PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of purging

SophyV
09-16-2020, 10:00 AM
Hi all. It has been a while. The pandemic has limited my time I can devote to CD and related activities. As a result the pink fog I was in last year has mostly rolled out. At the moment I am comfortable wearing skirts when Incan but no longer feel the need to go full drag. So, I am considering purging those things like my wig makeup and breast forms. As a reminder, I am in the closet and will always be, so the more I have around the more chance I have of getting caught. I am looking for some input. I don?t want to purge then the fog rolls in again and have to start over. At the same time, I am not sure it will. Thanks in advance for your advice.

kinky_caitlin
09-16-2020, 10:10 AM
From past experience, the pink fog will come back and you will wish you hadn't purged. Tho sometimes a purge can be refreshing to make a new wardrobe out of it and new style, but pretty much every one here will tell you that it will come back. Also this current world situation won't last forever and things will get back to normal someday (not soon enough for most of us, but it will)

Bobbi46
09-16-2020, 10:10 AM
In a few words, don't purge! you may regret it but also if you, do to replace what gets done away with is money that followed bad.
I would try and find a place to store your things and then think out how you want your future to pan out, but as i say dont do anything right now, think first

Visitor
09-16-2020, 10:22 AM
I've been buying lingerie that last few weeks with the thought THIS TIME I'll dedicate a dresser drawer where I can KEEP these lovely, sensual undergarments.

It has been interesting arriving here and reading about "purging," something I've done, both out of fear and out of shame. Yes, that is definitely a part of living a life that is judged so severely by so many insecure people. When I listed for my former wife the many sexual things I'd done in my life, the one that least upset her was my crossdressing. I was surprised by her response. She reminded my one of her dear friends is a therapist who works with gender fluid clients. She has heard a great deal about what we do.

I've no idea how at risk you are to exposure or what the consequences of exposure might be to you... but I would say that respecting the feelings that lead you to express yourself as you do, with women's clothing, wigs and makeup, is important. I'm intent on not shaming myself for these feelings and behaviors. I live alone, so it is easier for me to indulge these feelings. I hope you find a response that honors your feelings and cares for you.

I expect two new brassieres to arrive today and I'm excited. I certainly have no intention of throwing them away...

Stexxl
09-16-2020, 10:30 AM
I'd be inclined to purge if I'm honest. As you're in the closet I assume your partner finding stuff would be really bad news?

A partner finding something like breast forms is as in your face as it gets and it generally doesn't go down well (as I know from personal experience).

Just my $0.02

Good luck whatever your decision!

Laura912
09-16-2020, 10:36 AM
Based on 73 years of experience, don’t do it.

Stephanie47
09-16-2020, 10:41 AM
COVID is a bad time to make dramatic changes to one's life. Currently, for many of us living in a "smoke storm," yes, that's the new phrase around here, there is very little time to express oneself. My wife and I are retirees. She is recovering from a total knee replacement. Pre-COVID she'd be out of the house overnight to babysit of grandchild. I'd have an evening/night to myself. None of that is going to happen soon. So, I am now limited to pecking away on the computer (this site) and perusing feminine garments. Yes, four panties are in the mail headed this way. It's keeping my head in the game. To me it's a diversion from the limitations imposed beyond my control.

Don't purge. I don't know how big your stash is. There may be an immense cost to replace any purged garments. If you're a closeted cross dresser why is your exposure increasing now than before? Is your wife and child rummaging through the domicile because of COVID isolation or you just feel exposure will ultimately occur? That aside, it sounds as if depression is governing your decisions.

kimdl93
09-16-2020, 10:45 AM
The fog will roll in, although it comes on its own schedule. You may never go beyond the closet, but even if that proves to be true, someday you may again find yourself wishing to avail yourself of those expensive make-up items and breast forms. When/if that day arrives, you will regret the waste of money and time as you replenish your supply.

Find a secure place, perhaps someplace other than your home, to keep these items until you want them and/or until you wish to disclose these unique attributes to your wife.

Robertacd
09-16-2020, 10:54 AM
You know one of the things that make spouses angry is the money we spend.

Hop off the buy, purge, buy, purge train and just find a safe place to store everything.

You know you are going to need it all again once things get back to some sense of normal.

wendy
09-16-2020, 10:54 AM
From personal experience, and 2 purges, I wouldn't do it at all. I regret the purges I did, as I lost items that I can never get back (like 80s-90s aerobic wear with spandex legging).

At the beginning of my relationship, I had to hide Wendy's stuff, and I ran the risk of my spouse finding out too. Luck just had it she never found it.

