PDA

View Full Version : I contacted some bridal shops

nu2me26
07-16-2020, 12:33 PM
So my wife and I are going to be renewing our vows. We will be doing the traditional renewal ceremony, but I asked if we could do a second one where I can dress and go through the preparations that a bride would normally go through. Thankfully she said yes!! So I?ve messaged some bridal shops in hopes that they would be willing to work with me and hopefully they understand that I want to be respectful and not make a mockery of it. I?ll keep you all posted if it goes well. The plan would be to renew the vows next year, and likely in Vegas. I was able to talk to my friend who is a makeup artist and she agreed to be my bridesmaid and do my makeup!! I?m hoping to get this planned the way any bride normally would.

Natalie5004
07-16-2020, 12:43 PM
Wow, That sounds wonderful. Remember all the traditions.

VivianNewkirk
07-16-2020, 12:50 PM
Congratulations! "Something old, something new, ..."

Jenny22
07-16-2020, 02:17 PM
Nu, will your wife be a guy the second time? A guy has to remove your garter.

nu2me26
07-16-2020, 03:05 PM
We did discuss that. She is supposed to do all the traditions that a groom will do and I will do the ones a bride will do. Including, I have asked her to get me an engagement ring that matches what she thinks i would like

Di
07-16-2020, 04:05 PM
Nu, will your wife be a guy the second time? A guy has to remove your garter.

It is 2020 and two women can get married. Unless that is what your wife wants do not ruin it for her.
We had two ceremonies at Niagara Falls. I wanted it to be something special for both of us and we both had two totally different bridal looks lol. We both wanted to look pretty and have our perfect dream gown.
I dressed up as a guy when we did gender bender dances or drag shows I played Sonny ( Sonny and Cher) or Lee Greenwood and Nancy Sinatra for their songs . But nothing I wanted to do for our wedding.
So if that is something she suggests ...ok but my POV makes it both of your special day .
Have fun it will something to remember forever.

nu2me26
07-16-2020, 04:30 PM
Di, very true. We are planning two events. One in the more traditional sense with friends and family, this one will be private with her and I and a few close friends that know about my other self. But you are very right. I hadn’t thought to ask if she would like us to both have gowns and go as two women, so I will ask.

MaryAnn1963
07-16-2020, 07:19 PM
Sounds wonderful!!! Wish I could do the same...

bridget thronton
07-17-2020, 01:50 AM
Sounds like you will both be sensitive to each others feelings - have a great event

almalove
07-17-2020, 10:03 AM
that sounds wonderfull, not many of us get to live that dream

kimberly c
07-17-2020, 04:03 PM
I tried on wedding dresses at two bridal shops a?d the experience was incredible. Good luck . Hugs Kim

EmilySmith
07-17-2020, 04:14 PM
What a wonderful idea, and such kind and loving wife! Congrats and enjoy.