PDA

View Full Version : My first skirt and blouse purchased today

Phyliss
03-31-2006, 07:33 PM
I finally managed to get up the nerve to buy something more than just panties and bras.
Wednesday i went into the Torrid store in the local mall around here and spoke with one of the girls who I've gotten to know from some of my other purchases. I asked her when a good time would be to come in for some private shopping, without upsetting any other customers. She told me that she would be in early Friday morning and if I was outside the sliding curtian door about half an hour before they officially opened she would let me in.
Almost couldn't sleep last night being so nervous.
Anyway, long story short, she made me feel really comfortable.
This is what I bought:
http://www.torrid.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&RN=222&ITEM=551828

http://www.torrid.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&RN=216&ITEM=501230

http://www.torrid.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&RN=235&ITEM=512508

Along with a nice brown shrug that has string ties.

As I was trying the items on I asked her over the door if she would mind giving me her opinion. When she opened the door she told me that I actually looked good and that she was surprised at just how good I looked in that skirt.

I also got complimented on my legs. Her words were, "It's just so unfair that you have better legs than me."

I almost cried from the joy of being able to do this.

Jolene
03-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Phyliss ........ So glad you had such a positive experence buying your first outfit..... Jolene

Kristen Kelly
03-31-2006, 07:51 PM
I like the choices. Good for you, I have done the same thing in Lane Bryant I asked If there was somewhere I could try the top on without upsetting the other customers and they let me change in storeroom. When It was a little tight she got the next size as well as another blouse I might like. I bought both. A bigger problem is when Im dressed enfem and want to try something on, can't used the womans changing room, and dont want to use the men's. So I buy it and If I dont care for the fit or how it looks I return it.

Denise01
03-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi Kelly:

I see you are also a Layne Bryant fan. The first skirt i tried on in a store, was in Layne Bryant, and I was drab. Was looking at skirts, thought the size were a little large so asked the sales girl if the sizing was a bit large.
She told me it could be returned, then I got the courage to tell here it was for me.
All she said was Oh, then said to try on anything I liked.
Good thing i tried it on, as I had to get the next smaller size. She directed me to one of the empty change rooms with out a hesitation.

When I am shopping femme, i will not buy a skirt if I don't try it on, as i have found that there is so many variations of sizing. H:) ave never had a problem or even a question, when i went to a change room where there was an attendent, or asked to try an item on wether it be a skirt or slacks.

Feels so great to shop femme.

Denise:)

Ellie
03-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a great way to get there before the crowds and snatch up the cool stuff!

I've always had a good experience buying from Torrid.

sabrina mercedes
03-31-2006, 09:14 PM
I am so excited for you! I remember buying my first item. It was a long black night gown at a local department store. I knew my size and brought it o the counter. The sales girl asked if it was a gift and I said it was for me. She smiled and added she hoped I enjoyed it. It was a wonderous experience to sleep in it that night.
Sabrina

Staci
03-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Now that you have opened the door to skirts, blouses, and shoes you need to hang on to your pocketbook. Everything you see will be new and exciting. Happy shopping. Sounds like you had a fun start.

Jennaie
03-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Congratulations Phyliss:

I know about almost crying when feeling like your actually being treated in a way that reflects how you feel inside.

A wonderful feeling isn't it?

Jennaie :be:

GypsyKaren
03-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Good for you Phyliss, I'm glad you had fun. You just can't beat shopping, it's the best!

Karen

Phyliss
04-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Staci,
I was thinking about that.
I already have more panties, bras and stockings than most women. I just hope the following doesn't happen.

"Honey? Why don't we have enough to pay the mortgage?"

"Uh,...Er,...Ah,...Um,... I spent it on dresses."

Major whoops.

ronda
04-01-2006, 05:46 AM
sounds like you had a great time i love the lace top and it only gets better from here on but like they said watch your purse the money will fly out and the skirts , tops and dresses will be plentiful. 0.02 :D