying home has packed on a few extra pounds.

One of the fashion websites that I read regularly uses the expression, ?edit your closet?. It keeps the wardrobe fresh and functional. It is what I should do again soon. Purge is an entirely different thing.

JennB
06-02-2020, 06:29 AM
Shopping, yes. Buying, not. I have tried as I "shop" more to look at items and put them in a cart or wish list. Then don't buy them for at least a couple days (unless there is a really motivating sale that is time sensitive). I find that if I come back a couple days later the "instant buy motivation" has tampered in many cases and I buy less. Probably a good thought for my non Jenn shopping in life also.

Krisi
06-02-2020, 07:45 AM
I buy most of my clothes in local stores (mostly Ross lately). Bras, panties and shoes I usually buy on-line.

Jacqueline Vivaldi
06-03-2020, 10:16 AM
I have bought tons of beautiful clothing of all sorts both online and in stores. Recently I have purchased a lot of clothing from Chinese online sites. I find that the diversity of styles and my capability to quickly look at a lot of styles is a definite advantage. Recently the most fantastic designs in party dresses, more formal dresses for going out to elegant venues, and well designed pants suits were purchased from this source. I actually bought 14 bikinis and one piece bathing suits from one supplier. They are beautifully designed and inexpensive. One problem is that one must wait a long time, but it is worth the wait. I have had to return a few items and discard a few others, because the Chinese sizing is often too small in the top.

I have too much clothing, but I love wearing all of them. If they don't look really good, I donate them.
Keep on showing!