If you are gonna purge, do a few items at a time. Like purge the bigger items, ones that have a higher risk of being found. Keep items that can easily be hidden.

I can assure you, the pink fog will hit and it will hit hard.

joank
09-16-2020, 11:17 AM
Based on 77 years, don't do it. I have been through three major purges and many minor ones. PINK FOG COMES BACK( with a vengeance at times).

DianeT
09-16-2020, 11:31 AM
AmandaSophy, are you in the closet because you are hiding your dressing to your SO? In that case, an option is to not purge and rather tell your SO.

NancySue
09-16-2020, 11:32 AM
Don?t do it. I did..once. Never more!

Teresa
09-16-2020, 11:38 AM
AmandaS.,
I often feel members who have a wax and wane situation have the biggest problem , some tell of going months perhaps even years before it happens again , . Whether you have clothes etc. or not will not stop it happening again , so why not pack the stuff away and see what happens . Getting caught , it happens and again it's so much harder for someone to explain when it's not a continuous feeling .

The bottom line is it will come back , it's part of you like it's part of me , the difference being I felt the need 24/7 , so it's easier to be full time , the only purging maybe male clothes .

Bruce64
09-16-2020, 12:30 PM
Rule No1, Never purge

Nastasha
09-16-2020, 12:52 PM
In the end you have to do what works for you. That said, I have purged a few times and regret it, like Wendy mentioned I had some really nice things that you just can't get anymore.
I think you need to sit on it for a few days and make sure, the fog does come back, and the expense involved in building back up can be draining.

MaryAnn1963
09-16-2020, 12:53 PM
You asked for opinions... mine is NO, don't do it! I have yet to hear on an instance where purging had worked out for the best. CDing for most of us is part of who we are. When we try to shut that part away, then you start living as an incomplete self. In my experience, I wasn't very happy trying to be "normal". I'm not. Put your things away somewhere safe till Amanda calls you again.... she will.

docrobbysherry
09-16-2020, 01:05 PM
Yes, purge! And, here's how:

Write "Purge", on a cardboard box. Put ALL your girlie things in it. Then, put it in your storage shed, attic, or other out of the way place.:thumbsup:

U can now forget about your purge. Until the fog rolls back in!:battingeyelashes:

Micki_Finn
09-16-2020, 01:09 PM
If the pandemic caused your change in thinking, it seems logical to wait until after the pandemic to see if you still feel the same.

Leslie Mary S
09-16-2020, 01:22 PM
In reference to the pin fog. It is just like real fog They both keep coming back as nature and the mind sees fit. It rarely can be controlled by humans.

Sometimes Steffi
09-16-2020, 01:56 PM
I'll try to help you.

You can purge and be annoyed at yourself 6 months from now, or ...

1. You can sell it here or on eBay. At least you girl stuff will go to someone who wants it.
2, You can rent a storage locker. I have one and pay cash every month. I get Steffi's mail at a PO Box so everything is hidden.
3. You can mail it to me for safe keeping (postage paid) I still have extra space in my storage locker and I will store it for free. I will send it back to you postage paid when you change your mind. And I won't even try any of in on, except maybe a test drive with the forms. LOL. No, not really. I have several pair of forms myself, and many wigs.

PM me if you're interested.

SophyV
09-16-2020, 02:53 PM
Yes, purge! And, here's how:

Write "Purge", on a cardboard box. Put ALL your girlie things in it. Then, put it in your storage shed, attic, or other out of the way place.:thumbsup:

U can now forget about your purge. Until the fog rolls back in!:battingeyelashes:

Thanks for that advice. I know it is serious but it made me smile.

AmandaS.,
I often feel members who have a wax and wane situation have the biggest problem , some tell of going months perhaps even years before it happens again , . Whether you have clothes etc. or not will not stop it happening again , so why not pack the stuff away and see what happens . Getting caught , it happens and again it's so much harder for someone to explain when it's not a continuous feeling .

The bottom line is it will come back , it's part of you like it's part of me , the difference being I felt the need 24/7 , so it's easier to be full time , the only purging maybe male clothes .

Yes. I definitely waxed and waned this year.

@Sometimes Steffi. Thanks for the offer. There is some good advice in there

I am hoping my desire to wear skirts will even out my need to an equilibrium. It is very disconcerting to go from needing to go full drag to thinking I am over it. But I will yield to more experienced and wiser minds and keep what I have. Thank you all

char GG
09-16-2020, 02:54 PM
My opinion from reading this forum for several years is this:

Don't totally purge. However, go through your things. Get rid of anything that doesn't fit right, doesn't look fabulous on you, out of style, or things that you don't love. Just because you have girly things doesn't mean that you have to keep EVERYTHING.

