PDA

View Full Version : An old resource I forgot about gets a remodel

Robertacd
08-07-2020, 11:23 AM
I remember reading about this place in Seattle years ago when I first started accepting and exploring my CD/TG beyond home. The place is called TranSpace (http://www.transpace.transg.org/index.htm) but don't let the "Trans" scare you because they describe it as "TranSpace is a place for crossdressers to change clothes in Seattle."

Last night I Zoom watched a virtual tour of their newly remolded facilities offering plenty of privacy in a welcoming home style atmosphere. (The website pictures are way out of date)

But it reminded me of what a great resource this is and how it might be a resource others could be looking for that may already exist (this one has been around Seattle in one place or another for like 20 years) or to start in their community.

docrobbysherry
08-07-2020, 11:47 AM
They had a few of them in LA back in the days before Caitlyn. Now, I believe they're all long gone!:daydreaming:

AllieSF
08-07-2020, 11:54 AM
They also had 1 in San Jose, Carla's, that I am not sure if it is still open. They offered a few lockers for 24 hour access with a key to the building and then the locker area. San Francisco might have had one or more there too. I had met a few people that used Carla's and then loved it because Carla also had a store and electrolysis in the same facility and a big room with chairs and couches for informal and more organized meetups for their clients. I tried on my first silicone breast forms there. Quite the experience.

Stephanie47
08-07-2020, 02:46 PM
Thanks for refreshing my memory. I believe there was also a group of ladies who dined together and had group meetings.

Robertacd
08-07-2020, 09:09 PM
You are probably thinking of the Emerald City Social Club (https://www.theemeraldcity.org/), a couple of the members were the founders of TranSpace. The ECSC still had events regularly pre-Covid.

abby054
08-17-2020, 03:26 AM
Portland has something like this. http://www.victoriasrainbow.tv/storageanddressingroom.html It is part of a business offering a range of transformation, dressing, storage, B&B, and social activities. Like everything in Oregon, the virus has led to restrictions in availability.

Krisi
08-17-2020, 06:54 AM
That would solve a lot of people's problems. I'm confident going out in public but not leaving or returning to my own house. I have to change in the car in parking lot somewhere. A place like this would solve that problem.

I'll have to see if there is one near me.

suzanne
08-17-2020, 10:28 AM
I like Doc's comment. I would love to live in a world where such places, and this website, don't exist because they are no longer necessary
as well as DADT and secret stashes, etc. People born with male bodies can dress however they please because all taboos have been lifted. Maybe that's coming true in the LA area, and maybe its spreading. In the meantime, this forum serves a very valuable service and I still love it.