PDA

View Full Version : The word " Crossdressing ", may be outdated onDay

Bruce64
08-21-2020, 11:25 AM
I have been noticing more and more Companies are making clothing that fits and suitable for both Male and Females, just recently I got Panties from Hanro without gusset lining and it describes Panties with " Crotch " with no lining, I got a bottle of Fragrance from Fredrick Malle for both Male and Female, I have been seeing Mens Pants with Flowers and Lace, the Workd is changing and I am wearing my Brassiere with Breastform more often outdoor, I seen pantyhose too with no control, who are all these things making for?? Imagine a World without dressing barriers, wear what you love, love what you wear.

Liz Jones
08-21-2020, 11:40 AM
With Trousers with"flowers &lace" wouldn't fancy my chances round here dressed in them!

Robertacd
08-21-2020, 12:09 PM
No, fashion is cyclical.

Look at the late 60's men wore all kinds of lace, colorful, flowery, and dare I say feminine tops, high waist slacks, bell-bottoms, etc...

By the late 70's nobody wore anything like that.

Designers have released skirts and even dresses for men more than once.

Androgynous fashion and clothing is nothing new either...

There will always be "men's" and "women's" fashion and clothing.

Shelly Preston
08-21-2020, 12:23 PM
Companies will always adapt to anything that can make them a profit.

I don't see the term disappearing anytime soon.

Micki_Finn
08-21-2020, 01:03 PM
Oh fashion is cyclical. Look at the late 60's men wore all kinds of lace and colorful, dare I say feminine tops, bell-bottoms, etc...

By the late 70's nobody wore anything like that.

Androgynous fashion is nothing new either... There will always be "men's" and "women's" fashion.

This exactly.

GaleWarning
08-21-2020, 01:17 PM
How I wish!

docrobbysherry
08-21-2020, 02:29 PM
And, maybe pigs will fly or it will rain and cool down into the 70's tomorrow here in SoCal!:devil:

Robertacd
08-21-2020, 02:39 PM
BTW: Pantyhose without a control top are made for women who don't want or need a control top, not men...

Marianne S
08-21-2020, 03:50 PM
What Robertacd said.

If you think this is any trend toward "permanent change" and "gender convergence," I strongly advise you to get over it! I'm sorry, but it's wishful thinking! As Kipling famously remarked: "East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet." We can always have mutual respect, but we will never think or feel the same way. Similarly, there will always be differences between male and female clothing, because Nature dictates that there will .always be differences between males and females!

Stephanie Julianna
08-21-2020, 07:38 PM
I've been waiting a long time for that. Not going to happen. But on the bright side, I have noticed that when I do get read there is much more acceptance and I have even heard kudos for the effort from gg SA's.

Teresa
08-22-2020, 06:45 AM
Liz,
Saying that from the UK Flowerpower capital !

Bruce,
Please answer why then do retailers and Online outlets still label " Womens " when looking at items .

I still feel the majority of men are reluctant to stray into a female clothes section for fear of what people might think and yet a woman can go and pick up a pack of Yfronts for her husband without a second thought .

I must admit the other day I noticed a wife in a wheelchair with her husband picking out items for her , I felt it was a lovely situation but also a difficult one , I guess over the years he'd been doing it he knew her likes and dislikes . Possibly slightly frustrating for her as she may have wanted the wear some the items she rejected , how could she still look good for him in a wheelchair ?

NancySue
08-22-2020, 08:44 AM
Don?t hold your breath...it ain?t gonna happen. At least around here. As Shelly said...it?s all about the 💰

Rayleen
08-22-2020, 09:10 AM
No problem, I use to help choose my wife's clothes because she told me , I was better of choosing for her. Everyone complimented her for her style and no one knew it was me choosing for her. I have non problems buying clothes for myself in the girls department .

Asew
08-24-2020, 01:01 PM
The word crossdressing may become outdated but not because men's and women's fashions are converging :)