PDA

View Full Version : Have women ever used words Adorable,Precious,Darling,or Cute related to your dressing

Robbiegirl
09-06-2020, 10:52 AM
Words like Adorable, Darling, Precious, and Cute are words I think guys almost never use and words that are usually not directed towards us.

My first experience dressing was being put in my sisters dress by my mother and aunt to try and fool a visiting X Nanny. I remember feeling quite strange in the dress but even more embarassed when they showered me with praise using all those silly Words.

I still have a strong reaction when those words are used and am not sure if they are meant as a compliment or to kind of tease me ?

Any experience with S.O.s or sales gals using these words, and how do you react to them ?

Thoughts ?

Patience
09-06-2020, 11:00 AM
Yes, I have been described as cute, pretty, etc. it is very gratifying. I like to think they mean it.

When you say a strong reaction, do you mean you blush, get flustered, etc? Maybe you are still repressing this part of yourself somewhat and that is affecting your ability to take a compliment.

Charlotte Haynes
09-06-2020, 11:15 AM
Only by men. My partner just laughs and calls me her b***h.

Robertacd
09-06-2020, 11:18 AM
My wife has called some of my outfits adorable and I take that as a compliment.

I never really liked getting compliments growing up because I didn't like dressing like a boy. Through out my life people told me I was a good looking guy, but I never really saw it. When I am dressed I see that beautiful person everyone else sees and I love getting compliments.

Jenny22
09-06-2020, 12:29 PM
Only from me as I look in the mirror.

docrobbysherry
09-06-2020, 12:58 PM
Occasionally, Robbie. But, I hear, "hot" and "sexy" a lot more often!:devil:

But, that's how I tend to dress when I'm out. Like a pretty adult woman. Not as a cutesy young girl!:daydreaming:

Micki_Finn
09-06-2020, 02:49 PM
“Cute” is kind of a middle of the road term and can go either way. “Adorable” and “darling” lean toward patronizing, especially when used to describe you and not your outfit. My favorite compliments from women are “gorgeous” “stunning” “glamorous” “amazing”, and “everything” (Yes, have received them all).

Helen_Highwater
09-06-2020, 05:50 PM
I've been told, by a complete stranger, that I looked amazing and I was sat in my car at the time.

abby054
09-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Yes, I have been called cute, adorable, beautiful, and gorgeous while wearing this outfit to an Oktoberfest. All by GGs that I had never met. I took the words as compliments. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?260505-Oktoberfest-photos

Cute is definitely a strong compliment where I live, except when used as a command, as in don?t be cute! So are the other terms, though Micki is right that adorable and darling can have a patronizing side. Tone of voice usually confirms if patronizing is intended. Precious describes only preschool age girls in my part of the world.

Lana Mae
09-06-2020, 07:28 PM
I've been called pretty, beautiful, and gorgeous! I don't think I am any of those but I took them anyway! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Jodie_Lynn
09-06-2020, 08:10 PM
Have women ever used words Adorable,Precious,Darling,or Cute related to your dressing

nope.

Robertacd
09-06-2020, 09:32 PM
I have been called darling (well darlin') :p by more than one GG server when dressed, I take that as a compliment too.

Sometimes Steffi
09-06-2020, 10:23 PM
Yes, I have. But I've gotten more complements like Micki, and mostly from GGs. I think that they were honest.

Krisi
09-07-2020, 07:27 AM
"Women" don't often talk to me or about me concerning my dressing. Only my wife. She has commented a few times about my "cute outfit". That makes me feel good.

char GG
09-07-2020, 05:15 PM
I have called a CDer's outfit, "cute". However, the other words seem more appropriate for compliments about new born babies rather than adults.

Maybe that's just the way it is in the part of the country that I live in (no one here says "darling").

lingerieLiz
09-07-2020, 08:36 PM
I have been told a lot of things over the years. A few were from guys coming on to me. I wasn't gay, but I looked pretty fem in guy mode. When I eventually went out as a girl I was shocked at how many truly thought I was a girl. I did enjoy going out as a girl and being accepted. I was told by the owner of a wig shop, Do you know how pretty you are? A clerk in a lingerie store told me when I was in guy mode, that I was cute and everyone should have beautiful lingerie. My looks, I'm sure enabled my ability to shop in women's stores and try on things back in the 60s. Today I get that a pretty blouse, or you look nice, but age has caught me.

Audrey34
09-07-2020, 10:29 PM
I've been called "lovely", "cute", and sometimes "adorable". But I love it when someone refers to me as "doll". Like from the 1940s, lol...

mbmeen12
09-08-2020, 03:51 AM
Have women ever used words Adorable,Precious,Darling,or Cute related to your dressing?

Yes all of the above and more.

Ericka_d
09-08-2020, 09:41 AM
I've heard I have beautiful eyes when wearing makeup, and pretty hair. Thats about it.

