PDA

View Full Version : Transition Completed

Dorit
08-29-2020, 03:01 AM
I feel that I have completed my transition! Over the last two years I had FFS, GRS, and now a BA just eight weeks ago. While there are some issues with my GRS that have yet to be resolved, and I still have a lot of facial electrolysis to do, I am complete in my body and absolutely delighted. My body is for the first time in agreement with my soul! I live my life openly and without the shame and self disgust that I suffered from for so many years. I have girl friends and we do girl stuff together. I love it! My best girlfriend is my wife of over fifty years, she has totally supported me through transition each step of the way. Now it is my turn to support her as she has dementia and I am her full time caregiver.

Did my transition solve all of my psychological problems? No, it is hard to erase all the years of damage from from being born transsexual in an era when there was no understanding. I am deeply grateful to have lived long enough to benefit from the enormous paradigm shift in psychology and medicine towards people like all of us here on the forum. I am still a work in progress.

I have been a member of this forum for six years now, even longer as a viewer. I am very grateful to all of you as being a tremendous help to me over the years. You are all so awesome! Thank you!

To celebrate the completion of my transition I had a girlfriend who is a professional photographer do a photo session. Here are a few, including one of me and my beloved!

Maid_Marion
08-29-2020, 05:23 AM
Hi Dorit,

Congratulations! Your new life awaits!

Marion

Teresa
08-29-2020, 06:06 AM
Dorit,
What a wonderful story , thanks for sharing it with us .

It also good to see more taditional photography , I do miss those days , working with people in that context . Your friend has some great lighting skills , I feared all those abilities would be totally lost with the modern " Selfie " efforts .

Jeri Ann
08-29-2020, 06:18 AM
Thanks for your update and beautiful pictures Dorit.

~Renee~
08-29-2020, 07:27 AM
What a lovely update. Thanks for sharing your successful journey and hope your mental healing improves.
I'm sorry about your beloved condition and hope you can find a way to make her life easier too.

Janice Ashton
08-29-2020, 09:02 AM
Congratulations Dorit on completing your transition, now enjoy your new life ahead

Best wishes
Janice

Nadine Spirit
08-29-2020, 11:00 AM
You are a beautiful human!!! I'm so happy for you!

AllieSF
08-29-2020, 01:55 PM
Dorit,

I am so happy that you have found your place in life and are so contented. You have worked so hard to make it to this point. I thank whoever is up there to have blessed me with such a wonderful male life and now this new chance to live as a woman. Life can be wonderful sometimes.

Hugs,

Allie

PS: I really like your pictures, especially the one with your wife.

Katya@
08-29-2020, 02:20 PM
Dorit,

Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us over all these years. I am happy for you and wish you many long good years ahead! Best wishes to your wife!

Katya

Lana Mae
08-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Dorit!

Peace, Love and all the best to you and your wife! I am so happy for you! You are an inspiration to me and I am sure to others here! May you continue to have an amazing life! Hugs to both! Lana Mae

Jeri Ann
08-29-2020, 04:23 PM
Dorit you are so lovely and I am jealous of the professionally done pictures. I had wanted a friend, who was a retired photographer, to take some quality pictures for me but he has moved to Colorado. Now all I get are pictures of mountains and deer.

Leasa Wells
08-29-2020, 05:33 PM
congratulations your an inspirations

HelpMe,Rhonda
08-29-2020, 07:20 PM
YAY! Congrats!

mbmeen12
08-30-2020, 12:38 AM
Gorgeous woman hun...

Dorit
08-30-2020, 01:01 AM
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I just received more photos from the session, here are two that I just have to share with you all! As you can see, and I am sure Teresa will, these are not photo-shop pictures. My photographer will do this after I choose which ones I like the best.

To remember Corona days!

315347]

Teresa
08-30-2020, 05:07 AM
Dorit,
Well done , I never knew you were into " Pin Up " pictures .

As for PhotoShop , my era preceded that so I had to get it right with the camera and lighting on film . Digital killed photography for me , it took away the magic and artistry , I'm so glad I now have my painting instead along with some lovely friends in my art group .

JeanTG
08-30-2020, 01:53 PM
I admire not only your transition and its results, Dorit, but especially your courage to achieve it. It's an inspiration.

Sarah Doepner
09-01-2020, 09:24 AM
Dorit,

I wish you peace of mind and an open soul as you move forward. Congratulations and thank you.

Devi SM
09-04-2020, 10:17 AM
thanks Dorit for this post.

You had been one of my referents that impulsed me to be who I am today. Your wife look great but you look ages younger than her (it's a compliment for you)

Unfortunately I have the feeling that you're leaving us and please don't do it.
I think that transition is more than the physical changes and especially for us is a never ending learning daily journey so I'm sure in the future you will have more wonderful experiences to share as Jeri Ann did few days ago....

Devi

Dorit
09-05-2020, 01:32 AM
thanks Dorit for this post.

You had been one of my referents that impulsed me to be who I am today. Your wife look great but you look ages younger than her (it's a compliment for you)

Unfortunately I have the feeling that you're leaving us and please don't do it.
I think that transition is more than the physical changes and especially for us is a never ending learning daily journey so I'm sure in the future you will have more wonderful experiences to share as Jeri Ann did few days ago....

Devi

Thanks Devi, you are very sensitive. I was considering leaving but I will stay around for awhile. My wife is 9 years older than I am. My transition has made me look twenty years younger than my chronological age. The universal response to us from strangers is that we are mother and daughter! I do not bother to explain our complicated reality unless we become friends.

MarieTS
09-05-2020, 02:56 AM
Dorit: What a gallery! So, when is your Vogue covershoot? I guess we should start ordering our Dorit 2021 calendars before they sell out! (smile) Keep enjoying, you deserve it.

DMichele
09-05-2020, 08:01 AM
Dorit,
You are a beautiful person; and congrats on your success. Beautiful photos.
Best wishes!

albine
09-25-2020, 10:13 PM
Such a great post congrats to. You and your journey and to the love you and your wife share ❤️

donnalee
09-30-2020, 04:11 AM
Nice pictures Dorit. My partner was 16 years older than I and we dealt with her Alzheimer's for .8 years before her death in 2011. Although her memory was fading, she was always the same lovely person she had always been.You are doing a good thing, a mitzvah, which has it's own rewards. My kindest thoughts and best wishes go out to you both.
Donna

Di
09-30-2020, 06:01 AM
Very inspiring. Congratulations!