PDA

View Full Version : A funny time in a local shop

Bobbi46
07-21-2020, 09:24 AM
Yesterday was roasting here and I needed my doors and windows open to try and keep cool but soon got inundated with flies! none on me though lol ! I was wearing a reasonably short skirt but not so short that if I bent over my panties could be seen, it was shorter than I normally wear, A black lace top matched the skirt nicely. Having needed some other things I went to the shop, got what I wanted including a fly swat, passing the things over for the woman to check them through, she lastly picked up the fly swat and playfully made to swat me! what happened next? my sense of humour got the better of me and I bent over, turned and looked at her and patted my bottom!
Both of us had a good laugh and I left the shop with a big smile on my face!!

Crissy 107
07-21-2020, 09:43 AM
Bobbi, Good for you, we all need to smile more!

Kim Summers
07-21-2020, 09:46 AM
Bet that made her day. x

candykowal
07-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Being siily is fun! Especially when you're feeling comfortable with yourself out and about in the public eye.
I often go grocery shopping dressed nicer than most women who are doing the same.
One of the lady cashiers, close to my age seems always so happy to see me, in her line, as she likes to checkout what ensemble I am wearing today.
She saw I had a bottle of wine on the conveyor and asked me, "What did the grape say when it got stepped on?"
I knew where she was going with this and told her, "...Oh, I know they don't say much my friend, they just give out a little wine!"
So we laughed and I am sure she appreciates that I can make her day go by a little faster.
People who deal with the public directly, sure have it tough especially during these days!

Stephanie47
07-21-2020, 10:36 AM
Nice story, Bobbi. I do agree it can be a tough job to be a grocery store cashier. At my local Fred Meyer (Kroger) there is a female grocery clerk/cashier who started there in late 1976. She is semi-retired now; working one or two days per week. She was just out of high school when she started. She always recognizes her customers and chats with them. She's been there for almost 44 years. I often think with her personality, if she had more opportunities coming out of high school she could have really gone places.

Teresa
07-21-2020, 10:54 AM
Bobbi,
Blame it on the hot day , it does funny things to the brain ! Were you also a SWAT at school ?

docrobbysherry
07-21-2020, 11:12 AM
Bobbi, in SoCal, across the pond, we mostly have screens over all our windows that open. And, many doors, too.:thumbsup:

Altho, flying pests r not a big problem here, it just takes one big ugly fly to ruin a meal. Or, one buzzing mosquito to ruin a good nites sleep!:doh:

Bobbi46
07-21-2020, 02:05 PM
Teresa
Definately not! but worked with our equivalent of the SWAT teams!
Sherry,
There's no flies on me !! lol but spot on with the Mozzies.

in this little shop there is a big clear plastic screen with rectangular hole through which you pass your purchases, it was so much fun and made my day

EmilySmith
07-21-2020, 06:38 PM
A good smile and a laugh go a long way! We can all use more.

alwayshave
07-21-2020, 06:52 PM
Bobbi, That's funny.

AngelaYVR
07-21-2020, 07:16 PM
Swatting, swotting and sweating in this sweltering heat! Luckily time flies when sharing a smile.

Bobbi46
07-22-2020, 02:23 AM
it was fun for sure, knowing my sense of humour the locals could be in for a lot more as time passes by

BTWimRobin
07-25-2020, 05:46 AM
Hi Bobbi,

So happy you're having fun. Cute story!