PDA

View Full Version : Learning about women shoe sizes

Sophie62
03-30-2006, 01:30 AM
Hi Girls

I was very please for the warm welcoming given by the sisterhood. You can't imagine how excited I am about having a place to allow my femenine side to evolve. Hoping in time, I would learn more about myself and enjoy the fascinating world of womanhood.

As I mention in my introduction I have being borrowing female clothing (in secrecy) for a long, long time. So shoes, dresses , panties and bras (I do not have any breast) have not being of my appropiate size. Since I decided that I do want to give freedom to my femininity, I would like to start buying my own female clothing.

I would like to start with shoe sizes. How do I know my size in woman shoes?
Let's say I am in US size 8M. What would I be in woman's shoes? I have nice feet and I love sandals with 3 1/4 - 4 heel's inches. I also like sling-backs with the same high heels.

Sisters, I am going little by little, piece by piece. So, I would be of tremendous help if you could give your opinion on this matter. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Love

Sophie

Seven
03-30-2006, 01:49 AM
http://www.lushshoes.co.uk/shop/fittings.htm

I get my shoe's from here, so helpful and Lushshoes have a good emailing back up, always sending a little news letters, about the new range, I find Lushshoes helpful. No hang ups

It would be good to make a chart showing (Sisters sizes to male size) sorry I can not be more helpful at this time Sis Have a look here this may help you good charts here
http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

XXXXXXXXXX Seven

Barb Valentine
03-30-2006, 02:04 AM
I found the rule of thumb is to go 2 sizes bigger in a Lady's shoe
So if you are a size 8 mens you would need a size 10 womans

Seven
03-30-2006, 02:07 AM
I found the rule of thumb is to go 2 sizes bigger in a Lady's shoe
So if you are a size 8 mens you would need a size 10 womans

Have you seen the chart on
http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html Sis is it any good or helpful

XXXXXXXXX Seven

Jennaie
03-30-2006, 04:17 AM
Actually, I think you need to just find out what fits buy trying them on. I found that I wear the same size in a pump that I do in my mens shoe size and I can also find tennis shoes that fit in the same size as my mens shoes.

I would fall out of a womans shoe that was two sizes larger than my mens size.

This one good reason to always ask what their return policy is and how long you have to them.

Jennaie :be:

Joy Carter
03-30-2006, 04:29 AM
Hi Sophie glad your here, hmmm sizes surf the net and you will see alot on sizes and conversion charts for female to male sizes. Don't buy the first thing because I found that with a little looking you can get some great deals. Wow you are one lucky girl to be the hight and weight you are the choices are some what endless for you. Go into the archives and see what the other ladies have done in the past and it will guide you along in your quest toward womanhood goodluck and a big hug.

Teresa Amina
03-30-2006, 06:24 AM
I am in US size 8M. What would I be in woman's shoes?

I am a mens 8m also and find that womens 9 1/2 fit very well, also have some 9w which fit.

VeronicaMoonlit
03-30-2006, 08:20 AM
Actually, I think you need to just find out what fits buy trying them on. I found that I wear the same size in a pump that I do in my mens shoe size and I can also find tennis shoes that fit in the same size as my mens shoes.

Jennaie :be:

yeah, they changed the size scales (women have bigger feet than they used to) so the old 2 sizes bigger rule some of the online CD stores say is the way to gois out of date. And since shoes sizes vary so much, its a total guessing game. So like you said, good return policies are a must. And since the CD stores don't often allow returns on shoes, people might not want shop there, for shoes anyway :-)

And Zappos rules!

http://www.zappos.com

Veronica

Jennifer in CO
03-30-2006, 08:46 AM
I buy most of my shoes at Payless. They have about as good a selection as anyone in size 12 and depending on the style 13. But to answer your question, Their sizes run same to 1 over - meaning I wear a 12A (when I can find it) but most 12W womens fit fine. Pumps on the other hand require a 13W. Tennis shoes vary depending on the style as well with the same fit issues.
I wear womens shoes all the time for one big reason...they fit better and tons cheaper than buying mens shoes in my narrow size from a specialty shoe store.

Jenn

Tina Dixon
03-30-2006, 09:32 AM
I have read if its a open toe shoe go one size up in a womans shoe, if its not open toe go two sizes up, I wear a size 12 and I just go to a 14 in a womans shoe and don't have a problem and I seem to have enuff room for my flat feet.

DonnaT
03-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Shoe sizes are a problem with so many different makers, etc. Best try them on.

I wear a men's US 7.5 but a women's US 8.5. So the size charts aren't alway accurate.

As for other sizes:
The internet is fine if you know your sizes AND you trust the sizings listed on thw web site. There are a number of companie/manufacturers that size things to seem smaller than they really are.

Otherwise, it's best to shop in person. Start at a CD friendly store. Call ahead and ask if they will let you try on clothes.

If you can't find one, shop at a department store with both mens and womens clothes, Get what you want to try on in the womens section and go to the mens dressing room and try it on. Most of the places I shop do not have an attendant watching the dressing rooms.

Then there is the "string method" of shopping.

Take a long string, mark of the various body measurements using different color markers (red for waist, blue for chest, etc.) And use the string to measure the garment to see if it will fit. Guaranteed to work.

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=108688&highlight=string#post108688

michellecd9999
03-30-2006, 01:05 PM
I wear 8 of 8.5 in mens. I wear 9.5 womens (med width).
To check -You can go in a shoe store and use their measuring devise. It has both men's and woman's size on it. No one will know which one you are looking at! You can also go to a thrift store and try on a few pair. If anyone ask, tell them you are in a skit or going to a costume party and your wife or GF wants you to dress as a woman. I did that at a consignment store once and the women were all over helping me to find a dress and some shoes!
Michelle

Ashleigh Beth
03-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Sophie dear,
We're about the same height and shoe size - although I really envy your weight! I'm trying to get there too, but for now, I've found that the shoe width makes a tremendous difference. I usually wear a 10M in sandals, slides, flats, etc. But a nice classic pointed-toe pump requires an 11, unless it's a "wide." I can wear a 9 to 9 1/2 in some flats and lower heeled slides, etc.

I would think that a size 6 panty would fit you. I wear a 7. Wish I could help on the bra size, but don't think I've gotten that right for myself yet!

Good luck,
Ashleigh