PDA

View Full Version : How has covid lockdown effected you- poll?

Aka_Donna
09-18-2020, 11:57 PM
Easy question and comments are welcome.

WHAT HAS BEEN EFFECT OF COVID LOCKDOWN ON YOU?

+1 dress size
=0 no size change
-1 dress size

Unfortunately for me it's plus 1. weight has stayed steady, but distribution. We don't want to discuss that much :-)

BeckyPickleschlitz
09-19-2020, 01:34 AM
Well I live and work in perhaps the safest area in the continental USA, so I?m not sure how much COVID-19 effects my life beyond the fear that nothing will ever be the same as it was. That perhaps masks and social distancing will just be a fact of life for here on out.

That being said, have had a bit of a ?weight shift? since the new year. But let?s get real- I need to cut out the high carb craft beers. Thank goodness for large breast forms corsets!

Vikky
09-19-2020, 04:22 AM
No change here. My biggest problem is that my SO isn?t going out at all in the evenings so no dressing except in my (wo) man cave.
Vikky

Connie D50
09-19-2020, 04:52 AM
It's funny talking to friends (male and female) for every LBS one friend lost another friend gained lol.

I'm a -1 dress size. I hope I can keep it that way, but I have over the years be a yoyo diet person.

Crissy 107
09-19-2020, 05:16 AM
Also no change here, I try and be careful plus being back at the gym helps.

Davina2833
09-19-2020, 06:20 AM
Hi Crissy,

I'm with you no change here, just need to be careful when junk food appears..try not to buy.

Davina

Trish
09-19-2020, 06:40 AM
No difference in weight for me.

SaraLin
09-19-2020, 06:46 AM
I'm the same size so far, but I'm being a bit careful to eat a bit less, because I'm just sitting around the house a lot these days.
I haven't been an actual dress in far too long.

Jean 103
09-19-2020, 07:08 AM
I'm still about a size 14.

I would like to drop five pounds before DVL in about a month, but that's not happening. Normally I would just crash diet , stop eating. But I can't afford to get sick so no crash dieting.

Natalie5004
09-19-2020, 07:40 AM
No change for me.

I could drop 20 lbs before and still can.

GretchenM
09-19-2020, 07:58 AM
It is a mixed bag. In most respects it has had a limited effect on my personal life. But the balance of personal and social living have been upset quite a bit. Being Gretchen though has become easier and far, far more comfortable. That said, my circumstances are unusual with respect to my wife and dressing - a long story that is not very uplifting. Our love for each other during this now 3 year long separation for good reasons remains strong. She knows about Gretchen although she has yet to meet her and, in some respects, is a bit afraid to - some things you can't unsee. So, the pandemic and the isolation has certainly been challenging in many respects, I know it will very likely end someday so we can actually see the smiles of others rather than imagine it based on their eyes. Life is not as good, but it really isn't as bad as it could be - I am still healthy and in times like this that is the most important thing. I still wear the same size as before even though it is a bit tighter around the middle. Too bad it is so hard to shift that down to my butt.

Pumped
09-19-2020, 08:15 AM
-1 for me. Eating at home instead of going out which we used to do many times a week. Eating better quality food, and less of it.

fireandlace
09-19-2020, 08:24 AM
I am in the closet and my wife doesn’t know. Her job shut down so I had no opportunity to dress. When she went back to work, one day a week, I had my first opportunity for girl time in months. That opportunity forced me to get on a scale because I felt like I was sausage squeezing into a casing. I had put on 15 pounds. I am now down 20 pounds and hoping for more. For your scale I will say I was almost +1, now I am almost -1, currently 0.

Lisa516
09-19-2020, 08:34 AM
0 Still skinny, never have been able to gain weight, even tried once..

Fran Moore
09-19-2020, 09:10 AM
~0~ Being TG has a positive effect on the way I maintain my figure. It is also very much a lifestyle choice to stay in shape so that I like what I see in the mirror on a daily basis, stay healthy, (and fit into my clothes!). I keep my BMI at 20-21.

bridget thronton
09-19-2020, 10:13 AM
No size change

Teresa
09-19-2020, 02:28 PM
SirDonna,
I've put a little weight on but not enough to change a dress size ( UK 12 ) , I'm not eating more it's just less exercise , I'm in a situation where my dog is walking slower and not as far as . She's now 12+ , when I got her as a puppy I lost 28lbs in two months just by increasing my walking pace and distance , my last labrador made 14 .

Robertacd
09-19-2020, 03:02 PM
I have put on a couple pounds not enough to change dress sizes but enough to make my jeans noticeably tighter around the waist.

Taylor186
09-19-2020, 03:29 PM
0 ~ No change

kayegirl
09-19-2020, 04:44 PM
I've lost a couple of kilos, so about 4 or 5 lbs, not much but I have also lost some inches from my waist. I can now put on some skirts without opening the zip or other fasteners, even had to start wearing a belt with some. Can't say that my diet has changed that much, except perhaps a lot less snacking, and I have been doing a lot of work in the garage and garden.

AngelaYVR
09-19-2020, 04:56 PM
Been the same slender size for years and covid hasn’t changed anything. I have always been active and that allows me to eat pretty much anything I want and stay slim. Besides, all my favourite skirts fit this waistline!

Lana Mae
09-19-2020, 05:26 PM
0-I have lost 7 pounds in 6 months! Not enough for a dress size change however! I have been losing since I started watching my intake due to being diabetic! Hugs Lana Mae

docrobbysherry
09-19-2020, 06:22 PM
Lost 5 pounds. That I didn't need to lose! But, I can't blame it on covid. Which hasn't affected my lifestyle all that much!:battingeyelashes:

Star01
09-19-2020, 07:31 PM
If anyone remembers my pre-covid post last year about going on a diet please don't laugh too hard. I have gained 8-10 above where I was at when I started dieting. I just started going on walks every day and eating more sensibly. I haven't been able to dress and am not going out unless I have to. Better days are coming and dressing opportunities better than the underdressing I do every day will return.

HollyGreene
09-19-2020, 07:39 PM
-1. I have some items that I can now get into again, which has been great. It's a real downer when you discover you can't get into one of your favourite outfits, but a real ego boost when they fit again.

VivianNewkirk
09-19-2020, 09:15 PM
No change in weight or size, but serendipitously more fit. I was not subject to any limits on individual outdoor exercise, but much of the world was. The online indoor training platforms all responded with lots of extended free trials. So I tried them all, on top of my usual outdoor training.

suezeq
09-20-2020, 05:01 AM
no change here

Karmen
09-20-2020, 05:50 AM
Unfortunately for me is plus 1. Now I look like a pregnant lady when wearing tight dress.

Judy-Somthing
09-20-2020, 07:38 AM
It actually worked out for me.
I've lost twenty pounds, I can't believe I'm at the weight my doctor says I should be.
I can see me feet now.

mylilsecret8
09-20-2020, 01:32 PM
I've gone down 1 dress size, mostly because of a goal to lose weight for an out of town trip where I would have time to dress femme. Biggest change is since I was on the trip and flew on crowded plane, I have been in 2 week self quaranteen in our basement. My wife stays on the main level and we only see each other briefly in the stairs. So...this gives me freedom to wear cute clothes, lingerie, sleep in night gown, etc. I keep male tshirt and gym shorts near by in case I need to enter the stairway for conversation. I've become talented at taking off my dresses, skirts, bras in less than a minute so hasn't been a problem.

Signed,
The "Gurl" in the downstairs appartment :battingeyelashes:

Kelly DeWinter
09-20-2020, 05:52 PM
This is tough;

Yep 6 dress sizes.

I've lost almost 50 pounds in a month and have no been able to regain the weight.

Still seeing doctors.

CynthiaD
09-20-2020, 07:08 PM
I've lost 20 pounds. My dresses all still seem to fit though. I can wear tighter clothing without looking like I'm wearing a balloon under my dress, and that's a plus.

sometimes_miss
09-21-2020, 06:23 AM
Hasn't affected me at all. I practice universal precautions at work, and just continued it socially. Bothers some people that I won't shake their hand or hug them, but too bad.
Same weight.

Cheryl T
09-21-2020, 11:42 AM
No size change for me at all.
My closet on the other hand has begun to bulge. Must admit I've purchased more than I should have, but who cares. Also this reinforces my statement that I'm still the same size....LOL

Territx
09-21-2020, 03:50 PM
Not sure about the change in dress size yet since I have not been shopping, but I am down "15 lbs." so I am anxious to see what difference it makes.

Angela Marie
09-21-2020, 05:32 PM
I've been a runner for 40 years but I cut back before the pandemic and was doing spinning. Now I run about 20 miles per week and workout on my bike on the off days. Lost about 10 pds. Now between 135-140, 28-29 waist. Size 6

tooshytogoout
09-22-2020, 11:52 AM
I have lost weight