PDA

View Full Version : An interesting experience

Jodi
03-30-2006, 09:08 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I was in another city for a seminar. On Saturday, after the conference, I was sitting in the hotel bar with several other guys who had attended with me. I noted a guy and a girl walk into the bar and sit at the table next to us. She was facing me and his back was to me. The funny thing is that I have known the girl and her SO for about 5 years. I had never seen her SO in drab and they had never seen me in drab. I'm sitting there wondering how I can let them know who I am without letting the guys I'm sitting with on to what is happening. After a couple of minutes of us guys chatting, I glanced over to the girl, and our eyes met. She got a little smirk on her face. I started to laugh. She looked at me and quietly mouthed the word "jodi?" I nodded my head, excused myself, got up and went over to join them. She had not made the connection visually, but her SO, who was sitting with his back to me, recognized my voice. We got a good laugh out of it, seeing each other in drab for the first time. Nothing like a couple of cd buds meeting out in public for the first time. When I returned to my table, the guys wanted to know who the people were. I just replied that it was friends and nothing else was said.

So the voice is definitely a good giveaway to someone who knows you.

Jodi

Jan W
03-31-2006, 04:33 AM
Great story Jodi, I love coincidences.

RachelDenise
03-31-2006, 05:27 AM
How funny! The world just keeps getting smaller!

Joy Carter
03-31-2006, 06:19 AM
So nice to read the story so many lives have touched in a positive way here.

Raychel
03-31-2006, 08:01 AM
A very interesting twist to the same old passing story. Will the know me if I go out in drag. Or will they know me if I am dressed in drab. Thanks for sharing that great event.

MsEva
03-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Great story...what a small world eh?:D