Personally, I go through my things every spring and fall and get rid of things that just don't work for me any longer.

Crissy 107
09-16-2020, 03:34 PM
Do not even think of purging, it is a losers game and you will be sorry. Maybe not right away but you will definitely be sorry and I am sure you will never find some of the things you dumped. Then of course you have the expense of buying more to replace everything.
So many of us here have purged in the past before we had a forum like this. Please do not purge.

Andi.Devine
09-16-2020, 03:53 PM
My opinion from reading this forum for several years is this:

Don't totally purge. However, go through your things. Get rid of anything that doesn't fit right, doesn't look fabulous on you, out of style, or things that you don't love. Just because you have girly things doesn't mean that you have to keep EVERYTHING.

Personally, I go through my things every spring and fall and get rid of things that just don't work for me any longer.

This may be the best advice I've read in quite sometime. I'm fairly lucky in this respect, I think I purged twice. And both times I hadn't accumulated much yet. I now move items between storage areas. The things that I love to wear the most, I keep readily available. The rest goes into a tote that I store on a high shelf in the closet. If the items stay in the tote for too long, I get rid of them.

If/When I decide to go on an extended break from dressing. I put everything in the tote. Then when I am ready to begin again, and I will at some point, I can retrieve the items I really want to wear at that time and keep them close.

Don't completely purge.

Star01
09-16-2020, 03:56 PM
I think that feeling like the fog has rolled out is an accurate description of being in a situation where can't dress. That has been my experience during Covid, I am retired and my wife and I are together all the time. I did not purge and I'm glad that I didn't. The family shared lake home opened up again and we can go up there to take a break from being cooped up. This week it's her turn, guess what came back with a vengeance and rushed over me the minute she told me? Yes, I am going to dress tonight for the first time in ages. Next week is my turn at the lake, guess what I'm doing again next week?

To put it another way, imagine that you just purged and later in the day your wife says she is going out of town. How would you feel if that happened and the drawer and closet were empty? I would feel frustrated followed shortly by feeling broke from all the shopping. I don't think purging is the answer but if you do purge take care and we will see you on here in a few months.

Lana Mae
09-16-2020, 04:23 PM
NEVER PURGE! Put in storage or something! This always comes back and usually twice as hard as the last time! DON"T PURGE! Hugs Lana Mae

Jenny22
09-16-2020, 04:48 PM
I'm surprised that no one said,"don't purge"!

susanmichelle
09-16-2020, 05:34 PM
Don?t purge. I?ve done it like three times and the cost was astronomical each time to replace everything when the urge comes again and I promise it will. I would pack everything in heavy plastic bags or totes that are dust and waterproof and store in the attic or upper space if you?re in a single story dwelling. It?ll save you tons of money in the long run and then when the urge comes back your all set. I promise without scaring you the urge will come back. It?s something we have no control over. Good luck to you reguardless of what you end up doing.

Pumped
09-16-2020, 06:48 PM
Don't purge!

Box it all up, tape it shut, mark the box as engine parts or something equally boring and hide it in plain sight in the garage. In a month or two you will be wanting it all back again.

alwayshave
09-16-2020, 08:41 PM
Sophy, Don't purge, you'll regret it.

adelinapa
09-16-2020, 10:16 PM
Purging is so hard, I really feel for anyone who is in the process and I hope you don't.

Leslie Mary S
09-17-2020, 03:52 AM
Don't purge!

Box it all up, tape it shut, mark the box as engine parts or something equally boring and hide it in plain sight in the garage. In a month or two you will be wanting it all back again.

I like the "ENGINE PARTS" but I can't use that. Instead I use "MODEL RAILROAD" or "ART SUPPLIES". My Number two daughter was one of the mechanics in the house. But I am lucky now because she is now one of my support GGs in the know. She also is my beautician. She is a State certified beautician instructor.
She lives across county (24 miles) from me. Her SO is also In The Know but is not much of a support person.

Kay J
09-17-2020, 05:12 AM
I would buy all new outfits if i was going to purge my old ones no jk please don't purge learn by everyone mistake!!!

JocelynJames
09-17-2020, 05:47 AM
This sounds like me when I can?t ride motorcycle for the winter and start thinking about selling by February. Then come April and the snow is gone I say one more ride before I sell . Next thing I know it?s Thanksgiving and time to think about putting it away for winter again.
I wouldn?t purge. I have dressed only a few times this year , but the clothes are there as a reminder. I?ve never purged and I don?t know what it would take for me to get there. Give it time, and you?ll probably thank us for telling you not to. Just my 2 cents

Jeri Rene
09-17-2020, 06:12 AM
I will add another "don't do it" to the pile. I have purged a few times now and regret it. The urge to dress may have faded but it comes back, at least in my experience.

