PDA

View Full Version : If there were no Social Judgement, How would you dress

Raychel
09-21-2020, 08:56 PM
If the world were totally accepting without judgement

How would you dress?
Would you dress totally enfemme including wigs and makeup?
Would you still dress as a guy?

Or somewhere in between?

For me I would dress complete with forms and dress or nice outfit,
But only from the neck down.
Very much like my avatar

Interested to hear others opinions

docrobbysherry
09-21-2020, 09:00 PM
To be honest? I dress to the 9's or nothing!:battingeyelashes:

So, for me the only difference is, maybe once a month I'd go shopping looking like a deva or a hooker!?:devil:

Val_Blackbird
09-21-2020, 09:09 PM
I honestly think I am way better looking as a woman*, so removing the social stigma, I'd very close to fully transition socially, I think. So, for sure, I'd be in what we in our reality consider female attire, wig and all. In this hypothetical reality, it wouldn't actually be "women's" clothing, by definition, I don't think.

But, I would keep The Gentleman in place. I don't think I'd go that far.

*Admittedly, this is a very low bar to clear.

Bea_
09-21-2020, 09:14 PM
I'd continue with my androgynous/hybrid look but be more public with it. I haven't done forms and, since it would be a sticking point for my wife, it's not worth giving up the acceptance/tolerance that I have now. Not sure I'd like forms anyway.

Cacique82
09-21-2020, 09:17 PM
If the world were totally accepting.

I would prob be in the middle. Would prefer to go out in blouses, jeans and heels, casual look. But would alternate between male clothes as well.

Robertacd
09-21-2020, 09:44 PM
I am pretty much full time now, so... yeah seeing as "social judgement" is the only thing that stopped me, I would have done this a long time ago. If "no social judgement" also meant that surgery was available and covered by insurance without years of jumping through gate-geeper hoops, I would fully transition and never look back. But how would I dress on a daily basis? Just like any woman my age that's trying to look a bit younger because she can still pull it off :p

Bea_, what if no social judgement included your wife?

Shely
09-21-2020, 09:46 PM
Yes, i would love to live where what you wore didn't matter at all, that would open up a whole new world for me, I think!

MaryAnn1963
09-21-2020, 09:54 PM
Fem every day... not always to the 9's. But occasionally you just have to flaunt it!!

Raychel
09-21-2020, 10:46 PM
Very interesting Responses so far.

Keep them coming

I certainly feel that i look better in a dress and forms
But as soon as I put on a wig, it all looks pretty fake to me
Not to mention that wigs are so hot and uncomfortable

Kelli_cd
09-21-2020, 11:10 PM
"If the world were totally accepting without judgement..."
If that includes my wife, I'm pretty sure I'd go all out.
Wig, makeup, nice forms, padding where it should be, and a really nice (and comfortable) wardrobe!

Gardener
09-22-2020, 01:01 AM
For me, choice is restricted by bearing in mind my partner?s preference that I do not dress at all in clothes deemed feminine. It is quite a narrow line to walk! For me I would like to wake up, smell the air, reflect what I was doing that day and how I felt. Then choose clothes that suited how my world seemed that day.

suzanne
09-22-2020, 01:20 AM
I have developed my own version of Man In A Dress, and I take every opportunity to get put in the world looking my very best, which includes either a dress or, most commonly now, a skirt with complimentary top and shoes. The more I get out, the more my confidence grows, in part because of the reaction I get from the people I meet. That reaction is, "This is No Big Deal", as illustrated by the fact that those reactions are identical to when i am drab.

In that light, I feel no desire to change my presentation should the level of acceptance "improve". To me, the acceptance level is already high enough to give me all the freedom i need. If I ever feel the need to buy a wig and include it in my presentation, I'd buy one that day.

Christina89
09-22-2020, 01:37 AM
How would you dress?
Would you dress totally enfemme including wigs and makeup?
Would you still dress as a guy?

Or somewhere in between?

I would probably come out more as Christina. Both in work and daily living. But I would still be my male self at the same time.

Jeanettew
09-22-2020, 02:01 AM
What a great day that would be, to work I would wear a dress shirt "Ben Sherman" nice skirt. Stockings and heels, then

Out I would still wear a skirt everywhere every day and ditch the Male trousers.

Very happy to wear male cloths waist up but female waist down.

