PDA

View Full Version : How many buttons do you leave open on your blouse

lingerieLiz
04-30-2020, 10:32 PM
The other day I was putting on a shirt (women's) and thought about which buttons should I use or not. I have always thought it was cool when women leave just enough buttons undone to let a little bra lace peak out or be seen if you bend over. I went looking at women's pictures and found that most of them left the top two buttons undone. I had done the same over the years so I guess I had it right.

I have varied the amount of unbuttoned buttons with different blouse styles. I had a silk blouse on one day and needed to pick up some paper work at one of my doctors. I walked into their office and as I did my heals gave that sound as only they can. I went to the receptionist and asked for the paper work. She pulled the package and asked me to sign for it. The paper work was on a lower level and I had to bend over. The nurse was standing in front of me and when I bent over I'm sure she saw the girls ensconced in really pretty white lace cups within the green silk blouse. When I raised up she was all smiles. It was obvious she had seen all.

Tracy Irving
04-30-2020, 11:56 PM
Some women's shirts don't even have the top two or three buttons so I generally button them all the way up or they don't look right. Else, two or three.

JenniferWhenCD
05-01-2020, 01:39 AM
First button above the nipple line., unless thar leaves too much exposed ;) I find myself doing the same with men's wear as we'll, as long as my bra or camisole don't show.

Hayley Comets
05-01-2020, 02:53 AM
Maximum one for me? Though thankfully some blouses are low cut enough on their own

Teresa
05-01-2020, 05:37 AM
Liz,
Sometimes it depends how well the blouse fits and hangs . I bought a blouse with a fairly low neck line but the neckline and collar didn't fall right so I added a small press stud to gather the blouse better so it improved the neckline . Otherwise it's not something I really think about as long as the fit is right , if they see a a hint of bra it's not a problem because any flesh they see is mine and not silicon . It's no more of a problem than wearing a strapless dress , one of them I find it works going braless .

Sometimes the low neckline was was overlooked , I can recall on more than one occasion when photographing a wedding , at the signing of the register a bride had to bend forward , in doing so I did see bust and nipples as the vicar did in one instance , we politely looked away until the signing was complete .

jacques
05-01-2020, 06:04 AM
hello Liz,
just enough to hide my bra from view,
luv J

Helen_Highwater
05-01-2020, 07:54 AM
Liz,

Sufficient to show a hint of cleavage normally.

Sherrii
05-01-2020, 08:04 AM
The answer is "it all depends". On the look you want, where you are going, the way the blouse is cut, and on and on. Sherrii

BrendaPDX
05-01-2020, 08:23 AM
It depends on what I am wearing and if I have a camisole under it of just a bra. If just a bra one or two button above it but at lease a couple undone on top, if I am wearing a camisole I want to show the top of it.

Vickie_CDTV
05-01-2020, 08:53 AM
Probably sounds really weird, but I have a number of fancy blouses I wear fully buttoned up with a necklace or brooch at the collar. I think they just look nicer that way. I always wear a camisole slip underneath to smooth things out and in case the buttons gape open. I wish women still wore slips under their white/sheer blouses, always loved that look.

Krisi
05-01-2020, 09:11 AM
My blouses don't have buttons so I can't really answer that question. My wife's blouses don't have buttons either. When shopping, I don't see a lot of women's blouses with buttons and the ones I do see are more like "shirts" than blouses.

Robertacd
05-01-2020, 10:48 AM
Well it depends on the blouse and the look I am trying to achieve. Normally I only leave the top button undone. If I am wearing a cami or tank top underneath and want to show it of then at least the top three are undone. I do have some lower cut button down blouses that don't need any undone.

Tracii G
05-01-2020, 10:58 AM
Thinking like a man if you think its a certain number.
It depends on the blouse and how it hangs on you.

Teresa
05-01-2020, 11:19 AM
Krisi,
I've just bought a lovely buttoned blouse from Cotton Traders in a blue pattern and like it so much I might order the pink one .

Liz,
The model shown wearing this blouse has it totally open with a white cami or Tshirt underneath , so it can be worn buttoned or loose , tucked or draped , a very useful blouse to have in your wardrobe .

docrobbysherry
05-01-2020, 11:49 AM
I just realized, I'm so far past showing a hint of my bra, Liz! :straightface:

NOT because I rarely ever wear bras any more. NOT because I nearly always wear a breast plate. And, NOT because most of my tops and dresses r plunge fronts. :daydreaming:

It's because seeing a hint of a women's bra does nothing for me, personally!:brolleyes:

prene
05-01-2020, 03:31 PM
For me just enough to hide my bra and/or cleavage(if any)?

franlee
05-01-2020, 04:00 PM
All depends on the outfit and presentation. And the weather dictates some consideration. I may button to the top if I want to wear a cameo or pin at the top. and then I may want to be cool and button from the top of my bra or camisole. But if it is winter and I am going to be going and coming around the shop I wear my blouse open(unbuttoned) with a shell or pullover under it. All are good for me to enjoy my look.

Lori Anne
05-03-2020, 01:51 PM
If I'm feeling naughty, I'll leave enough buttons unbuttoned to almost see the edge of my bra cups.

Pumped
05-03-2020, 04:10 PM
None! Just leave it open, wearing sexy panties and bra!

mbmeen12
05-04-2020, 04:42 AM
Depends on the time of day....For example professional attire is just that. At a bar that's two buttons down lol

Bobbi46
05-04-2020, 04:57 AM
None! in case my boobs fall out onto the floor !!! lol

alwayshave
05-04-2020, 06:59 AM
Liz, It really depends on the blouse. However, I don't wear it so low that anyone can see my breast forms. If I had an expensive form that I could blend into my skin I would consider unbuttoning further.

Maryannginger
05-07-2020, 12:28 PM
It depends if i want to show cleavage or not.

macada10
05-08-2020, 05:12 AM
Until I can proudly show off cleavage.

Angie G
05-08-2020, 12:27 PM
Depends on the blouse I usu ally leave 1 or 2 open. If IM in my old **** mode then it 3.:hugs:
Angie

Patience
05-21-2020, 11:16 AM
No two garments I have are exactly alike, so it really varies. I never really thought about it like that, they just sort of take care of themselves, really. Are you afraid you're showing too much cleavage?

Honestly, there are other aspects of my dressing that need far more attention.