PDA

View Full Version : Taken Today- Rated PG-13- Thigh highs vs. Panty hose

Marlene4a
11-01-2004, 12:33 AM
Well, I don't know, make sure the kids are in bed before you open up this thread with a pic like this one.

Anyone have a similar pic with thigh highs ?
I prefer thigh highs. Anyone second the nomination.

JoannaDees
11-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Nice Marlena. My eyes do gravitate towards your face, pretty, pretty and nice smile.

JoannaDees
11-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Oh yeah, forgot, thigh highs only for me too!

Marlene4a
11-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Thank you Joanna. Us California girls have to stick together.

Love
Me

Bonnie-OR
11-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Hi Marlene and Joanna
As another displaced California girl, I'll have to say I vote for thigh-highs too, altho' I occasionally will wear some pantyhose. Just something about the feel of the stockings, and throw in a garter belt and all is good.
Huggs, Bonnie

Ava Mouse
11-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Me too! Me too! :)

http://206.124.158.116:8888/ava/temp/thighhighs.jpg

CindyT
11-01-2004, 12:55 AM
I am crazy for thi-hi's too!

I have several pair, black, white, ivory, suntan, nude and beige.

CindyT

Marlene4a
11-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Well girls, it looks like so far the "thigh highs" are winning the election.
I did wear pantie hose for a while until I discovered the both seemed and seemless "Vanessa" brand of french type thigh highs.

They seem to be the most durable.
I would always be a bit (pissed) when I would get a new pair of thigh highs and put a "run" into them while putting them on. ( Accomplished by the long painted finger nails)
These particular thigh higs are a bit pricey but worth it in the long "run" ( no punn intended)

Marlene4a
11-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Ava: I still remember what you said about you being the artist, and your body the canvass ( correct me if I am wrong in the quote).
But, that sounded nice, and very applicable to what we do.

Thank you for that.
I have a wife who is an oil painter, and she is doing an oil painting portrait of me as "Marlene"

She did one of me about 20 years ago, when we owned our sailboat, but not as Marlene, but as a real " old salt".

Love

Mn.Marilyn
11-01-2004, 07:29 AM
I have been reading alot about runs in our hose when putting them on, I purchased a pair of satin wrist lenght gloves that I wear when I put on my pantyhose or thigh hi's. I got these from Henery and Junes intimates store online. Give them a try they save on the pantyhose.

Bobbie13
11-01-2004, 10:35 AM
yes thigh highs are my prefernce too.just posted some pics yesterday.

genevieve_ohara
11-01-2004, 12:03 PM
You two are gorgeous!

I love the photographs...the stockings are red hot!

Oh...and Marlene...the straight wig is killer!

Love

G

Anita
11-01-2004, 02:44 PM
thigh highs do it for me!

Stephanie Brooks
11-01-2004, 02:58 PM
I have been reading alot about runs in our hose when putting them on, I purchased a pair of satin wrist lenght gloves that I wear when I put on my pantyhose or thigh hi's. I got these from Henery and Junes intimates store online. Give them a try they save on the pantyhose.
For moistuizing, I rub Nivea into my legs after shaving and showering. Just before donning hose, I rub Nivea into my hands; it eliminates picking the hose and especially running them.

I typically keep extra pairs of hose in stock. Occasionally I'll still run a pair when putting them on. I just toss 'em, put on a new pair, and forget it. After awhile, you run and/or pick them about the same as any woman.

samanthajay
11-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Me too! Me too! :)

http://206.124.158.116:8888/ava/temp/thighhighs.jpg
ava you are out standing :D

Amelie
11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Once again, I am different, I like tights, the more opaque the better.
Maybe winters here are cooler than in California,, maybe that's why I like tights. I have never owned thigh higs. I would like to have a pair of Black and White stripe thigh high's, the kind that don't use gaters, sort of like very long socks.
Love Amelie

Saffron
11-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Definitely thigh hi's for me, panty hose just doesn't look or feel right. I'm with Maude, I was hoping Genevieve would post some pics of her thigh hi's

genevieve_ohara
11-01-2004, 05:46 PM
If I ever, ever get within 100 miles of having GREAT legs like Marlene and Ava do, I'll post pics. But for now, I'll just leave it up to them...wow...

Love

G

chocolateboygirl
11-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Once again, I am different, I like tights, the more opaque the better.
Maybe winters here are cooler than in California,, maybe that's why I like tights. I have never owned thigh higs. I would like to have a pair of Black and White stripe thigh high's, the kind that don't use gaters, sort of like very long socks.
Love Amelie

I agree with Amelie.. I like opaque tights, especially the microfiber variety. It gets hella cold up here in Canuckistan, so sheer doesn't cut it!

cbg

Sweet Susan
11-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Ava, you are stunning! Such a sweet, sweet thing.

Wenda
11-01-2004, 09:19 PM
thigh highs, stockings and boots, although I do have a set of net pantyhose that are quite cool, and a very complex set of stockings that are like pantyhose without panties, just a waistband and a couple of suspenders for each stocking. You have to be sooo careful removing them, or they are screwed up forever. thigh highs, like the black ones I am wearing now, with my fav ankle high boots. wenda.

jessicadiane
11-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Well since pantyhose is getting hammered in the poll I will add my voice lol.I am a total pantyhose girl. I won't wear anything else. There is nothing like having your entire lower body encased in nylon

Marlene4a
11-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Well girls, so far it is a landslide win for thigh highs.
However, Jessica makes a good argument for the lower body encased in nylon. Sounds nice.

Chocolateboygirl has another good arguement. Being "really out of town" such as Canuckistan,in that climate, wearing thigh highs outside, would definetely cause your b.... to freeze off.

Love
Me

Nanci
11-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Well since pantyhose is getting hammered in the poll I will add my voice lol.I am a total pantyhose girl. I won't wear anything else. There is nothing like having your entire lower body encased in nylon
Oh, yes, I love the feel of pantyhose! I have two pairs of control top pantyhose, tan and black, and just love the feeling of being "held in" so completely. I even love the feel of walking in them!

But, on the other hand. . . I have thigh highs and love wearing them, too. I'm just schizophrenic, I guess, or maybe this just means that I love all types of nylon stockings!

Marlene4a
11-02-2004, 01:24 AM
By the way Genevieve, thank you for the wonderful compliment.
I also agree with you regarding Ava's fine set of "pins" as Julie would say.

Hi Julie!!.
By the way, I loved your photos when you did the beautiful eye shadow. Really a work of art.

Love
Me

Sweet Susan
11-02-2004, 01:29 AM
You know me, Marlene, nothing but thigh highs for this girl.

Marlene4a
11-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Yes I do know you Susan, and you have always looked gorgeous in them.

Me.

Marlene4a
11-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Anita: I apologize, I forgot to welcome you to this forum.

Please post more.

Marlene4a
11-02-2004, 10:56 PM
I have to admit Nanci, that the control tops of panty hose have been my favorites for quite a long time.

Marlene4a
11-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Here are some pics that indicate the difference.

I still elect thigh highs, however sometime panty hose works.....
You be the judge

Love

Rachel Ann
11-03-2004, 12:26 AM
This California girl likes thigh highs of good quality - I just love Hanes Sheer Elegance although they are a little pricey.

Cheaper ones don't come far enough up my legs, bind and chafe, and start to sag down before the day is out.

As soon as I get a waist cincher or equivalent I will give pantyhose another try. In my "natural" shape they just don't fit right.

Marlene4a
11-03-2004, 12:43 AM
You sound so beautiful Rachel. You must be quite a doll. Of course, you are a California Girl. ( Joanna, you listening).

You cannot go wrong with Hanes. You might want to stick with them.

So far so good with me on the "Vanessa" side with thigh highs.

Love
Me

P.S. You must post some more doll.

Rachel Ann
11-03-2004, 01:01 AM
*blushes* thank you, Marlene!

Today being election day, I wore my very best black Hanes stockings, panties and camisole. (Until I can do something about my top, I am wearing slightly-too-small stretch lace camisoles for the feel. Bras in my future!)

Anita
11-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Hi Marlene .Thanks for welcome
pic 1 tights
pic2 stockings

vote now!

Donna Louise
11-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Ava, Outstanding pic. ;)

I have pantyhose, suspender pantyhose, garters and stockings and thigh highs. I must say none look as good on me!

I must say depending on what I wear my personal preference is anything but pantyhose. With that said I do love this silky feel of floaty skirts against a pair of pantyhose as I walk.

Once again Ava, Outstanding pic.

Hugs
Donna

Rachel Ann
11-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Great gams, Anita!

Marlene4a
11-05-2004, 01:44 AM
You have very nice Legs Donna.

Love
Me

Sharon
11-05-2004, 02:03 AM
I wear them all. I always wear hose under my slacks, sometimes even under my drabs. But when dressed in a pretty dress or skirt, I usually put on stockings. My preference is for the stretchy ones that don't require a garter belt which I save for just the more special occasions.