This would be my ideal dress style, MIAD

bridget thronton
09-22-2020, 02:15 AM
Dress, heels, and light makeup (unless I was doing yard work)

Kay J
09-22-2020, 05:20 AM
Well out working in jeans and tee but just hanging out well dress fully feminine!:battingeyelashes:

SaraLin
09-22-2020, 05:58 AM
If the world were totally accepting without judgement

Well - If the world was totally without judgement, then there really wouldn't be such a thing as male or female clothing - well beyond tailoring for body shape - right?

So - then it would boil down to what I'd like. Me? I always prefer a dress or skirt over any form of pants. They're just more comfortable, unless they're too short and you have to keep tugging them down. If I'm climbing ladders or something that might show what I don't want shown, I might have to opt for shorts, culottes, or even slacks.

Panties? Shaved body? Perfumes? Jewelry? Other things I'm forgetting at the moment? Sure.

Bras? Wigs? Shapewear? Forms? H-m-m-m. I don't know. They're inconvenient and often uncomfortable, but I guess that since I think that I'd still really prefer to be perceived as an actual female, I'd still try to look the part.

GretchenM
09-22-2020, 06:42 AM
I would dress any way that I wanted. It would depend on what I am doing. Shopping? En femme. Yard work or building something, then in drab. Forget the stereotypes and dress in a way that is appropriate for the occasion. Presumably, nobody would care what anybody is wearing so it would be complete freedom with no constraints. Be yourself.

Teresa
09-22-2020, 06:57 AM
Rachel,
Making the decision to be full time means " Grasping the nettle " and dealing with society . The big revelation is they aren't judgemental , my life is pretty well normal . I obviously don't dress as a guy , why do I need to ? In my new home town I'm only know as Teresa and it's getting very much that way in my old home town .

On the whole if you stop looking for problems you won't get any , or at least that's what I've found .

GrtecheM,
If you recall my thread titled , It's totally possible " I've found not to make an excuse and just buy the appropriate women's work wear and get stuck in , I've really enjoyed it even with makeup and an old wig .

wendy
09-22-2020, 07:35 AM
If there was no social judgment, I'd be Wendy 93% of the time.

Only times I would be in drab mode are : gym, as I sweat profusely I don't like the idea of getting Wendy's clothes soaked in sweat and smelling like bad BO. Anytime I have to do labourious work like yard work, working on the cars, doing anything dirty, ...

Otherwise, I would be dressed like a corporate business woman : black tights, pencil skirt just above the knee, sleeveless blouse, matching blazer with the skirt, accessories like ankle bracelet, wrist bracelet, scarf or necklace, earrings, full makeup, false eye lash, wig, breastforms, hips, and butt pads.

luuv2dress
09-22-2020, 07:43 AM
I would keep a good mix depending on the season. However Warm weather would definitely be more dresses and heels though

kimdl93
09-22-2020, 07:51 AM
Over the past decade I have presented entirely as a woman in public more Timor?s than I can count. That includes the credit union, dry cleaners, grocery, Starbucks, various restaurants, the zoo, numerous museums, the auto dealership for maintenance, my optometrist, community events, the theatre and, occasionally, nightclubs. I?ve driven across country multiple time, stayed in hotels, had meals in very small town restaurants and even spent an afternoon at a small GM dealership waiting for repairs on one of those trips.

Never once did I experience social disapproval. If individuals disapproved, they kept it to themselves.

I won?t ever leave the house unless I?m fully made up and dressed...but that is just me.

Cheryl T
09-22-2020, 10:12 AM
I'd be full time.
I'm very close to that now thanks to Covid, but if everyone accepted I'd be there without hesitation.

NancySue
09-22-2020, 10:46 AM
I would dress full time. I?ve been dressing daily and nightly, including light makeup since being sequestered, some days with a wig and I love it. The fun is deciding what to wear every day...shorts, skirt, dress, hose, tee, sweater, blouse, etc. definitely panties, bra and forms.

sometimes_miss
09-22-2020, 02:13 PM
If nobody cared? I'd probably wear gothic lolita style dresses a lot, cheerleader uniforms, and girl school uniform outfits (tartan pleated skirts, plain tops, maybe penny loafers).
And maybe a sailor moon outfit. Hmmm...... Halloween is coming, maybe I'll do that last one anyway. At my age, maybe I can now get away with being eccentric.

JennyMay
09-22-2020, 02:41 PM
I would wear a skirt most, if not all, of the time.

French
09-22-2020, 11:01 PM
I would probably wear some feminine jeans/jeggings, a neutral shirt, and flats. I have done each of these separately, but i would like to do it all together. I prefer the casual look so much.

