PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comment

Aka_Donna
07-17-2020, 08:38 AM
This has been an extremely stressful week as I was just laid off. Stess is off the chart. I use CD for stress relieve and mental focus as different personality, somewhat, at least negative thoughts get squashed. So I've been dressing more most of the morning to handle the most immediate and necessary items.

Yesterday I completed just before lunch and changed back. When dressed we mostly close the blinds as just us and some of our kids know.
Just wanted to give some background. After about 20 minutes, wife turned and said "my husband is back, and girlfriend left the building"

Just thought I'd share..

Shelly Preston
07-17-2020, 08:57 AM
What a lovely comment from your wife.

I hope you find another job soon.

April Rose
07-17-2020, 08:59 AM
This could be interpreted in a number of ways. I hope she is being supportive and not adding to what must be a very stressful situation.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I have been there myself, but that was not during a pandemic.

Stephanie47
07-17-2020, 09:03 AM
I agree with April Rose. Without the voice inflection and facial expression and other visual clues one can take the comment two ways. Hope she is supportive. Or at least not condescending.

Jemima Stephens
07-17-2020, 09:10 AM
I have been out of work twice in the past 2 years and agree that CDing is a great way of stepping out of your stressful world for a while and being someone else. I hope it was just a jestful comment and glad you can be open about your dressing with her

GretchenM
07-17-2020, 09:17 AM
There are different interpretations; there almost always are. But it is apparent that your wife realizes that the change settles your mind down and that will allow you to think more clearly about how to handle the situation which is almost always devastating to a person's self image, even if it is only temporary. In my mind, you are not really turning to a different personality as if it is a different form of identity. You are utilizing something within your full identity to help calm the whole person. It is easy to think that we have two identities. The science says that is not the case. We have an assemblage of many male-like and female-like neural networks that our brain can turn on or turn off to alter the thinking into a more stable mode which settles the disruption down so your brain can tackle the cause of the disruption in a more thoughtful way. The statement that "my husband is back" is an indication that she now recognizes you even though the exterior picture is different. She recognizes the person on the inside and considers the external appearance as just a different cover on the book.

Krisi
07-17-2020, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure I would take that as a good comment. Of course, I don't kow your wife or anything about the relationship. I would have preferred her saying nothing about it.

Joyce Swindell
07-17-2020, 11:26 AM
Come on folks.....she considers her both husband and girlfriend.....how great is that?
Why turn it negative?

Natalie5004
07-17-2020, 11:29 AM
Come on folks.....she considers her both husband and girlfriend.....how great is that?
Why turn it negative?

I would take that as a positive comment.

docrobbysherry
07-17-2020, 01:35 PM
Best heading ever, Donna!:thumbsup:

"Interesting Comment", says it all!:brolleyes: