PDA

View Full Version : Interesting perspectives

lingerieLiz
07-20-2020, 12:46 AM
I was at a friend?s home yesterday with my wife and women friends who we partied with and went on shopping trips many times with over the years. We were talking about the trips we took to various distant locations to shop and what we had bought. They all know I wear women?s clothes so that wasn?t an issue. I had on a pair of white capris, with pretty sandals, a silky thin green blouse and bra. My blouse came up when someone asked if it was silk which it was.

We talked about earrings. How bad clothes are made today. How when we were growing up what we wore. We talked about girdles back in the day. Silk and nylon hose. I was one of the few who ever wore silk hose. Slips came up and how you pulled up your skirt to keep your wool skirt from being stretched. White sheer blouses with lace boddice slips. I think we all had one slip that stood out in our memories. One of the women told about borrowing a petticoat from me. They all thought it was funny.
The end conversation was that they all were glad to not wear dresses all the time anymore

Micki_Finn
07-20-2020, 02:10 AM
Sounds like a pleasant conversation.

Kay J
07-20-2020, 06:29 AM
:( to bad most ladys don't like wearing a dress anymore! Well all the more for us what a shame!!!

alwayshave
07-20-2020, 06:45 AM
Liz, That's a great story. Wish I had a group of girls I could talk with.

Stephanie47
07-20-2020, 11:08 AM
Nice to have people outside of the immediate family who are accepting. When summer arrives and it gets warmer my wife tends to pull out summery dresses which are cooler than wearing any sort of garments that hug the legs.

On a more serious note, please watch out for COVID-19 when meeting in a non-family group. In my small city, four women got together for a birthday luncheon and all got infected by one lady. In turn two husbands got infected.

Crissy 107
07-20-2020, 11:38 AM
You are one lucky girl having a fun group like that. I am definitely envious.

Kim Summers
07-20-2020, 02:30 PM
You are one lucky girl having a fun group like that. I am definitely envious.

Exactly my thoughts Crissy. x

docrobbysherry
07-20-2020, 05:28 PM
Excellent post, Liz. Glad u had fun. However, it reminded me why chatting with a gaggle of hens is as boring for me as a pack of guys!:sad:

Women go on and on about kids and clothes. Most of their clothes I wouldn't be caught dead in!:battingeyelashes:

Guys go on and on about work, cars, and golf! Kill me please! :doh:

Judy-Somthing
07-20-2020, 08:40 PM
I guess I'm crazy but, I feel a woman in a dress is so cool and every woman I know who doesn't wear dresses seems to always wear them on speacal occasions!
Because they know it's when they look their best!

docrobbysherry "Guys go on and on about work, cars, and golf! Kill me please!" Not me , I'll take wearing a dress over golf any day!

Connie D50
07-21-2020, 05:50 AM
Liz I think that is what I like the most the way ladies can communicate with each other and to just be one of the ladies would be a so fun. Connie

Denice
07-22-2020, 06:40 PM
:( to bad most ladys don't like wearing a dress anymore! Well all the more for us what a shame!!!

We have to be gentlemen and wear their dresses for them. It's chivalrous and polite.