PDA

View Full Version : Had a very interesting conversion this afternoon

ShelbyDawn
05-21-2020, 05:53 PM
Texas opened hair salons on a limited basis not long ago and I was finally able to get in to see the 20 something girl that cuts my hair today, I'll call her 'L'. I'm wearing masculine Bermuda shorts and flip flops.
While she is cutting my hair, her business partner, let's call he 'P', walks in the room:

P: L, I really like your skirt. It's very cute.
Me: It is cute, and looks comfortable, too, But I don't think I could get away with it. (we all laugh)
P: I don't know, you have nice legs, you probably could. (more laughter)
L: And you're right, it is very comfortable. I think if men knew how comfortable skirts were, a lot of them would wear them.

This short conversation brought so many thought to my mind. Neither of these young ladies has any way of knowing that I know as much about how comfortable skirts are as they do and I thought it interesting the turns the conversation took.
It is also an amusing anecdote on our 'condition' that I thought you might like to hear and comment on. Will I be wearing a skirt to my next haircut, I think not but it was interesting.

So, do you agree with L, if men knew how comfortable skirts were, do you think they would wear them?

Patience
05-21-2020, 06:24 PM
I don't get it. Was that a religious experience?

MaryAnn1963
05-21-2020, 06:28 PM
I get that totally... sometimes I get into similar conversations where I have to not let on to how much I know about what they are talking about. I just smile and nod.:)

AllieSF
05-21-2020, 06:38 PM
I get it too, participating in a conversation where you know more than they could suspect. I also have had some conversations like that and they were fun.

Now, I think that men would wear skirts if they crossdress or maybe want to wear a kilt by tradition. I do not think that, in general, men would flock to skirts because they are comfortable. It is not going to happen.

JeanTG
05-21-2020, 06:40 PM
Men have already long ago figured out that skirts are comfortable... in Scotland!

JenniferR771
05-21-2020, 06:42 PM
And if skirts are so comfortable--howcum so many women wear pants?

Stephanie47
05-21-2020, 07:19 PM
Touche! Jennifer. When it get really warm where I live my wife dumps the pants or shorts and wears a flowing dress; knee length to ankle length. Personally, I would opt for a flowing or loose fitting sundress rather than anything that is snug around my waist.

Micki_Finn
05-21-2020, 08:21 PM
?Neither of these young ladies has any way of knowing that I know as much about how comfortable skirts are as they do? Never underestimate the power of a woman?s observation and intuition. More know than you know.

But no I don?t believe so. Many traditional cultures dressed men in skirts, kilts, what have you. Modern men in those areas generally don?t wear them any more except maybe ceremonial occasions. It?s not about comfort, it?s about power. In trousers, no matter what, you are always ?protected? whereas in a skirt, you?re always ?at risk? if you understand my meaning.

Teresa
05-21-2020, 08:41 PM
Shelby,
The Lithuanian lady that cuts my hair always wears trousers with bright red patent Doc Martins boots . I now go fully dressed with makeup and wig , usually I'm wearing a skirt with a Tshirt depending on the weather . The arrangement now is I take my wig stand and slip my wig off while she cuts my hair , when she's done I give my wig a quick brush through and pop it back on , she always says , " That's better !" One lady in the waiting area didn't realise and sat open mouthed the whole time I sat in the chair and she'd been chatting to me a few minutes before .

We've never got into a conversation about clothes yet .

Crissy 107
05-21-2020, 09:10 PM
Nice conversation, I would have absolutely loved that to happen. Woman are very observant and pick up on small things so maybe they have an idea about you.

Jean 103
05-21-2020, 11:44 PM
No.

But that doesn't mean you can't.

But generally no.

I have met a man in a skirt twice, which I have mentioned before

Kiwi Primrose
05-22-2020, 04:48 AM
You have an opportunity - next visit wear a skirt for them. Even if you have to change there I'm sure they would like to see you.

Amari
05-22-2020, 06:22 AM
Everyone used to wear skirts/dresses. Trousers were a later development.

Elaina
05-22-2020, 06:24 AM
If you don't wear the skirt next time, you might re-introduce the topic of conversation. You could sit down and say, "Remember how last time I was here, we were talking about how cute your skirt is, and how comfortable they are? Well, you were right! They are comfortable!" :)

I have a feeling that they might suspect this side of your personality anyway, so why not go for it?

NancySue
05-22-2020, 08:44 AM
Yes..not just skirts, but skorts, tees, panties, etc are all so much more comfortable than men?s things. My wife totally agrees with the exception of bras and hose....which are my favorites...and comfortable. She just smiles.

DianeT
05-22-2020, 09:53 AM
The day women all wear pants and stop shaving and men all wear skirts and shave, some of us will be talking in these forums about the delicious swish of a denim against our hairy legs in a cold winter. Count me in that number, or there's something I didn't grasp about my crossdressing.

Heather2die4
05-22-2020, 10:16 AM
Glad to see you have already committed to wearing a skirt on your next visit. Hybrid mode is a big step as you cannot hide behind anonymity. Regardless of whether you think they know about your crossdressing by intuition, be sure to involve them in the experience. Ex: "I felt emboldened by your relaxed acceptance and decided to try it." Don't forget to send us a photo.

docrobbysherry
05-22-2020, 10:39 AM
And if skirts are so comfortable--howcum so many women wear pants?

Because they aren't, Jenn!:heehee:

Unless u have big, insulated legs! The only time I can wear skirts without some sort of leg coverings is hot, summer days. Even summer nites I need to wear tites with my skirts to keep from getting chilled!:sad:

Altho, I'll bet a lot of women wear pants is so they don't have to shave and make their legs pretty every day!:daydreaming:

michellecd9999
05-22-2020, 10:57 AM
I get it. And you have very nice, feminine legs. I do too! Check my pics on Flickr. I often get comments when I am out dressed.

Joyce Swindell
05-22-2020, 12:00 PM
I say wear the skirt next time. I'm pretty certain that they will recall the conversation. Once inside and recognized ?. laughter ? a response might go something like this ? "Hey! I'm ok in my manhood, and you were right! this IS quite comfortable!"

But in answer to your question I would think that coupled with the I'm ok in my manliness and the comfort of a flowy skirt, I don't know why not!

Jenny22
05-22-2020, 01:49 PM
Wear a micro-mini skirt and show them how really cool they can be.

Allison Chaynes
05-22-2020, 02:36 PM
At least weekly, I see men in kilts here in East TN. There's not much difference between a kilt and a skirt, honestly.

lingerieLiz
05-22-2020, 04:27 PM
I have had similar conversations. One girl told me at a women's store that they didn't have any thing my size. I've also had SAs tell me I should get that dress or sweater. When I started going on shopping trips with half a dozen women friends they were surprised how much I knew about clothes and lingerie.

Terri_Cross
05-24-2020, 10:22 AM
Conversations like that can be quite fun and sometimes educational. More than once I've ended up in conversations like that when an off the cuff question was asked in my direction. :)