PDA

View Full Version : Ankle Jewelry

Karyn
03-30-2006, 02:23 AM
OK, trivia question: Does it mean anything when you wear an anklet, or is it just fashion (or some might say fashion felony!). Does it matter whether it goes on the right or left? I almost always wear one, but I don't want to be unintentionally sending out a message.:eek:

Sophie_A
03-30-2006, 02:55 AM
I always wear mine on my right, dont know why it just feels comfortable like that, never been told either side has a meaning. I wear them because I like them.

GypsyKaren
03-30-2006, 04:06 AM
I think the only message it sends out is that you're as cute as you can be!

Karen

TGMarla
03-30-2006, 08:52 AM
:eek: Oh my God! Is that hosiery with open-toed sandals?!?!?!

Yeah, me too. Anyway, I love ankle bracelets. I have one I wear quite a lot. I always wear it on the left, and it's just a preference. It means nothing other than the fact that I have an ankle bracelet on my left ankle. Anyone who reads anything into it needs a hobby. But I only wear it with shoes that don't have an ankle strap. But that's just me. I personally think that they are a fashion accessory that is far too much ignored and underused. They're pretty, they're feminine, and I like them...a lot.

Lindahexi
03-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Marla I just wanted to say that your ankle bracelet looks really nice, it has made me decide to buy one. I did have a silver one some time back but I lost it.

Karyn I'll definitely wear it on my left ankle, the only reason I can give is that it wouldn't feel correct (to me personally) on the right leg.

LindaTS
03-30-2006, 09:34 AM
I've worn one for years now and always on the left ankle. Don't ask my why though. And I have to say that I feel naked without it.

Seven
03-30-2006, 09:56 AM
I Think It Looks Outstanding, I Wear One On Thr Right. Nice Photo

Xxxxxxxxxx Seven

barbie lanai
03-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Being right handed, it seems easier to put one on the left ankle. Never thought there was a hidden message as to which ankle. Seems a total of four messages would be feasible. None, left, right, both ankels.

TGMarla
03-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Here's a little better look at the one I have. It's nice and delicate, with little heart charms on it that you really can't see in the other pic I posted above. Why aren't these things more popular? I love 'em! I think they're just adorable.

(Notice the fashion felony here! Open toed shoes with hosiery! So shoot me.)

lela
03-30-2006, 01:17 PM
I love those shoes, and the bracelet is darling. I wear one on my left ankle, and I too feel lost without it.
Hugs
Lela

Ashleigh Beth
03-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Marla.... I agree... they're divine! I wear on the left also, and feel much more fem, sexy, etc. with my ankle bracelet. Lost a really cute one like yours, but going out tonight to get another!

Ms. Donna
03-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, me too. Anyway, I love ankle bracelets. I have one I wear quite a lot. I always wear it on the left, and it's just a preference. It means nothing other than the fact that I have an ankle bracelet on my left ankle. Anyone who reads anything into it needs a hobby.

I thought this was a hobby???

Mine never comes off - only its on the correct ankle: my right. :p (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Love & Stuff,
Donna

sherri
03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
How far back do ankle bracelets date? Did Egyptians wear them in ancient times? Indians, orientals? I can't believe girls weren't wearing them when I was a teen. I about died the first time I saw one on a girl - soooo sexy. And why is it that ankle bracelets and toe rings are so ... so ... well, suggestive? Is it just my dirty mind?

Now I'm trying to think - do GGs wear them over stockings, or just bare legs?

Tamara Croft
03-30-2006, 04:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anklet

SarahHall
03-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I alwaya wear my anklet on my left ankle.

Lisa Golightly
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Well mine doesn't have bells on it... Just a diamond crucifix, and I wear it on the right ankle.

Fainne the King
03-30-2006, 04:27 PM
In the summer, I wear the hemp type of anklets. I wear two on my right ankle and one on my left. It's just how I like it.

Sam-antha
03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
I am so glad to see that Tamara at least uses Wiki. Have any of the Britannica afficionados found "anklet" in their book of choice ?

I am sure there is a hidden messge. No replies from any other ggs so far .

Samm

BonnieJG
03-30-2006, 04:33 PM
I always wear a anklet on the right side 24/7 I love it :happy:

sherri
03-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the link, Tamara.

From Wikipedia: "Apart from the aesthetic considerations, it [anklet] is meant for attracting the male's attention." Well then, it's one of most effective gadgets ever invented!

When my oldest (21) was in high school, the boys around here were wearing those woven anklets from Abercrombie. I haven't noticed the 15 year old set wearing them, but we'll see this summer. On either sex, they're just so California.

Reana
03-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Being right handed, it seems easier to put one on the left ankle. Never thought there was a hidden message as to which ankle. Seems a total of four messages would be feasible. None, left, right, both ankels.

This is my second attempt at responding to this thread and had to try twice on another to get the post to show. Don't know if I had a blonde moment and failed to click "submit" (as opposed to "preview") on both or if there's a glitch in the system. Time will tell. Anyway, I love anklets. Seem to prefer the right ankle and I am left handed. There may be something to this. My greatest regret relating to anklets is that is is apparently unfashionable to wear one on both ankles at the same time. ;)

cosmolovesph
03-30-2006, 07:39 PM
I wear mine on the right, just 'cuz :D

As to over or under (stockings) I have seen both but prefer over.

Eric/a
03-30-2006, 10:24 PM
I've got a few anklets that I more or less made myself by taking out a few inches from what was a 14" or 16" necklace. I knew those three years I worked in the Service Merchandise Jewelry Department would be good for something!

On another topic that's been mentioned in this thread a couple of times, what is supposedly wrong with wearing hose with sandals, as long as they're not with a reinforced toe? Aren't they called "sandalfoot" for a reason?:D

Adrienne Heels
03-30-2006, 10:35 PM
I love an ankle bracelet...I just have to get one !!

Tina P Hose
03-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Ankle braclettes are excelent mine would be on the left side, but that is not a statement. Is it ? As long as it looks sexy.

Diannna
03-30-2006, 10:57 PM
I've got a few anklets that I more or less made myself by taking out a few inches from what was a 14" or 16" necklace. I knew those three years I worked in the Service Merchandise Jewelry Department would be good for something!

I like what Eric/a said. I don't have an ankle bracelet, but now I'm going to make a couple from some too short necklaces I have. Thanks Eric/a. Oh yes, I think I'll wear them on the left ankle.

Kathleengurl
03-31-2006, 03:59 AM
These chime a bit when i walk... i simply adore these (and other anklets).