GretchenM
09-17-2020, 06:53 AM
Char GG's suggestion is a good one (IMHO the best). Cull out the stuff that is not of value to you and keep the rest - STORED AWAY somewhere that is not easily noticeable or obtainable. There is a psychological reason for not purging that may apply to you. It is related to the saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

After you purge you will view it as a loss and that will create a kind of emptiness in that cubby hole. It becomes a stressor. You want what you threw away back. That can work its way from your memory back into your consciousness and the neural circuits that generate a sense of loss. The more that happens, the stronger it gets and the stronger it gets the more likely that which was a problem that created the purge (crossdressing) will become desirable again.

Storing it away where it requires a good deal of work to get to it will help avoid this series of thinking patterns that create the sense of loss and the subsequent desires. You know you still possess it and that is assuring to the needy thinking circuits. Will it avoid it ever coming back again? Probably not. But the return is due to other processes and not the presence of the clothes. Knowing your stuff is still there your brain will not feel so much loss and can deal with the deprivation by allowing you to find other interests to fill the hole created by the complete purge.

Will this action last and result in you never having a need to retrieve the stored things? Maybe, but far more likely not. That is because these shifts to an alternative gender sense is a part of your identity and is not produced by women's clothes. Wearing women's clothes is the expression of that characteristic of your identity. That said, gender identity can change if it is not due to a genetic configuration that produces a predisposition to crossdress BECAUSE you have female-like feelings that need to be satisfied in that way. In a few of us it can go away; in the vast majority it is just the way you are configured and attempts to shift it to a different direction ultimately fail.

When trying to limit this behavior with things like purging, one must keep the details of the nature of the "beast" in mind and work within that framework to be successful. And that is part of the reason why purging almost always fails - when it is a part of your fundamental configuration getting rid of it is like cutting off your arm because it gets in the way when you are lying down. You can adapt to not having that arm, but you will always miss it to some extent. So, if you cut off your arm store it away in liquid nitrogen so if you decide you need it again you can retrieve it and maybe reattach it. Your women's clothes are to your identity as your arm is to your ability to do the things you need to do.

Jenny Elwood
09-17-2020, 07:23 AM
This sounds like me when I can?t ride motorcycle for the winter

:eek:

Not ride in Winter!? Madness I tell you! :bonk: Just kidding, over here in South Africa riding in winter is often the best time. Our winters are cold(dish) in the morning and early evening but it's ALWAYS dry (no rain or snow). So if you're properly insulated it's actually great for riding without the worry of running into foul weather later on. :)

Regarding purging, if you're keeping your skirts you may as well keep the rest because unless you purge completely, you really haven't purged at all... :thinking:

Paulie Birmingham
09-17-2020, 07:37 AM
Whether you purge or not, wives have ways of finding stuff. I thought I had great hiding place. I was wrong but worked out for the best. There are many stories here about supposedly great hiding spaces that get discovered. And if you get discovered, explaining panties and pantyhose is a lot easier than explaining forms.

Genifer Teal
09-17-2020, 09:37 AM
I've never heard a good purging story. That's kind of like saying raise your hand if you're not here. I get it. the point is, purging doesn't make this go away. You may not believe it now but maybe down the road you will. perhaps counseling can help. What it will do is help you see the future before you get there. We can never get back time. You can learn the lessons yourself and figure it out on your own. Getting help can give you a clearer understanding of what's going on SOONER.What I thought about my future at 30 is very different then my future at 50. Had I known things I know now I would have done things very differently at 30. I can't get those years back. Don't knock the idea of counseling it may stop some repetitive detrimental behavior that may prevent you from getting where you need to be. it could lead you on a clear path to the Future that's right for you. Packing your troubles away or denying them (throwing away), probably means you will have to deal with them another day. Think of the time that will be lost.

SophyV
09-17-2020, 10:14 AM
Again thanks everyone for your advice. I will store my stuff. Better to have and don?t need than need and don?t have. I will go through it though and get rid of som of my earlier pieces that don?t fit well or I am no longer feeling. Thank you all. I knew asking would help.

Angie G
09-17-2020, 04:01 PM
Never purge. you will most likely keep going back to dressing.:hugs:
Angie

Ally 2112
09-17-2020, 04:18 PM
I think you get it don't do it :)

helenejo
09-17-2020, 04:23 PM
Another to the "don't do it" pile...the crossdressing gene will always come back. Put your stuff in storage if need be if you are worried about it being found

Pumped
09-17-2020, 05:36 PM
Nothing wrong with cleaning out the closet and getting rid of clothing you don't wear, but don't toss it all, you will regret it later.

