PDA

View Full Version : Size Problems

Jenni
03-31-2006, 04:43 PM
I know I probably shouldn't complain, but I sometimes get frustrated with having a small body size. When I go shopping, I often have problems finding clothes that fit well. The women's departments often seem to have little to offer. Even the majority of lingerie (panties, mostly) is too small.

There's usually little choice but to head to the girls section. The clothing in size 14 or 16 often fits well, but there just isn't much variety, and I don't want to look like a teenager. I'm only 130 lbs, and 5'6", and sometimes still get "carded" if I go to buy beer (this makes me mad!).

Smaller just doesn't necessarily mean better. What's a girl to do?:rolleyes:

robyn1114
03-31-2006, 04:55 PM
you've got to be kidding

robyn1114
03-31-2006, 04:58 PM
try being 5'10" and 200 lbs with linebacker shoulders. I wear a size 14 skirt and a size 18 blouse

Julie Avery
03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
I know I probably shouldn't complain, but I sometimes get frustrated with having a small body size.

This, too, shall pass ;)

Miriannah
03-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Really, you are joking right? A small body size is just fine if not ideal, just look around for places with a petite section. Then again, thanks to the supersizing of america, those are becoming endangered species.

I have the way-younger-than-I-really-am look thing going too, but trust me, you'll be glad you have it as you get older. I'm 28, and I love getting carded, and how many people ask me "shouldn't you be in school" when I'm at my job. ;)

Audrey34
03-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Ha! I wish I was 200 lbs. I'm 315 and lemme tell ya, many many outfits that I like have had to go by the wayside because of my big belly. I usually do fine wearing 26W dresses and skirts but occasionally the belly shows up making me look pregnant. SIGH.....
-Audrey

Wenda
03-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Be thankful. The little girls have a lot more nice stuff. 6ft1, 235 lbs, XL doesnt even always fit. Try and find a nice cute short skirt. Sorry, not too sympathetic.

Lisa Marie
03-31-2006, 06:07 PM
I have a small body size. Im only 5'6. When I have to buy gloves for the wintertime I have to buy womens gloves my fingers are that small. I have to wear womens gloves even as a male. At least my mom can see that I have to use womens gloves to wear.

Jesse69
03-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Jenni - I can wear size 14 to 16 girls clothes (I have these in schoolgirl uniforms) and I can fit into womens & petite size 4 & 6 stuff (USA sizes).
So you might be a size 2 to 6.

Jennaie
03-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Poor thing, let me give you a hug. I am kidding you.. you ungrateful little twit. lol

Ok, now that I got that off my shoulders lets stop and think about this "serious" problem that you seem to have. First, you need to find the brands that "run small". There is no way to do this except through experimentation. Try them on at the store or take them home, leaving the tags on and try them on. If they are too big on you take them back.

Here are a few brands that I have found to "run small": Liz claiborn, crazy horse, maidenform "for your panties". Be sure that you are shopping in the misses section for you clothes.

It is difficult to find these items in smaller sizes if you are talking about wearing them without hip pads or butt enhancers. But if you wear a body shaper that widens your hips and bottom, you should have no problems finding things that will fit your size and weight. Most women who are 5.6 and weigh 130 are somewhat slender but they carry weight in the hip, thigh and butt area much more than men who weigh the same do.

Here is link to a panty by Maidenform that I am sure will closely fit you in a size 5 providing you are not wearing any hip or bottom enhancements. The "tanga" cuts from maidenform seem to fit better on smaller bottoms.

http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=70550&categoryId=22&wtlCategory=Maidenform%20%AE%20Pants&parentCategoryId=2

Good Luck Lucky girl,

Jennaie :be:

Jodi
03-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Jenni, Recommend that you shop for junior sizes instead of misses sizes. Junior sizes are the odd numbers. Stores that specifically sell junior sizes are Express, Rave, and Deb. I'm sure there are others. Also, all the major dept stores have a junior dept. Junior sizes are cut for the young developing female, ie those with small bust, small hips and small features.

Jodi

Jenni
04-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Poor thing, let me give you a hug. I am kidding you.. you ungrateful little twit. lol

I guess I got told! :D

Didn't want to sound like I was whining, and I'm well aware that some would love to have my "problem", but it's all the lack of stores that cater to my size category without looking too juvenile.

