PDA

View Full Version : (Face App) What do yo think?

Judy-Somthing
07-08-2020, 06:06 PM
As of now I'm a little disappointed with Face-App.

I find it so cool when a Guy puts the time an effort into cross-dressing.

Now with Face-App, if someone says you look great it's not real.

I spend at least 45 min. putting on makeup and quite a bit of time on hair.

Just ranting!

Micki_Finn
07-08-2020, 06:44 PM
I’m ambivalent. I personally wouldn’t use it. Why would I want to photoshop someone else’s face on my picture? So anonymous strangers who have never met me can think I don’t look anything like I do? I know I can go out in public and have people tell me that I look good for real.

That said, I don’t have anything against people who do use it. If that is what makes them feel good about themself, then great. I am just concerned that it may give crossdressers unrealistic expectations.

Sally Paradise
07-08-2020, 06:48 PM
I agree Judy, it doesn?t bother me when it?s used, but I like to see when people put the effort in! Plus, it is kinda obvious when it is being used.

Pixie_94
07-08-2020, 08:04 PM
I like it, it works better now and actually makes me look pretty, which I wouldn't be in any other way.

manemami
07-08-2020, 09:43 PM
When we cross dress in closet where do we look ? In the mirror and what we expect? A charming girl . Face app gives you that instant effect, it can't change or enhance our feeling of cross dressing it put icing on cake. I personally love this app as it gives me better looks in short time, I then watch me in photos as many times as I can.

Shelly Preston
07-09-2020, 03:46 AM
The Face App is fine if you use it for entertainment.

Its ok to dream

Even some super models have pictures cleaned up. That has affected too many young women in a negative way.

I would not want anyone to have a sense of disappointment if the met me only to find out I did not match my photo (with a face app).

I would suggest its not for anyone who is out and about on a regular or daily basis.

Keeping it real seems much better.

Helen_Highwater
07-09-2020, 03:51 AM
I tried it the other day. Just me drab , no makeup. Scared the he'll out of me. Put me off going out and about ever again.......nearly.

Charlotte Haynes
07-09-2020, 04:30 AM
I used one of my en femme photos and masculine-d it. I looked nothing like normal me. I appeared to be a different race, for one.

BTWimRobin
07-09-2020, 05:28 AM
I tried it just to see what I would look like and if there is any level of hope. I was very disappointed when I tried the female 1 and female 2 options. It looked like me with long hair. When I went into Fun and chose gender swap, I was taken away by the results. It gave me something to shoot for.

Ericka_d
07-09-2020, 06:51 AM
I've never been impressed with them, or the virtual makeup programs. The makeup programs always make me look more male. The face swap ones are weird to me. I don't know why, but I don't like them.

Krisi
07-09-2020, 07:52 AM
I can't see the point in doing any sort of photo editing on a 3X6" screen.

I have a program that runs on my computer that can apply makeup, mascara, etc. to my photo and that helps me see what I would look like fully made up. My computer screen is big enough that I ca do this and see the results clearly.

My phone is good for calling people though.

Karmen
07-09-2020, 07:56 AM
Until they make an "app" that can alter my face when I go out in real world, it's not very useful.
Maybe for posting your pictures if you don't want to show your real face when still in the closet, but who knows, if reverse engineering is also possible and someone can re-edit your picture and post your real face online after that.

Robertacd
07-09-2020, 08:38 AM
Read this before using FaceApp (https://www.marketwatch.com/story/having-fun-using-faceapp-think-again-you-give-up-more-data-than-you-think-with-this-russian-made-app-2019-07-17) — you give up more personal data than you realize on this Russian-made app

Aunt Kelly
07-09-2020, 09:09 AM
Agree with Shelly. If you're using for play or fantasy purposes, I think it's great fun. That includes avatar pictures here. Lots of members here are having fun with their "hobby", and I say that image manipulation is wonderful addition to that, but if you're using it to in any way hide "the real you", you're crossing a line.

MaryAnn1963
07-09-2020, 09:56 AM
I used it for one pic and deleted it... now I can see what I'd like to look like when I put in the work.

Teresa
07-09-2020, 10:11 AM
Judy ,
I had fun with editing packages and Photoshop years ago , nowday in 45 minutes I would have put my makeup on and dressed and been the the local supermarket and back .