Crissy 107
09-17-2020, 09:34 PM
Cleaning out the closet or thinning the herd is ok but it is not at all purging. Never purge.

Asew
09-18-2020, 09:09 AM
You could prune the collection and put a few in a really good hiding place just in case the fog rolls back in for them.

My dressing use to consist of wearing fake boobs (usually water balloons) because the only way it seemed right was shape my body like a woman. Over time I came to the realization I didn't want to be a woman, just enjoy the parts that I liked (since then I have accepted myself as non-binary). So I gave up the bras and boobs. But since I didn't want to regret such a decision I hid them away for several months just to make sure then eventually purged them all. I have no problem wearing a dress flat chested as it feels more authentic for me. Pick the dresses that work for me, not changing my body to fill the dress :)

Devi SM
09-18-2020, 12:00 PM
Sophy,

I haven't read all the comments in this thread, I don't kmow how old are and know nothing about you but I can say a couple of things, what most of crossdressers feel is a life thing, not a Hobbie and with the years turns stronger.
You already answer yourself, you will change mind and regret is a worse feeling than the fear of keep your stuff store. Just find a safe place and forget abiut them, later, for sure you will need them.

Devi

Jackiemtv
09-18-2020, 12:09 PM
I'll add my "Don't Purge" as many others have stated. I really think you will regret it down the road. If you think you really do want to, just wait a while. Give it some time before you do. You just might be glad you waited.

SophyV
09-18-2020, 02:10 PM
You could prune the collection and put a few in a really good hiding place just in case the fog rolls back in for them.

My dressing use to consist of wearing fake boobs (usually water balloons) because the only way it seemed right was shape my body like a woman. Over time I came to the realization I didn't want to be a woman, just enjoy the parts that I liked (since then I have accepted myself as non-binary). So I gave up the bras and boobs. But since I didn't want to regret such a decision I hid them away for several months just to make sure then eventually purged them all. I have no problem wearing a dress flat chested as it feels more authentic for me. Pick the dresses that work for me, not changing my body to fill the dress :)

Right now this is where my head is at. Thank you so much.

DonnaP
09-19-2020, 07:05 AM
I also am In closet and have purged multiple times once for your reasons. Then before you know it the urge is back the Fem side takes over again and you will be back in store replacing all u have purged at an even far greater cost. Stopping is sio hard when half of you love being a Woman believe me. No one can decide but you just please take your time and don't just rush into purge.

Donna 💋

stefcd1
09-19-2020, 03:17 PM
I will give you my experience with purging which I have done several times in my life - DON'T DO IT

Cheryl T
09-20-2020, 10:19 AM
Those words "I am in the closet and always will be". Where have I heard them before? Oh, that's right that's what I said like 20 times.
I'll just throw all these things away and it will be over, I'll never dress again. Purge.
Oh well, that didn't work.

Maybe for you it will.
I can say that for me and many of us It Won't Work.
I've purged a dozen times and now I'm nearly full time thanks to this Covid. I was nearing that point before all this started, but now I just don't feel like myself if I'm not dressed.

I wish you all the luck in the world if you decide to purge and resolve to never dress again.

Liz Jones
09-21-2020, 03:50 AM
It has been said (more than once )dont purge but put your stash away, fine but what if you put your stuff away for ,say a couple of years then get it out? The dresses,shoes ect will be out of date! not a problem if "in the closet" but if you go outside..........

Leslie Mary S
09-21-2020, 04:18 AM
Many of us pretending to be a woman born in a male body.
When in fact, we have been acting like a male our body is when in fact we have a female mind set which we have had to keep hidden and are just letting out.

Leslie Mary S
09-27-2020, 06:13 AM
The number of people who have stopped dressing and stayed that way is probably less then the number of people who have ceased to smoke or drink and stayed that way.
So box up you girlie goodies and stash the box somewhere that others are likely to go in to. Make sure you get it all. If you don't then you are just cutting back.
But please keep checking in with all of us.