Thanks for all your help; will look into those places and see what I can find.;)

SEXY_HEATHER
04-01-2006, 12:27 AM
i'm 6 ft 1 215 inshape gurl.i only wish to wear a 5 in panties and smaller sizes in jeans.being that i do wear junior sizes large in camis and a 13 and 15 in certaing things.i love dressing like a teen and juniors have sexy clothes.only wish i was a teenaged girl now:happy:

Jennaie
04-01-2006, 01:04 AM
I guess I got told! :D

Didn't want to sound like I was whining, and I'm well aware that some would love to have my "problem", but it's all the lack of stores that cater to my size category without looking too juvenile.

Thanks for all your help; will look into those places and see what I can find.;)

I hope you know that I was just teasing you. :)

If you only knew how many of us would die for your figure girl.

You are a very pretty girl.

And by the way Jenni, I would like to ask you why you have a problem with looking like a beautiful young teenager. Enjoy it. We are not young forever.

Jennaie :be:

Tamara Croft
04-01-2006, 01:37 PM
You are a very pretty girl.

And by the way Jenni, I would like to ask you why you have a problem with looking like a beautiful young teenager.I hope you aren't going by her avatar, because that's Winona Ryder (actress) ;)

sparks
04-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Awsome avatar Tamara! Yep that's the wynonna Ryder! Jenni I hope your not out there stealing jewelry or anything! Miss Ryder can get away with it cause she's famous! Anyway worry not about your size I can't even find drab clothes that fit and stay on my skinny frame! No hips to keep my panties up!

Sharon
04-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Yep that's the wynonna Ryder! Jenni I hope your not out there stealing jewelry or anything! Miss Ryder can get away with it cause she's famous!

Actually, I don't recall Jenni ever claiming that the avatar is of herself.

Sara_Marie
04-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Thats about the same size as my wife. You can find a lot of things in the jr miss and pitite sizes that are really nice. And just think You have a lot better chance at passing looking like that. I'm 6' and 185lbs. With three inch heels try passing dressed. Its not easy.

CharlaineCadence
04-01-2006, 02:41 PM
this is gonna sound silly but my first wife was in a worse of possition the yourself. she was 4'11 90 at most. we could only shop in the shildrens section or have custom clotheing made for her or i would make dresses for her. I truely understand your problem but their a web store i think is still around called little miss. not sure of the url but it caered to women in you perdickiment. they also had clothing for us non perficet but taller people 5"10 and up. they where great and great prices. but as i said i haved dont a web search for them in a long time. also try dress bard they have size 1-6 in their pete sections too

Jenni
04-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Awsome avatar Tamara! Yep that's the wynonna Ryder! Jenni I hope your not out there stealing jewelry or anything! Miss Ryder can get away with it cause she's famous! Anyway worry not about your size I can't even find drab clothes that fit and stay on my skinny frame! No hips to keep my panties up!

No sparks, haven't been stealing anything, lately:haha: And yes, it is definitely Miss Ryder, who I think is the most beautiful woman in the world!! I'd give anything to look like that, and will eventually post my own pic here.

I know what you mean about no hips; that can be such a problem for finding stuff that fits. Having no butt doesn't help, either:o

Tamara Croft
04-01-2006, 07:26 PM
I can't wait to see how slim you are Jenni, cus then I can bitch slap you for being so slim :p I don't understand how you could want hips... I'd love to have NO hips, NO bum and definetely NO BOOBS!!! well.... small ones ;) So, hurry up and post some pictures ;)

Christina Nicole
04-01-2006, 08:37 PM
I know I probably shouldn't complain, but I sometimes get frustrated with having a small body size. When I go shopping, I often have problems finding clothes that fit well. The women's departments often seem to have little to offer. Even the majority of lingerie (panties, mostly) is too small.

There's usually little choice but to head to the girls section. The clothing in size 14 or 16 often fits well, but there just isn't much variety, and I don't want to look like a teenager. I'm only 130 lbs, and 5'6", and sometimes still get "carded" if I go to buy beer (this makes me mad!).

Smaller just doesn't necessarily mean better. What's a girl to do?:rolleyes:

Sounds like an April Fools joke is being played on y'all. I positively know that misses size 6 - 10 (depending on body proportions) will fit someone who is 5'6" and 130 lbs. I know that because I am that height and weight. Unless she's shopping at Lane Bryant of some plus size shop, there is plenty to choose from.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole