PDA

View Full Version : so now we're sex offenders?

kwebb
03-31-2006, 05:20 PM
I probably shouldn't post this but what are your thoughts:

http://www.gaypeopleschronicle.com/stories06/march/0324065.htm

WTF???!!??

kwebb
03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Link is no good, but it relates to the 70 year old CDer arrested in the library. He maintains he was doing nothing wrong, had been in the library before and the librarians did not call the cops this time either. He said he was not masturbating but scratching and the police arrested him because he was a CDed.

Now they have said he will have to register as a sex offender.

Miriannah
03-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah, it's giving a 404 error, but if the article's anything like the subject/description, that's all I need to see. I'm going to go ahead and guess that some ignorant ****tard had a bad experience with a sex offender who also happened to be a CDer, and as a result, has it in their tiny brain that "this CDer was a sex offender, they must all be like that!"

Score another point for Team Ignorance.

kwebb
03-31-2006, 05:48 PM
I do believe if indeed he was doing what they said he was doing ,then yes, that's indecency. But, what if he wasn't?

For some reason I'm inclined to give the old dude the benefit of the doubt. He's been in the library several times, to the point that the librarians know full well who he is.

The story hit me because I'm still internalizing all of this BS. I probably should havew stayed away from it.

I am at the point of saying CDing can get one into a world of trouble and how can something that leads to so much potential trouble be good.

Give me some pointers about how to not take these dammed things so seriosuly and personal.

I mean, its obvious a story like this isn't bothering many on the board except me. And the few times I have been out I have been out, I try to conduct myself in a respectful manner at all times.

I had the house all to myself tonight and was gonna indulge in the full femme, but when I read that it took the wind out of my sails, I don't even f eel like dressing.

How do you stop the internalizing negativity?

Star
03-31-2006, 05:52 PM
KWebb, Dont be silly darling... If you have the house to yourself enjoy it!
What this person did shouldnt affect you. It's not you!
Love Star

Tamara Croft
03-31-2006, 05:57 PM
The link now works, I've just fixed it. Try clicking it now.

What he did was wrong, but if it had just been some teenage kid doing it, there wouldn't be an article to read about it ...... bloody lamers :(

Sharon
03-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Okay, we're going to have a roll call of all our 72-year old members. Who's missing?:p

Christina Nicole
03-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Try this link (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0320061lady1.html) on The Smoking Gun. Includes mugshots and police report.

The report claims he was caught on a surveillance camera. So, as Jill had mentioned before, yet another crossdresser fouls not only his own nest, but that of every other crossdresser. Why couldn't he just be happy about being out in the library without playing with mr. happy? Idiot!

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

kwebb
03-31-2006, 06:07 PM
Don't mean to get everyone's panties in a bunch again over this, apparently I just saw it at the wrong time and it pushed my buttons, set me off.

angelinamillar
03-31-2006, 06:16 PM
I really feel that its is not the fact that he was crossdressing that he had to register as a sex offender. It was simply the fact that he had his manhood in his hand in a public place. Whether he was wearing a skirt of trousers, it was the act and not the clothing that makes him the sex offender. So don't panic, life is good, enjoy your empty house and chill :cheeky:

Hugs,

Angelina.

Julie Avery
03-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Okay, we're going to have a roll call of all our 72-year old members. Who's missing?:p

rut roh :)

I think I've seen this before, and I'm astonished at the 72 yr old libido...not to mention having a wish to handcuff the guy and leave him in a room with Tamara

kwebb
03-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Looks like another bout w/ plain old garden variety GUILT.

Its a mutha.

Sweet Susan
03-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Face it the guy screwed up (literally) and is screwed up. I think labeling someone as a sex offender for masterbating in public is a bit insane, in itself. No one was attacked. Is public exposure an attack? Anyway, what an idiot. I always try to remember the golden rule, "don't do anything you would be ashamed of."

Miriannah
03-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Okay, having read that makes me feel much better about it, and that he actually deserves whatever he gets. Meatslapping in a public place like that is just...why would you? Would you just leave it on the floor? :o

I'd rather things like that didn't end up in articles though, because it makes those of us who aren't disgusting look bad. After all, to the ignorants, we are in the same group, supposedly, and people don't really hear about the normal, well-adjusted CDers...just the weirdos. :(

Ellie
03-31-2006, 08:01 PM
(fm link...) According to Kovalyk, the video shows McGilton seated “with the skirt over top of his penis.”

Kovalyk said McGilton “had hold of his penis through the skirt” for four or five minutes. McGilton was on the surveillance video a total of 18 minutes. “He was not reading.”

The way I read the article, he was not even exposing himself!

OMG!

I can't even imagine L.A. cops registering every guy in a long coat that was caught playing pocket pool on the street as a sex offender.

Even if the guy was playing with himself NOTHING was exposed! Without him stopping and forcing someone to watch labeling him a sex offender is absolutely STUPID!

Not only that, this kind of over-use of the term weakens it. If someone is labeled a sex offender I want to know that it is because he was actually a threat to others.

Why the guy didn't just go to the bathroom stall for those 5 minutes is beyond me.

Jacqui
03-31-2006, 08:03 PM
I think labeling someone as a sex offender for masterbating in public is a bit insane, in itself. No one was attacked. Is public exposure an attack? Anyway, what an idiot. I always try to remember the golden rule, "don't do anything you would be ashamed of."

Sweet, a "sex offender" is not necessarily one who physically attacks someone. Lewd, lascivious, offensive behavior fills the bill nicely. I doubt if anyone whose 11 year-old daughter was flashed by a stranger would think that it's an acceptable act and be respected by society because he didn't hurt anybody.

As for the "Golden Rule," it is not as individual (selfish) as you remember. For most religions of the world it can be paraphrased as: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." In other words, it's more of a two-way street.

Sorry if this sounds offensive, but the article in question deals with a person who was videotaped for 18 minutes, 5 of which he was seen masturbating in a Public Library. If you've ever been in a Public Library shortly after school hours, I can't understand how anyone would not find this "sexually offensive."

trannie T
03-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Let's see what happens when he goes to court. There is no need to go off half cocked over this incident. Apparently this guy was known in the area and had no trouble until this incident. Has the video been posted on the web yet?

jo_ann
03-31-2006, 08:56 PM
even though it's about a sex offender more-so than a crossdresser, that fact that it was a guy in female clothing, we're going to get stereo-typed anyway. I can hear it now "yeah, this sicko was a crossdresser, that director of the james bond films was on the street as a prostitute, all those homo drag queens hanging out downtown, they're all sick perverts don't you know?" stereotypes suck, but it's part of life.

Teresa Amina
03-31-2006, 11:49 PM
to go off half cocked

Might have chosen my words better but quite right; until this poor old tranny gets his day in court lets not be too judgemental vs either side in this. If he's just an old guy in a dress who was in an unwanted location he should be acquitted (Not that he Will Be!) but if he was getting off in public he needs to be cared for somewhere else.

Bernice
04-01-2006, 03:17 AM
I was going to say that I am glad none of you will be selected for jury duty on this case. Most of you clearly already have your minds made up. How judgemental. We should all know by now how unreliable the media is with the facts. Apparently, the video will be incriminating, but we have not seen it.

Then I read Teresa Amina's post directly ahead of mine.

Well put, Teresa!

Hugs,

Bernice

Helen MC
04-01-2006, 03:58 AM
I suppose he is in the same legal situation as George Michael who was caught masturbating in a public toilet in LA. He was done for a Public Indeceny offence. Unfortunately for him there was no door on the stall on that toilet and I understand that situation is not uncommon in Public Toilets in the USA but here in the UK unless vandalised there is a door behind which one has privacy.

Back to the man in question. We are sympathetic to him (by and large) because he is a CD/TV but if he had been an old man in male clothing and had been masturbating / repeatedly touching his genitals in a public place I feel he would have been condemned.

Angela Burke
04-01-2006, 04:29 AM
You tickled my ribs there Sharon!

BTW
Who is the oldest girl here?

sparks
04-01-2006, 04:57 AM
Sex offender Wellllll! Maybe. But I'm definitely a perv! Beside at seventy-two if it standing better take advantage of it! No matta the place!

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 05:46 AM
He said he was...scratching....

