PDA

View Full Version : Cremation or burial clothing

Jenny22
05-15-2020, 03:07 PM
Since many of we girls are well up in years, we especially know that one day we will kick the bucket, and our bucket list will be no more, with the possible exception of one.... What articles of female clothing has your SO or other family member agreed to bury or cremate you in?

char GG
05-15-2020, 04:25 PM
OMG, Jenny! This is probably one of the stranger threads that I have seen.

Have you left instructions for your family for what you would like to wear?

If so, do you have your "burial clothes" in a special place so they don't have to go through your things to find it?

Micki_Finn
05-15-2020, 05:15 PM
Well I don’t want to be buried and you DAMN WELL BETTER NOT incinerate my dresses!

Elizabeth G
05-15-2020, 06:07 PM
I haven't chosen the outfit yet but I'm sure as hell not going out of here in drab!

MaryAnn1963
05-15-2020, 06:19 PM
Elizabeth..."I haven't chosen the outfit yet but I'm sure as hell not going out of here in drab!".. I'm with you girl!!!:D:D

lingerieLiz
05-15-2020, 06:24 PM
Funerals are for those alive. My wife and I are going to be cremated and I don't think they dress you for that. I've always said open the bar and have a party on me.

Star01
05-15-2020, 07:04 PM
My cremation clothing choice will go up in smoke and isn't relevant.

alwayshave
05-15-2020, 07:41 PM
Hate to think my silicone breast forms would explode in the crematorium. But I have made no such plans.

Tracii G
05-15-2020, 07:55 PM
I'll let my kids decide because they will be the ones looking.

AngelaYVR
05-15-2020, 09:03 PM
Going to give my nice things to my daughter. I can be buried in that top that never went with anything.

Allison Chaynes
05-15-2020, 09:08 PM
I don't have anything specific picked out but wife knows to cremate me in a dress. Ashes to be disposed of in the Gulf of Mexico a la viking funeral executedbwith stuff we can't discuss here.

Stephanie47
05-15-2020, 09:55 PM
Since I am going to be cremated without any open viewing funeral service I expect to go out of here stark naked; the same way I came into this world. Instead of a typical urn to be stuck in a niche at a veterans cemetery I am opting for my ashes to be placed in a 50 caliber ammunition can with decals of my unit on the outside.

Pixie_94
05-16-2020, 12:13 AM
I'm still young compared to most of the people on the forum, but I'll say one thing: Mummification for the win!

Diane Smith
05-16-2020, 01:05 AM
I've told all my friends that they should dump my naked body by the side of the road someplace and let the wildlife have their way with it.

- Diane

bridget thronton
05-16-2020, 04:23 AM
My doctoral robe (with a dress or suit suit undernearh)

Connie D50
05-16-2020, 05:14 AM
I'll be cremated with the cuties pair of panties in my draw (a lot to choose from), under the male cloths of my wife picks. It would only be fitting sense I have been wearing panties under my male cloths for almost my whole life. :)

Maria 60
05-16-2020, 05:17 AM
We had a family death recently and we were discussing this. I told my wife if I go first no tie and suit, I want to be in my relax clothes. Most of all at least wearing pantyhose under my pants.

Jeri Ann
05-16-2020, 05:32 AM
I have donated my body to The University of Texas Medical Branch for medical research.

When I pass, they will collect my remains, harvest what they need, cremate the rest and distribute the ashes in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Galveston.

There is no cost except for the donation.

Heisthebride
05-16-2020, 08:19 AM
I haven?t considered burial or cremation clothes, but I have thought about a photo board during the service. I have some friends who know and some who don?t know I dress. I don?t want to make my knowing friends feel they have to hide this part of me from my other friends. Especially if it?s supposed to be a celebration of my life. This is part of who I am. During the service there will be the inevitable ?How did you know <insert name>?? question. I think this would be a great way to get both sets of friends talking to each other. Maybe some of my dressing up friends would share stories during the service. Who knows. I have also thought of recording a ?going away? video to play at the service too. Partly in male mode and partly dressed to the nines.

Linda E. Woodworth
05-16-2020, 08:32 AM
Cremation for me. I consider cemetery's a waste of prime real estate.