I guess to some it really is a fascinating hobby .

missjoann49
07-09-2020, 11:54 AM
Judy you always look great

docrobbysherry
07-09-2020, 02:28 PM
I don't have PhotoShop.

And, why waste time playing around with face apps when I can put on a completely new face in under 10 seconds?:heehee:

Don't even have to shave off my beard and stash!:tongueout

Jenny22
07-09-2020, 03:11 PM
Krisi, please share your program with us, if you can.

kimdl93
07-09-2020, 04:59 PM
IF I was a closet dresser (not that there is anything wrong with that) it would be entertaining. However, I go out into in the real world, where the app serves no purpose at all. Beyond an amusing fiction, perhaps you can try out different looks before mastering them yourself, is simply another toy.

Molly Wells
07-09-2020, 06:04 PM
I had some fun with the app. I posted before and afters for each one. I was able to make so many "improvements" with face app that you have to look really hard to see the real me. All in fun, but wow, If it was only so.
I don't post a lot of pics but when I have they have always been "what you see is what you get."
The face app photos were just for a little fun. You can see them here...

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?270454-Molly-s-Face-App-fun

Michelle_G
07-09-2020, 10:25 PM
I fully agree Judy, for me the ultimate is getting all dolled up with makeup, wig, sexy clothes, and all the accessories. In my experience, face app gives quite a range of results. Some are pretty good, others I can't delete fast enough. It has given me a look at some hair styles I like. The virus situation and having everyone home also severely limits opportunities to dress. Warping a few photos with faceapp is about as good as it gets for now.

bobbi1957
07-10-2020, 01:02 AM
when i did it ,it made me look younger which im not lol

HelpMe,Rhonda
07-10-2020, 04:07 AM
I'm a fan. For closeted folk it's a way to get some happiness out of your day.

Photo manipulation has been going on since almost the start of photography.

When I get a compliment on one of my app'd up pics I do try to repeat that it's FaceApp or whatever. Try to caption or comment on every one what's going on digitally to get there, except in spots like here where it's used as an avatar or two and there's no captioning...

Erin77
07-10-2020, 06:46 AM
I have been having fun with the app. Effective word in that sentence is fun. It's fun to see what the outcome is. Also it gives me something to aim for. I leave the Faceapp water mark on them so I'm not seen as trying to pass off the picture as my results after hard work with makeup etc. Its an app, not real life.

That said I love some of my pictures from it!

Krisi
07-13-2020, 06:59 AM
Krisi, please share your program with us, if you can.

PortraitPro

https://www.anthropics.com/portraitpro/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImubfuZbK6gIVG-y1Ch1b6g9uEAAYASAAEgIctfD_BwE

There was some discussion about it here a while back. It's not expensive and works pretty well.

SaraLin
07-14-2020, 05:33 AM
For me it's a bit of a love-hate feeling.
I Love how it makes me look so good.
I Hate that the look is not achievable in the real world - at least not for me.

Devi SM
07-14-2020, 09:41 AM
As a transwoman I prefer the transparency and honesty..
I live full time as I meant to be, a woman.
I have instagram, Facebook (that repeat instagram) and tumblr, I remember when I was Uber, lyft driver, in the lyft app, the rider can have a profile pic too. Mostly women have a licnin the profile. I could see often very pretty women but when in the car it was a real deception.

The same happens in social media, I see everyday very pretty women but most of their pics are at least filtered so What's the purpose? When in person there are no filters and sometimes make up can do what filters do.

By the other hand, historically women wear make up, in many of them, the transformation is amazing but what happen when they wake up in the morning?

As a transwoman I have the need to look more feminine so I had been near a year in electrolysis . Before that I had the concept of to show to the world what a transwoman is so i could shave and wear make up without bears concealer, niw when I see those pics I feel bad. It's not something nice to see a man dressed as a woman and with not concealers. Our occidental minds are not ready for it.

Today, electrolysis has done a great job and no more concealers for the beard but he skin suffered some damage thst will take some months to recovery. I need some minimum make up, at least eyebrows, eyeliner, some blush but in the normal days at home I can wear nothing because what I always look is to be honest, transparent natural and people can see a real transwoman, i feel comfortable with me.

