PDA

View Full Version : 1st time dressing for my wife

sally anne
03-30-2006, 08:26 PM
I want to dress for my wife. She has known for 3 years that I do, but has never seen me in my fem clothes. Any ideas on what I should wear?

Tina Dixon
03-30-2006, 08:35 PM
I have never been there, but a nice casual look is in store, no mini skirts and no clevage thing.

Lawren
03-30-2006, 09:29 PM
I would suggest you put on your best casual well dressed lady outfit for the 1st "encounter" You don't want to shock her into rejecting your crossdressing by wearing something too wild. 1st impressions and all that. Just try to be ralaxed and natural. It will really add to the image you project to her. Good luck and enjoy.

RenaCD
03-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I would suggest you put on your best casual well dressed lady outfit for the 1st "encounter" You don't want to shock her into rejecting your crossdressing by wearing something too wild. 1st impressions and all that. Just try to be ralaxed and natural. It will really add to the image you project to her. Good luck and enjoy.

Great Advice, the best of Luck and good wishes Sally thats a big step and you well do fine.

Big Hugs Rena

DawnLabelle
03-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Try to go for something that her friends would wear, something your age. If youre in your 20s, a fun skirt and colorful top. Nothing ****ty at all and try to not go for the 8 inch platform heels either IMO, if yorue into that, bring it up a bit later.

Dawn

HaleyPink2000
03-30-2006, 10:45 PM
1st glances are the big things. My wife did see me in underwear first. Then shoes with the underwear later on. One step at a time and all you know. Building slowly to the day I dressed fully infront of her. I did not do it for Her that is the first thing I want to tell you. I dressed just to dress. Then walked through the front room to the hallway then to the computer room.

She came in after a while to express Her dislikes about me dressing. I just looked at her and tried not to say much to start any arguments. That night She did go to bed crying for about two hours. I did go in and hold Her, for all that night. Since then things are some better. She still tells me I'm going to Hell and other things. Whats She know, is how I figure that one. I've read some but not all of the Bible. I don't think I'm going to hell. At least not for Crossdressing.

We now go to my TriEss meetings and stay in a Hotel over night in the town they are in. She does not attend.

Next weekend She's going again, as She just told me. I'll try again to get Her to attend the meeting. But most likely She won't. My wife was worked into this slowly. Over years of a little at a time. But I'd be afraid of an all at once thing.

dancinginthedark
03-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi,
There is a lot more to it than just what to wear IMHO. ;) For me what worked was casual and sassy with a nice mini and silk sweater with stockings and heels. What works for your wife is more about her comfort levels and what she finds acceptable. I think the other ladies here are on the money as far as chosing a style. I would like to offer some other things for you to consider. Here is how my [and his/her] experience went the first time I met the other woman in our life's.
[NOTE: My husband " fully dressed" for me for the first time recently.] We talked first about what I would feel comfortable with. Would I feel better seeing him/her in panties first? Yes. So I bought some, actually several pairs for him to model for me to see which "I" preferred. It really was more about me and my comfort zone. I hate to sound just that needy and insecure but I was and I am. It was not hard to get used to the sight of him in ladies panties. I actually prefer he/she wear them all the time now. I love the way they feel and yes, I love the way they look too. :D
Plus it went a long way towards making me comfortable because I was reassured that if at any time I felt freaked out, scared or in any way upset we would stop and he/she would take the clothes back off until I was ready to try again. By taking the time to make sure I was comfortable and taking baby steps we moved along fairly quickly to seeing him..errr her in a skirt, panties and stockings next. Then skirt, stockings, panties, and heels. You get the idea. By the time we were ready to try "fully dressed" I realized I had already seen him "fully dressed" because I had bought several outfits and insisted he/she try them on and model them for me. We talked fit and style etc...and then it occurs to me, "Huh, so this is what DH looks like fully dressed. Looks nice. Go figure.”
In all honestly the “dressing “ was the easy part of all of this for me. [Seeing him dressed as a she I mean.] It is all the other things that have changed that threw me. The things that go along with dressing I wasn’t told or warned about. Like how he really does become a she. And how she thinks and feels are all new to me too. I have a whole new person to get to know, to learn to live with and to love.
If you have not already read it there is a post about how we GG's have good days and bad ones and how we seemingly change our minds…A LOT. :o I asked my own DH to please read it. I knew I was not consistent with my acceptance of things, but I was having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. Here is the link. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12890
Best of luck to you and your lady…and her and her’s.
(((hugs)))
Mae

BrendaB GG
03-31-2006, 02:02 PM
I would definitely go on the casual side. The first time I saw Tori fully dressed she wore a simple sweater and knee length denim skirt. She looked great.

One thing that I hear a lot of GG's complain about is mini-skirts. A male body tends to have long lean legs, which are more conducive to short skirts. Many GG's do not wear mini-skirts because their curves make them feel 'fat'. So if you come out looking hot in a mini-skirt, there may be a feeling of being 'less-than' for your partner. So tread carefully there if you are looking for support and acceptance.

Good luck!
Brenda

Jenniffer
03-31-2006, 02:16 PM
I would go conservative, specially if your wife is self conscious about any part of her, and if she is not go for it and be what you want to be.

Enjoy

Janniffer

Julie Avery
03-31-2006, 02:27 PM
If she's ever expressed a desire to see how you look when you dress, you might ask her to tell you what she'd like to see you in, from the choices in your wardrobe. If she's never expressed that desire, I'd have second thoughts about dressing for her. In that case maybe I'd let her see me in male mode with a woman's top that is *almost but not quite* passable as a man's t-shirt, something like that.

Joy Carter
03-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Good advice Julie Avery, but hey Sally you have talked to her about this first right ? I just know how ticked of my SO was the times I tried "wrong move" dog house for days.

Elsie GG
04-01-2006, 10:09 PM
If a CDer has an opportunity to talk with their SO before being dressed en femme, it would probably be less shocking. I came home early one day from church, and Dian was in full dress and early attempts at make-up (no wig or breasts at that time). The first thing I saw was the bright red lip stick (trial shade). Keep away from extremes, especially with make-up. How your face looks is important. Do you look like the same person except for the dress? Work together to see what she is comfortable with, and if possible proceed at a pace that is good for both of you. Provide on-going comments that you are still the loving husband of boyfriend she had before she know you were a CDer. You can love her more if you are free to express that nurturing side of you. Be knowlegable about CDing.

A major point that I discovered, is that to get used to something I had to be around it. I mentioned this to Dian so she could help me understand. If I was uncomfortable with lipstick - I needed Dian to wear it (but maybe a more subtle shade), so I could become comfortable with it. Same with breast forms and wigs. We started with a halloween wig. Dian used that for a while, until we figured out how to go shopping out of town for a nicer one. Dian also used some home-made breast fillers and a bra from the local value village to see if it really was important. She needed to wear them around me for awhile before I got used to it. Then finally about 8 months after I walked in on Dian - we both went to the breast form store so I could participate in her fitting. This was only after I agreed that it was worth the investment.

Maybe all this was easier for me because I don't think that clothing makes the person. It's the person's heart and soul that resides within the body. So after I got over the initial shock, I have been able to enjoy Dian's freedom to be herself when ever she wants. Coming out of the closet has generated a renewal of our relationship because we both have the freedom to grow together and nothing to hide. I am very lucky (and so is Dian) that we have such a great friendship, and relationship.