Stephanie47
09-23-2020, 01:36 AM
I feel very comfortable one way or the other with nothing in between. It all depends on my mind set at the time. I feel very comfortable wearing my grubby male clothes, unshaven, barefooted, or wearing a dress shirt, slacks and tie when required. As a woman it is dress and heels.

Angela Marie
09-23-2020, 05:41 AM
I would wear leggings with a nice top for most of daily outings. The leggings would be either black, patterned, or jean leggings; whatever my mood was that day. For a more formal outing an above the knee dress, pantyhose, and heels.

Michelle123
09-23-2020, 07:15 AM
I'm sure I would be totally out of place in this day and age. I would wear a girdle and sheer stockings every day, (as I do now in private), also I would wear a dress or skirt at all times when out of the house, with pumps. A bra with forms, slips, etc. But...As you stated. no social judgement.

Lana Mae
09-23-2020, 07:52 AM
I am out 24/7 and have had only a very few instances of "social judgement"! I also live in North Carolina, the bathroom state! I would continue as I now do! Hugs Lana Mae

SophyV
09-23-2020, 09:26 AM
I would dress in mixed fashion. Maybe skirt and men?s shirt one day and ladies blouse (paisley or animal print) and men?s jeans the next. I might do a ballet slipper. Basically if I liked it, I?d wear it.

*ROXY*
09-23-2020, 10:48 AM
I would wear skirts, dresses, gorgeous shoes and boots, some days just jeggings and a nice soft t-shirt. Wigs I could do without, too hot and annoying and sometimes a bit of makeup if my face was a bit hungover. I've never been an 'all or nothing' dresser, just what I feel like wearing at the time. Don't get me wrong, if I have a makeover done I love the result but to re-create anything like a makeover pros job, 1.5 hours is just too long a time.

fun4metoo2004
09-23-2020, 03:17 PM
I would like to think I would dress Femme most of the time.

Jenny22
09-23-2020, 04:16 PM
I'd dress fully femme with a bit of make up, but no wig. I'd let my hair grow out so it could be given a girly style.

Tracy Irving
09-23-2020, 04:30 PM
With no social judgement, I would love to pick out one of the many ball gowns hanging in the closet, over a hoop skirt, of course. But, if the mood so struck, one of my wedding dresses could be fun.

jami
09-24-2020, 06:25 AM
I also dress up just from the neck down.I feel very feminine when I dress

Kim Summers
09-24-2020, 06:55 AM
I would dress any way that I wanted. It would depend on what I am doing. Shopping? En femme. Yard work or building something, then in drab. Forget the stereotypes and dress in a way that is appropriate for the occasion. Presumably, nobody would care what anybody is wearing so it would be complete freedom with no constraints. Be yourself.

I would be the same. X x x

Raychel
09-24-2020, 09:54 AM
Great replies everyone,
very interesting to see everyone thoughts, and just how we all would dress
(If only we could)

I will say I have gone out to get Ice Cream a couple of times
in MIAD mode. Drive thru, and the girl working the window was VERY friendly, didnt not see to care how I was dressed
Another time there was a young man working the window. He seemed to be a bit taken-aback. but was very professional as well.

DanielleCD
09-24-2020, 11:37 AM
I would definitely bounce around... I would need a huge closet. I do a lot of "guy" stuff... but also love the soft stuff. General everyday I would be casual feminine. Otherwise it would depend on what I was doing. Working on cars. Masculine, t-shirt and jeans... going out to dinner or the city... dress and heels ultra fem. It would be fun if the world wasn't so judgy!

jacques
09-24-2020, 11:58 AM
hello Raychel,
I would dress as I really am - a bearded man in a dress.
stay healthy
luv J

Raychel
09-24-2020, 12:50 PM
I would definitely bounce around... I would need a huge closet. I do a lot of "guy" stuff... but also love the soft stuff. General everyday I would be casual feminine. Otherwise it would depend on what I was doing. Working on cars. Masculine, t-shirt and jeans... going out to dinner or the city... dress and heels ultra fem. It would be fun if the world wasn't so judgy!

Sounds perfect Danielle, Pretty much the way I would be, if i could still work, :daydreaming:

hello Raychel,
I would dress as I really am - a bearded man in a dress.
stay healthy
luv J

Sounds familiar, minus the beard. :)

StaceyJane
09-24-2020, 02:28 PM
I really love wearing dresses and would totally wear one all the time.