Angela Marie
09-27-2020, 06:15 AM
My advice after two purges is DON'T. After my last purge, when I got rid of some beautiful outfits, I did not dress for a year. I finally came to peace with myself and my feminine feelings and started dressing again.

mylilsecret8
10-01-2020, 09:00 AM
I thought about doing a complete purge but decided to just do a partial purge. There were several things I rarely wore and others that were becoming worn so I started with them. Then I got rid of things that were duplicates and my stash was reduced in half. I did as others recommended and put many of the remaining items away in storage that are very low risk of being discovered and kept a few small items close by. This achieved avoiding regret of full purge, reduced stress of getting caught and allows me to fulfill need to dress on occasion. Best of luck to you and your decision!

coleenedinburgh
10-02-2020, 04:19 AM
I would not purge if you have an attic put in a trunk you will go back to them

TolerantCD
10-02-2020, 06:01 AM
From past experience, the pink fog will come back and you will wish you hadn't purged. Tho sometimes a purge can be refreshing to make a new wardrobe out of it and new style, but pretty much every one here will tell you that it will come back. Also this current world situation won't last forever and things will get back to normal someday (not soon enough for most of us, but it will)

What is pink fog?

Liz Jones
10-02-2020, 06:13 AM
The urge to crossdress.

Joyce Swindell
10-02-2020, 07:33 AM
If we lived close I could help you with that 😃! What size do you wear?
😉

FrannGurl
10-02-2020, 08:19 AM
I did it a few times about 8-10 years ago. Never again!.... Like others have said here, maybe you should think about it, because it's likely the urge will come back, and it can be pretty expensive replacing everything. I suggest taking your things and storing them away for a time, just to see if that's the case. The urge to dress again could come back weeks, months, or even a few years down the road. It's different for everyone but likely will come back.

Kimberly A.
10-02-2020, 09:19 AM
SophyV, here's my two cents worth..... Of course, I can see a lot of people here trying to talk you out of purging. I say, do what feels right for YOU. No one here knows your thoughts and feelings better than you do. You have to take care of YOU. So if purging is the right thing for you to do, then do it. As others have said, the "pink fog" may roll back in and you might wish that you had never purged if you do that, but on the other hand, you might be glad that you did..... ONLY you know if it's truly right for you or not. :)

Now, if you're looking for a definitive answer, looking for one or more person here to tell you, "Yes, purge" or "No, don't purge" then that might not be the best idea..... Why? Because like I said, only you know what's best for you and no one else here does.

JennyJCD
10-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Purging is not always terrible. It is fair that we think that but every so often looking at ourselves and addressing the elephant in the closet is never a bad idea. Controlled purging is probably the best. I probably wouldn't purge wigs or breast forms as those can be a pain to replace. I'd might suggest looking for someone near you, you can kind of store them with them until the pink fog rolls in again cause it almost always does. Small purging as your re-evaluate your style and life is not necessarily a bad thing, just really weigh the options especially since it sounds like you are being clear headed about it. Think what if it does come back would I reasonably be able to replace this? Would I want to?
I recently made a CD friend and I can say almost all of my future purging will probably going into their closet and vice versa.

Julie Martin
10-02-2020, 01:22 PM
Sophy, you may be done reading these..add me to the list of "don't purge".

I've purged 3-4 times over 40 years, but now have more girl stuff than ever..what HAS changed for me, is that my urge to dress has faded over time, and is now very infrequent..I do it once or twice a year, sometimes as long as 18 months between dressing. But when I do, I go for as totally believable a look as possible, and do it for a couple of days straight, doing all kinds of actitivies. My girl gear, however, lives in a storage facility an hour's drive away, intentionally. I don't want CDing to take up any more of my life than it does, and keeping my girl stuff off site keeps me from being tempted if a mild "pink fog" should show up. So my outings are long-planned, elaborate "vacatons" from my male self. I really enjoy them, but when I'm done I put Julie away and go about my life as usual, and don't miss CDing at all. BUT..I know that within 6-12 months, I'll want to do another mega-Julie outing...so no purge for me.

I do recommend using a storage facility if you go long periods without dressing, and can afford it. If it would be really bad if your wife found out..that's not worth the risk, in my opinion. That part's not easy.

Rachael Ray
10-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Hi all. It has been a while. The pandemic has limited my time I can devote to CD and related activities. As a result the pink fog I was in last year has mostly rolled out. At the moment I am comfortable wearing skirts when Incan but no longer feel the need to go full drag. So, I am considering purging those things like my wig makeup and breast forms. As a reminder, I am in the closet and will always be, so the more I have around the more chance I have of getting caught. I am looking for some input. I don?t want to purge then the fog rolls in again and have to start over. At the same time, I am not sure it will. Thanks in advance for your advice.

As one who has done it and have regrets, DON"T DO IT!

PetiteDuality
10-02-2020, 05:15 PM
I'm also in the closet and will always be.

I've purged hundreds of times. All these clothes (and money) directly to the trashcan. I miss some of the things I've purged, specially the shoes and my Veronica 2.

However, being caught is not an option for some of us.

