PDA

View Full Version : Masks and the self confidence to go out

Mtempel
08-09-2020, 01:40 PM
I?m just wondering whether any others on this board have used the current pandemic and the requirement to wear facemasks as a great opportunity to go out and be bolder en femme ? I have ventured outside several times and driven while dressed but never around any people, and I think this current environment might make a great opportunity to get closer to others ( not too close of course) while dressed. I know it?s just a baby step but it?s still a big one for me.

stefjones13
08-09-2020, 02:17 PM
Good luck and enjoy it. It will get easier with time I was out the other day. As I am not very good with makeup masks make it a lot easier. As long as my mannnerisms are appropriate I don?t get too many stares

kimdl93
08-09-2020, 02:46 PM
Masks certainly do provide an extra level of distraction from masculine lips and jawline. I think its a good basis for building your confidence when you are out.

VivianNewkirk
08-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Here I am doing the grocery shopping. Without a mask I need lots of time for proper makeup. With a mask I've just been doing most all of my errands as Vivian.

April Rose
08-09-2020, 03:06 PM
One can never be positive of course, but my "trans-dar" was buzzing the other day when on a bike ride I passed what I am pretty sure was a sister wearing a mask to walk her dog. She was tastefully dressed in colorful leggings. Definitely a blendable outfit, but something about her neck and shoulders made me read a male body.

Ironically, this happened just after I left from a socially distanced visit with another sister I know locally.