With my wife were taking about the same yesterday, she didn't know about some tools as filterns so I did an experiment with a pic so check down three pics, one some days ago, in the morning, no make up at all, other yesterday when come back for a doctor's appointment without filter and other that I applied a filter for the wrinkles.

I can deny im a 60 years older transwoman and people needs to learn about us.

For the rest, they can play with their face in apps as faceapp but for me, is just an illusion....

You can have your opinion but at the end of the day what really matters for me is my own opinion but I prefer to base it on reality...

Mho.

Devi

BrendaPDX
07-14-2020, 11:08 AM
I have to agree with Judy. But It takes me longer than 45 minutes... Way longer! But I don't get out much. I tried it, I liked it but on a very good day I can do as good or better myself. It was fun to salvage a couple of "bad makeup day" pics, but when is all said and done it isn't me in the picture. Besides I don't want to post a picture with a disclaimer. LOL

JocelynJames
07-14-2020, 11:34 AM
I?m fine with using it and those that do or don?t for whatever reasons. I have spent countless hours get ready before to(wait for it) not go anywhere. Take it for what its worth ; a harmless free app that allows somebody to daydream a bit. I?ve never looked as good as face app made me look and never will. I?m good with that too. Not going to take it that seriously.what I find ridiculous is the amount of traffic on my page since changing my avatar. All the CDs wondering “who’s the new girl” haha

KeiraKeane21
07-14-2020, 12:25 PM
I like to use the app as more of a way to see what I could look like, potentially. More as entertainment for me, but also as a sort of goal setter.
Honestly, since I started using it 2 weeks ago, my time spent dressing and living as the feminine me has skyrocketed. Like I'm amped up seeing those pictures as it reminds me, "Wow, she really is cute. And she's me!"

Pumped
07-14-2020, 09:21 PM
I don't see the point. I still look the same, it is a doctored picture of me that is not me. May as well choose a picture of some woman off the internet and paste her head on my body. Heck, may as well use her whole body too, it will certainly be better than mine!

Erin77
07-14-2020, 09:46 PM
I think it's fun. I use it as something to aspire to. Lol makes me see I could tone my neck up and look fab!!
It's an app. Use it how you will. Just remember it's not real. Makeup and time with a good wig are real to me. I just like how the app shows me

Sallee
07-15-2020, 12:18 AM
I really had fun with it. I realize its not real but It made this old girl look pretty good. But I can see why people don't like it. It does do a good job I was really amazed even for my guy self

Vale
07-15-2020, 09:39 AM
Hilarious. Not a snowball?s chance in hell I could ever really look like that. A laugh nonetheless.

Vale

MonicaPVD
07-16-2020, 06:29 AM
I finally decided to download FaceApp. The result was very nice and yet not at all what I look like when made up.

richelle52
07-16-2020, 08:51 AM
I was intrigued with all the buzz about FaceApp so I downloaded and tried it. I have to say I loved the way it made me look. I could never manage the makeup and how it smooths my features.

Genifer Teal
07-25-2020, 09:42 AM
What part of fake book is real anyway? We've had the ability to alter photos almost forever. It keeps getting easier and better-looking so it becomes more prevalent. Once the Snapchat filters came it got really hard to believe anything as if there was much to believe before that. This is just one more thing. Adobe the makers of Photoshop (it's a photo editing program you may have heard of) are actually working on technology that will authenticate photos and video in the future. Kind of solving a problem they created. LOL at some point it's going to be absolutely necessary. Even the human voice can be sampled and duplicated in less than 5 Seconds by software so you can make anyone sound like anyone else look like anyone else and move like anyone else. yes I've even seen a still photo turn into a perfectly choreographed dance routine by software. Basically nothing you see has to be real. Hopefully this Adobe authentication will get us to believe a few things we see once again.

paulinescotlandcd
07-25-2020, 02:54 PM
Phew, nice to know someone else takes 45 minutes to do makeup.

giuseppina
07-26-2020, 10:08 PM
(link removed) you give up more personal data than you realize on this Russian-made app

That's why I don't post pictures online for any reason. It won't be long before facial recognition works on people all over the world, not just those with light skin.