So, you have some options:

1) Purge. It might give you peace of mind for not getting caught.
2) Get a very good hiding place. Right now I only have few stuff and it's hidden in by boxing bag :-)
3) Store it outside of your home. In the city I live, I found a wonderful CD transformation studio. They offer the service of storage, laundry, ironing, etc. I'm planning to use it once I order my forms and curves. They also sell clothes that you can try on, in a safe place.

My 2 cents ;-)

Sallee
10-02-2020, 05:27 PM
in general the advice here will be DON"T but if you must send it to me. No seriously the only one who will make out is the dress shop and the breast form store You will be back

mbmeen12
10-03-2020, 03:21 AM
Never purge, just secure it in air tight containers etc...Regret is just that.

Crissy 107
10-03-2020, 05:59 AM
I actually cringe when I see the word purge.

Lacey New
10-03-2020, 07:20 AM
Well, I will go against the grain a little bit and advise you to do what you think Is right for your situation. If it means purging, then do so. I have done it several times and each time, I have purged some things that are now out of style and are almost impossible to replace. On a certain level, I regret losing those items but in the grand scheme of things, it was better than getting caught. I am going through a similar situation now and I will be purging a lot of stuff that I have duplicates and triplicates of but I will exercise discretion and keep a very small stash of just those things that I cannot replace and that I particularly like.

Liz Jones
10-04-2020, 04:24 AM
As female fashion seems to go in circles what you have now will go out of fashion-- only to come back into fashion in years to come!!
Liz

SophyV
10-05-2020, 09:40 AM
All. Again thanks for the advice. I am waiting for the right moment to move my small amount of stuff out of my house. We might be moving soon and explaining a sea bag full of women?s cloths isn?t something I am prepared to do. I?ll probably take the opportunity to get rid of a few pieces that don?t fit right but will end up keeping most of the stuff in there.

mylilsecret8
10-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Sophy, you may be done reading these..add me to the list of "don't purge".

I've purged 3-4 times over 40 years, but now have more girl stuff than ever..what HAS changed for me, is that my urge to dress has faded over time, and is now very infrequent..I do it once or twice a year, sometimes as long as 18 months between dressing. But when I do, I go for as totally believable a look as possible, and do it for a couple of days straight, doing all kinds of actitivies. My girl gear, however, lives in a storage facility an hour's drive away, intentionally. I don't want CDing to take up any more of my life than it does, and keeping my girl stuff off site keeps me from being tempted if a mild "pink fog" should show up. So my outings are long-planned, elaborate "vacatons" from my male self. I really enjoy them, but when I'm done I put Julie away and go about my life as usual, and don't miss CDing at all. BUT..I know that within 6-12 months, I'll want to do another mega-Julie outing...so no purge for me.

I do recommend using a storage facility if you go long periods without dressing, and can afford it. If it would be really bad if your wife found out..that's not worth the risk, in my opinion. That part's not easy.

Julie, your outlook on CDing is the direction I'm going. It takes so much of my time and I'm thinking of doing it once a year while out of town for several days. I did this a few weeks ago and it was amazing to be dressed femme the entire time, not worrying what strangers thought.

BrendaPDX
10-06-2020, 07:59 AM
I can only speak for myself, but many others have said the same thing. The pink fog will roll back in, and when does it will come in hard. I am with the others, put it in a box and put it in deep storage. It is good to cull the old things you don't wear but hold onto the basics like your wig and forms, the makeup will not do well in deep storage. Good luck and stay safe.

MarieTS
10-10-2020, 02:32 AM
Sophy, a very difficult predicament all can relate to. Do yourself a big favor and pay close attention to what nearly everyone advised.
Now, personally speaking, the greatest purge ever was when I got rid of all my guy things! :daydreaming:

CDHaley
10-11-2020, 10:27 PM
Every time I purge, I?m sorry in a few days

KellyTerry1819
10-19-2020, 10:39 AM
I agree with others - don't purge it, at least not all. I'm talking from experience and know that the urge will come back and then you end up spending money on starting over.
My purges have been done when I moved between towns and from sweden to canada. The break may last a year (hard to do much when living with inlaws full time) but it came back.
So I suggest you find a place to store clothes and wigs. The only thing questionable would be makeup since it has a shelf life, might not be that good idea to put on a 2 year old lipstick
/kt

Jennifer Medina
11-01-2020, 03:36 AM
I'm purging, but for a good reason. I've lost 40 pounds since March. Given that weight gain has been the norm these days, I must be a contrarian.