Bobbi46
09-24-2020, 02:50 PM
Pretty much as I do now, the more I go into the centre of town wher I am so much closer to people than I have been used to the more comfortable I have become. Weather dictates pretty much what we all wear and most times I have worn pants, but recently with the hot weather it was cool wearing long skirts. Today was a bit different and I wore a pleated black midi skirt with a form fitting close back top as well. I drew no looks of derision at all!

Sandra_Dodds
09-24-2020, 09:22 PM
Very happy to wear male cloths waist up but female waist down.

That's exactly my thought too. If there was no judgement, I'd be happy enough getting around in skirts, tights and heels/ankle boots/ballet flats; with male attire up top. I don't mind going all the way with bra, blouse, make-up and wig but I could easily do without them.

Pumped
09-24-2020, 09:37 PM
I don't have much desire to wear dresses in public, I don't think I look that great in them, so I would keep them at home, for fun. Same with breast forms. I might occasionally wear a dress out, but I would need to work on that presentation. Daily wear would turn to an androgynous look, skinny jeans, high heel boots, or occasionally pumps and a fitted button up blouse.

Lacy PJs
09-25-2020, 03:06 PM
I don't know that I'd change all that much but it would be nice to dress like I wanted some of the time w/o anyone making judgements. One of my "fantasies" is to come downstairs in the morning and fix breakfast in my babydoll PJs. I could do that now but would have to pull shades, etc. Kind of ruins the mood.

There have been times when I wish I could be dressed in a leotard & tights while just messing around the house (like now, no one's home; I have the place to myself). Again, I could but wouldn't feel free to do so in the event that unexpected company might show up. And of course, there's that really nice swimdress that I'd like to show off from time to time... along with that flowered bikini bottom! :)

This wouldn't happen all of the time but it would be nice to feel more free to do my own thing.

Lacy PJs

Star01
09-25-2020, 05:49 PM
I would probably do grubby stuff in drab and nice things as a woman with wig and makeup. It's hard to even imagine being free to shop and dress as I please.

helenejo
09-25-2020, 05:53 PM
I would wear maxi skirts most of the time I think

Vickie_CDTV
09-25-2020, 06:03 PM
I would wear skirts (or maybe a dress) every day for everything. Mostly midi and maxi skirts. No more pants!

Denice
09-25-2020, 11:29 PM
More items with frills, flowers and lace. More pink things, for sure

Brenn
09-26-2020, 11:03 AM
I already wear ballet flats and women's jeans/shorts on a regular basis. I would probably be more daring with skirts and/or dresses on occasion. No makeup, wigs or forms though. Just me in clothes I like to wear.

PetiteDuality
09-29-2020, 03:11 AM
I would show more legs, completely shaved, short shorts, nicer shirts and shoes. But not necessarily presenting as a woman

LIKETODRESS2
09-29-2020, 03:29 AM
I would dress as female every day. I would have long female hair as it wound not be a big deal. At least light makeup every day nails done noise pierced

Joannie
09-29-2020, 09:21 AM
I would be all over the chart as I would dress based on how I feel at the moment. Sometimes male, sometimes female and for sure the situation and activity would dictate. Naturally comfort is king so that would provide a measure also. But now shopping, with no judgement, well that would be divine!

JennyJCD
09-29-2020, 10:55 AM
In a totally accepting world probably bouncing between them. Part of dressing that is always fun for me is going the whole nine yard, make-up, forms, shapers, everything while that would be nice it is also not something I'd be in the mood to do everyday nor should I do. I do rough yard work and such and putting on make-up for that would just be a waste most of the time. Not to mention a lot of the feminine clothing is weaker than the male clothing so I would definitely present myself as male in those instances or when I am not feeling up to the full work.

LilSissyStevie
09-29-2020, 11:09 AM
Social judgement is what makes it men's clothes or women's clothes. Without social judgement, there's no point in any of this.

Joanne86
09-29-2020, 08:01 PM
Off the top of my head I think I would just wear skirts, I would consider dresses but I think I would stick just with skirts at least in the beginning.

Visitor
09-30-2020, 11:15 AM
My reasons for dressing have nothing to do with presenting to the world as a woman. I'm a man. Dressing is all about conditions between my ears. There can be some physical comfort in feeling a brassiere on my body and I experience a bit of arousal when I focus on the feelings... the fantasy of having breasts. These fantasies may lead me to search out images on the web and they're very often transgendered but not necessarily so. Society's attitudes are rather beside the point for me. I can indulge these behaviors and explore these feelings without risk.

Clearly we each have our own unique relationship with crossdressing. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise since we each come to it via a different path and each carry different needs. Crossdressing is the big tent...