Amelie
09-08-2020, 03:56 PM
I had women as well as men call me scary looking. I thanked them for the nice compliment.

RachelB.
09-08-2020, 08:01 PM
A couple of times I have gotten Cute outfit, love your top, but recently a lady told me I was gorgeous! She complimented my outfit and how well I was put together. I usually try to put on a big smile and say Thank You

Pumped
09-08-2020, 11:12 PM
I got a "wow!" once from my wife when I stepped into the room in a new dress. Good enough for me! She was on the phone and had to explain to the person she was talking to what the "wow" was for. Of course she wouldn't say, but said, "my husband just showed me something."

brenne
09-09-2020, 12:48 AM
There used to be an apartment manager who found me wearing a dress I had slept in (she had to come into my room so the exterminator could spray my bathroom). I looked at my dress and smiled sheepishly :o and she (the apt. mgr.) smiled back. A few days later, as Thanksgiving approached, she told me not to eat too much so I can "fit into those cute clothes;" I was surprised and said "thank you..." then in character, "thank you honey." :battingeyelashes:

There was also a GG nurse who used to work with my roommate (he was my SO then, and is again now). She'd see me dressed up and said "Whoo! Look at you!" :)

Leslie Mary S
09-09-2020, 01:43 AM
Nope, never got any of those ,or similar, names from anyone except right after $75+ makeovers. I know that I have a hard figure/face to convert.
Most of my dressing is in the closet.

Teresa
09-09-2020, 11:48 AM
Robbie,
My daughter usually tells me how nice I look , the best compliment her mother in law makes is she prefers me as Teresa . I'm just happy to be openly accepted , GGs don't usually get that many compliments .

The one that made me smile recently was when I asked a couple to take a picture of me in front of Belvoir Castle , when the husband handed my camera back he said , " There you go Duchess ! "

Leslie Mary S
09-09-2020, 01:05 PM
Well you do look like a Duchess.

Paulie Birmingham
09-10-2020, 06:15 AM
No, and I am not surprised. I wouldn't use those words to describe me when dressed

Jacqueline Vivaldi
09-12-2020, 11:48 AM
Just be happy when it happens, because it is genuine. Every time when I go out in public to a nice social 4-8 women will come up to me and say "You are gorgeous" or something equivalent. I usually dress very nicely for such events and I have always thought the comments were both honest and accepting of me as a transgender.

jasmine1995
09-12-2020, 03:20 PM
yes, my sisters and mom at one point or another growing up. they have been very encouraging. i also had a girlfriend who identifies as non-binary who would whisper those words in my ears in intimate moments.

alwayshave
09-13-2020, 08:05 AM
No, I don't believe I have heard any of those words. More's the pity.

Sometimes Steffi
09-13-2020, 08:54 PM
Actually, I was getting a pedi with a bright blue polish. A GG came in and was sitting right next to me getting her pedi. When the nail tech go finished, she started to walk me over to the drying table. The GG next to me said, "You really rock that blue." I thanked her and told her that she could rock that blue also. I would even leave my bottle of nail polish for her. She said something like, "Blue is not a good look for me." I just shrugged my shoulders.

so, this had to be a genuine comment. It was much more specific than a generic , "You're cute."

Another time I went into one of those Spirit Halloween "pop up" stores. I was looking for a Wonder Woman costume. The largest size they had was a Large, but I really need an XL. I went to the changing room, but as I though, it was too small. I couldn't even get the zipper up.

I was really disappointed, but then I though about getting to zip me up in it. I knew if it would zip up all the way that I could make it work. I was too chicken to got out of the changing area and ask one of the SAs to zip me up. But, there was a 30 something mom with a 7 something daughter trying on costumes in the changing room. The girl went into the changing room and the mom stayed outside the door. So, I put on my big girl panties and asked the mom if she would zip me up, and it zipped up all the way. I few minutes later, I asked the mom to unzip me.

I went back and changed into boy mode, and planned to buy the costume. When I got out of the changing area, the mom asked m if I was going to buy it. she said that both she and her daughter thought I looked great in it and should really get it. I don't even know when the daughter saw me dressed in it. Well, with those kind of positive affirmations, I almost could not buy it. The mom then told he mom (the girl's grandmother) what I was doing. I got one of those sideways glances from grandma, but two out of three was plenty good enough for me. I bought the costume and wore it for our "girls" Halloween.

Alice_2014_B
09-13-2020, 11:24 PM
I get great compliments from friends, both guys and girls.
I sent my parents pics of me as Velma; they were impressed and didn't even recognize me.

I've gotten some hoots and whistles after walking on stage to do stand-up AFTER I'm announced by my real name, which is not a fem name at all.

:)

BobbiKay
09-15-2020, 04:35 PM
I have twice been the recipient of spontaneous compliments on my hair. Both times I was in drab. It was so random and unexpected, I was tie-tongued trying to formulate a response.