Being a Sub Vet I want to go out the TDU (Trash Desposal Unit) with a wet bag (garbage) on top. True submariner style!

I've never given much thought to what to wear before this question but pantyhose definitely for me!

Lastly I like Diane Smith's desire. Reminds me of the Klingon proverb that the body is just a lifeless husk, do with it what you will.......

Stephanie47
05-16-2020, 10:51 AM
I have donated my body to The University of Texas Medical Branch for medical research. When I pass, they will collect my remains, harvest what they need

Good for you! My aunt donated her body to a medical school. I would recommend everyone should consider becoming a donor and have that information inputted on their driver's license and medical records. No sense in having good body parts go to waste. It's surprising how many junk yards there are for used car parts, and, yet the world goes hungry for used body parts.

Jenny22
05-16-2020, 01:27 PM
Char, just a pair on my prettiest panties.

cdinmd206
05-17-2020, 07:59 AM
My ex always swore she would have the undertaker dress me in a garter belt, stockings, panties and a Hawaiian shirt. She joked that hundreds of years form now when they exhumed me they would wonder what kind of cult I belonged to to be buried like that.

Marcella59
05-17-2020, 08:21 AM
Cremate. Give my clothes to needy

GretchenM
05-17-2020, 08:28 AM
In many areas cremation has to be done with only a birthday suit as incinerating the clothes produced toxic pollutants that the crematorium's pollution filters can't handle. Not sure on that, but in larger urban areas and even some smaller towns there are tight regulations on burning anything.

susanmichelle
05-17-2020, 11:21 PM
Myself I?ve already planned to be cremation. Only good thing I can really see out of it there won?t be any burning hair smell except on my head. As far as clothes I do believe they do you naked. 👩🏻*🦳

wendy
05-18-2020, 08:19 AM
I've thought about this. No one else other than my wife knows about Wendy, and I would love to be buried as Wendy; as someone says, moving on in drab is not an option. However, this creates a dilemma if my wife outlives me, people will start wondering why I am made up as a female and not my drab self. I guess it can be closed casket so then no one will see.

SherriePall
05-18-2020, 09:28 AM
For years I told my wife to just throw me in the local river. But they have since ruined my plans by cleaning it up and making it a great trout stream. Now I don't know which way to go.

Dutchess
05-18-2020, 10:53 AM
Everyone knows my experience with this .
NO matter how well you think you know your family , if what you want ( no matter what it is - clothing , photos , mementos music , what is in your obit etc etc ) is important to you put it in writing and file it with an atty or funeral home if you pre plan or notarized and left with a trusted friend . Its not difficult .
People go absolutely nuts when a family member dies and will sadly , many times , just do what they want even if they were or seemed supportive when you were living .
It broke my heart when none of my SO's wishes were followed . None - and there was not one thing I could do . Its made this even more difficult to recover from , its like his mom was going to punish all of us for his dressing .

Krisi
05-21-2020, 07:59 AM
I will be dead so I won't care. I will be cremated naked, I suspect. If there is any viewing, it will be in male clothes as friends and family knew me.

Meghan4now
05-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Funerals are for those alive. My wife and I are going to be cremated and I don't think they dress you for that. I've always said open the bar and have a party on me.
This is the closest response to my situation. Cremate me naked, or donate my body, don't bother dressing me, I'm dead and don't care. Don't force those that I've left behind to dress me.

Now one thing that would be really cool is that when they put together that montage of photos, I would really like the prettiest Meghan photos to be included. It part of who I was, and involved my participation in this world. It would be a fitting final act of promoting acceptance and love.

Patience
05-21-2020, 09:06 AM
The subject of cremation came up recently in a family talk, but choice of attire wasn?t mentioned. I mean, does it really matter what one is wearing when one?s cremated? The deceased won?t know or care and all one?s really doing is giving someone extra work (an adding to the cost of the service, l imagine) by making some funeral schlub put a cadaver in a dress.

Who does the dressing anyway? Does one really want some stranger putting one?s body in a dress, even if one?s deceased?

Michelle 51
05-22-2020, 04:53 AM
I will be dressed as a male but told my wife to slip a special pair of Gloria Vanderbilt floral pattern panties I have in my jacket pocket just before they close the casket