If he's a crossdressing retired pro baseball player this is entirely plausible :)

jo_ann
04-01-2006, 11:11 AM
oh man I love dennis leary.. my favorite line:

"I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy. I'm just not happy because my life didn't turn out the way I thought it would." Hey! Join the club, ok!? I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Socks. Life sucks, get a helmet, allright?! "I'm not happy. I'm not happy." Nobody's happy, ok!? Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette, or a chocolate cookie, or a five second *rg*sm. That's it, ok! You c*m, you eat the cookie, you smoke the butt, you go to sleep, you get up in the morning and go to work

Joy Carter
04-01-2006, 11:20 AM
If it bleeds it leads right ? So that's the reason it got so much attention. But then again thouse guys in IZOD shirts (never owned one) you better keep an eye on them.

Karen Francis
04-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Just like a post some weeks ago where a 67 year old poster from Pittsburgh admitted to dressing "like a tart" and going to the local mall and being threatened with arrest there.
You cannot go anywhere dressed and do anything you wish. Like it or not, crossdressing is not practiced by a large # of people, and those that don't do it range anywhere from tolerance to absolute horror in reactions.
Something like smoking as an analogy: there is an appropriate time and place for the activity, taking into consideration how it affects others, who don't smoke.
Most of the general public doesn't want to see it or have to explain it to their kids. And a library has children there, he knew it, so he better get a good lawyer who might save him from the sex offender listing. bad tranny...

carson
04-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Ok, I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a minute. Hope I don't get flamed for it!

Let's start with the premise that he IS guilty of masturbating in the library. Of course his crossdressing should NOT be a factor, but what he was doing is certainly inappropriate and I would consider it public lewdness. As for whether he should have to register as a sex offender (based on masturbating in public, NOT crossdressing) I think maybe that is not out of the question. Even if he was just harmlessly pleasuring himself, the guy may have some psychological issues going on that he thinks it's ok do be doing that in public. And though at best, it may only be offensive to the adults present, what about the children that may see him? Regardless of where he was sitting, I know when I take my daughter to the library there are always children running around. That act would be a bit more than just offensive to a young mind. So...if ya want to dance, ya gotta pay the band.

Comments? Critcisms? Fire away!

Tamara Croft
04-01-2006, 12:08 PM
I totally agree with you Carson. The guy was wrong in what he was doing, but do you think they really needed to headline 'crossdresser' ?? If he was just some regular guy, I don't think it would have even made the headlines.

carson
04-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I totally agree with you Carson. The guy was wrong in what he was doing, but do you think they really needed to headline 'crossdresser' ?? If he was just some regular guy, I don't think it would have even made the headlines.

I guess I didn't address how they headlined the story. I certainly agree they shouldn't have focused on the crossdressing, but I still think the story would have made the headlines because:

A) A crossdresser doing something especially deviant makes a good story for the media and,

B) Anybody masturbating in public makes a good story for the media.

Based on the drivel printed by the media nowdays, any deviant behavior, regardless of the persons' orientation, is a real seller!

Jacqui
04-01-2006, 06:07 PM
....but do you think they really needed to headline 'crossdresser' ?? If he was just some regular guy, I don't think it would have even made the headlines.

Keep in mind that the original headline was from "The Gay Chronicles." The other headline was from "The Smoking Gun." Neither are exactly mainstream.

I would gather that most people have never heard of this story and therefore would not affect whatever opinion of CD's they already have.

Linda-x
04-01-2006, 06:23 PM
I hate seeing any negative behavior, and crossdressing linked together, but in this case the 'fashion police' should have been called first !! Seriously, I'm ashamed of this public behavior !!! Maybe senility is already setting in !

Charlene Marie
04-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Face it, the guy was a very lonely JERK. But I got to tell ya, if he was 70 and had something to slap, well he can't be all bad. SEX OFFENDER? No way, just really confused.

MsJanessa
04-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Face it, the guy was a very lonely JERK. But I got to tell ya, if he was 70 and had something to slap, well he can't be all bad. SEX OFFENDER? No way, just really confused.
a "jerk" who jerked?----lol---seriously the person in question should have known better---masturbation is done in private, alone---if she hasn't figured that out by the time she's 72, there is probably not much hope for her---incidently people like this give the rest of us a bad name--- and deserve our scorn----always remember to act like a lady when you are out in public---