TillyCambiare
09-30-2020, 01:39 PM
My gut is to say dresses and skirts and stockings. But if there wasn't social judgement I'm not sure the allure in dressing would be there.

Tilly

Joyce Swindell
09-30-2020, 03:25 PM
I would probably wear skirts to work as it goes with the uniform. I have a new blue jean skirt I've been dying to wear. An occasional dress or blouse for work with the proper colors.

Outside of work anything goes.... I'd wear what ever I felt like wearing clothing wise.

As far as makeup, I would do lipstick regularly, eye and face makeup occasionally.

Jewelry probably every day...at least earrings!
:)

GenevieveF
09-30-2020, 04:33 PM
I would definitely wear either a dress or skirt with a nice blouse, stockings and heels.

However, Covid has definately changed the way I dress while working. I’m a consultant and am doing all my work via Zoom from a home studio. I wear a dress shirt, tie and suit jacket. I pair that with a nice skirt, pantyhose and stilettos. I wear light makeup, to help with the harsh lighting off course. While most of my consulting is face to face while seated, the set up I have allows me to stand when giving presentations. I love the new Covid dress code.

ronny0
09-30-2020, 05:31 PM
Oh what a wonderful 'dream'...
If it were ever to happen, I'd be wearing something feminine pretty close to 24x7.
Though still trying to dress functional and blend in 'some what'.
WOULD blending in would still be a concern? or just a desire.
At times I do want to stand out, be noticed....

lingerieLiz
10-04-2020, 10:46 PM
While I wear women's clothes most all the time I would wear more feminine clothes

NitaCD
10-05-2020, 04:39 AM
I love a nice skirt or dress. So for me it would defiantly mean wearing skirts and dresses more often...as well as longer hair with pierced ears and jewelry. It would be so nice to be able to choose with out the fear of any negative judgement or conflict. The only thing is I would probably be clothing rich and flat broke. :(

ShelbyDawn
10-05-2020, 10:42 AM
It would depend on what I was doing, I mean I'm certainly not going to work in my shop in a dress and heels, but my daily wear would be decidedly more feminine, my wig(s) more expensive and get much more use, my shoe collection would explode, and the girls at the nail salon down the street would know me by name.

albine
10-05-2020, 12:45 PM
For Me that that it matters a whole lot now but if there was no social judgement on dressing I would definitely wear more women's tops! having boobs now they would fit much better and would not have to consider how feminine the look was, so clothing would fit and feel better

Heather2die4
10-06-2020, 09:15 AM
I would like to think I'm driven more by internal urges than expectations of others, but the truth is, I'm not out at work and dress a lot less when I have a girlfriend- even though I mention it within the first few dates. The pink fog comes and goes. Last spring and early summer, I was a full time girl with dresses and heels, shaved everything, and high arched eyebrows, even for routine chores such as grocery shopping and running errands. I prefer the classical June Cleaver look and especially enjoy running the vacuum in a dress and heels. Then I transitioned into mostly hybrid mode, presenting as male but with ear rings and feminine clothing. Because there is no anonymity to hide behind, this takes more courage than full femme. Now I'm mostly in male mode with occasional panties under male garb, just to spice it up a bit.

So to answer your question, I don't think my dress would change as I have that where I want it, but I would be out to those I'm not yet out to.

Asew
10-06-2020, 01:15 PM
Social judgement is what makes it men's clothes or women's clothes. Without social judgement, there's no point in any of this.

I agree with this 100%. As a result clothes for me would be mostly based on function and comfort, so I would wear a lot of skirts and dresses because they are the most comfortable.

Stephanie Julianna
10-06-2020, 08:59 PM
Is this an actual question? I am pretty sure that I'd be wearing my wig and bras more often and all the trappings to present as more feminine. It least that is what I do in my dreams.

Paulie Birmingham
10-09-2020, 07:48 PM
But if there wasn't social judgement I'm not sure the allure in dressing would be there.

Tilly

Spot on. I probably wouldn't dress if there was no naughtiness associated with dressing.

arial
10-11-2020, 07:49 AM
Pretty much a business casual look, unless that wasn?t practical. Capris and scoop neck top for yard work, house cleaning, and stuff like that

Cassiek
10-11-2020, 06:39 PM
Just like every other GG. I would dress how I wanted to and how I felt that day. Everything from pretty dresses skirts and tops one day to sweat pants the next. Sexy heels boots or sneakers. Flats wedges you name it. Would be great to get rid of term ?cross dressers? wouldn?t it. Oh well wishful thinking is nice once in a while.