PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence or caught?

Lawren
03-31-2006, 09:39 PM
I think coincidence. I was in a Goodwill store this afternoon looking through the dresses. The rack is less than 20 feet away from the checkout counter. I overheard a conversation at the checkout counter. Some young lady had, evidently, had her male friend model a dress for her and the conversation turned to one about crossdressing. I could not help but wonder what was going to happen when I approached the counter to buy the dresses I had picked out. As it turned out the dresses got lumped in together with what my GF was buying so it didn't matter anyway. I would have bought them in any case. Had anyone said anything I think I would have simply told them that I am a crossdresser. After all, the conversation I heard was all friendly banter so I think the checkout girl would have gotten a chuckle out of it without getting out of line with me.

Staci
03-31-2006, 09:41 PM
I think the people at Goodwill see a lot of crossdressers. You can't beat the prices. I bought a bridal petticoat for just $6. How can you go wrong with that.

paulaN
03-31-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm a goodwill shopper too. you can't beat the prices.

trannie T
03-31-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm sure that all the other men I see in thrift stores are just buying something for their wives.

Lawren
03-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Goodwill is my favorite clothing store. :cheeky:

Bernice
04-01-2006, 02:01 AM
Well, since we are picking on Goodwill... I actually have shopped for my wife at Goodwill! But certainly not most of the time...

And then, I also have beaten the prices at Goodwill. Garage sales and Church rummage sales undercut Goodwill by 50-75%. The DAV held a 99 cent sale for the last 14 months they remained open. (Sigh). The Goodwill here just raised their prices again after the Salvation Army Thrift Store closed.

But, can I beat the price at Goodwill by making new? No. Of course not.

Hugs,

Bernice