Not everything is going to Goodwill. I'm keeping two dresses and two skirts, all bought in 1996 the last time before now I had a reasonable weight. Those items certainly aren't the latest in fashion but I've always liked them and have kept them all this time for when I'd hopefully again be able to wear them.

Crissy 107
11-01-2020, 06:36 AM
Jennifer, Most of us do not consider that purging but just getting rid of clothes that do not fit or you do not like anymore.
Getting rid of ones feminine items out of guilt and shame to me is purging and is something that the person will regret at some point.

Maria 60
11-01-2020, 07:35 AM
Unfortunately it's in our blood and it's not going anywhere. I purged once and I had an amazing slip that I regret letting go. I still remember the girls face as we were making out at a young age and asked her for her slip. Funny she gave it to me but with a confused look on her face for maybe not asking for something else. It was beautiful and I also gave up so many other articles I now can't replace.

Liz Jones
11-01-2020, 07:35 AM
I'm purging, but for a good reason. I've lost 40 pounds since March. Given that weight gain has been the norm these days, I must be a contrarian.

Not everything is going to Goodwill. I'm keeping two dresses and two skirts, all bought in 1996 the last time before now I had a reasonable weight. Those items certainly aren't the latest in fashion but I've always liked them and have kept them all this time for when I'd hopefully again be able to wear them.

Not in fashion---- this week !
fashion goes round &round........

Lacey New
11-01-2020, 07:40 AM
Julie,
I?m pretty much in the same place you are. Except for wearing panties every now and then and maybe a bra, my real dress up times have become few and far between. And, contrary to what many people have posted, recently I purged about 90% of my wardrobe including all of my outerwear, dresses, blouses, etc. I just did not want it to be my legacy.

Jennifer Medina
11-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Jennifer, Most of us do not consider that purging but just getting rid of clothes that do not fit or you do not like anymore.
Getting rid of ones feminine items out of guilt and shame to me is purging and is something that the person will regret at some point.

Good point. I was probably being tone deaf describing it as a purge, which I've also done myself many years ago.

cindylouho
11-02-2020, 03:22 PM
I am in the closet and will always be

Never say never Sophy. I came out to my wife and its the best decision I could have made, now we share it all. If you can somehow come out to your SO you'll find the CD experience is infinitely richer.

Trione
11-04-2020, 11:46 PM
well as more miad then passable, most of my lady clothes were satin or lace panties, teddie, and fine nightgowns..I do have a few skirts but since wife passed away 8 years ago, I have no one to share my dressing with. Still get some personal satisfaction when I wear what I have left but as Items wear out they are not being replace. no one to go shopping with is one of the thinks I do miss. so while I haven't given up completely I have reduced what I have just do to age. Maybe at some point I will get a new new dress and some nice bras.

cindylouho
11-05-2020, 08:54 AM
Never heard the phrase "Pink fog" till I got here, and it certainly is an apt term for the vibe, which I'm deep in it right now myself. If I'm not mistaken, purging is something we first do when we're young, not living alone, and have amassed a small collection of possibly stolen lingerie, at least that how it was for me, sadly it continued for most of my life until earlier this year, now I have a chest and clothing rack for my stuff and lots of choices every morning, me happy. So... echoing everyone's statements here, don't do it.

JenniferMBlack
11-07-2020, 11:04 PM
O was thinking of purging as well. I still can't bring myself to go through with it. So all those male clothes have been placed into storage. Then when the time is right I will get rid of them.

BLUE ORCHID
11-08-2020, 08:18 PM
Hi Sophy :hugs:, Purging never turns out very well,

Read line #4 in my signature a few times,

Take two asprin and call me in the Morning, >Orchid **o:daydreaming:o**

Naomi18
11-08-2020, 09:01 PM
We moved a few years back. My artist studio was in a two-story garage in the backyard. I had quite a shoe and clothing collection, but I was so paranoid to leave it there while looking for a place to live in another state. I threw it all away, and now I wish I hadn?t. I miss the shoes especially.

Sissy_Michelle
11-09-2020, 01:23 PM
SophyV,

This has happened to me a few times, and not because of COVIDs. My suggestion is to purge everything you don?t want into a box. Then put the box out of sight, like the attic, or out building. This will save you some money later or some grief that you tossed out a dress or outfit that you like and can no longer get.

@?}??
Michelle

SophyV
11-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all of the advice. I have packed up all of my stuff and am storing it outside the home. I did throw out the old makeup and some homemade forms that were not quite right. So I will have them when I need them.

jen(Jenni)nifer
11-09-2020, 02:03 PM
I have purged several times in what is a life long journey (starting around 7) and each purge has been so regretful. In that last purge I let go of a bra that I absolutely loved and miss.