PDA

View Full Version : Better Dressed than the GG's

Bernadina
04-01-2006, 12:46 AM
Just went to the mall in male mode dressed completely in GG clothes. Jeans, shirt, boots, jacket, etc. No one of course noticed.

What I noticed was that I was better dressed than most of the GG's there. It was almost like they had gone out of the way to look like an unattractive mess.

Is this a new trend for GG's or something?

Joy Carter
04-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Dina you don't get out much do you ! Such lovely faces but a total mess from the neck down. When I was first married my SO kept dressing nice up untill a few months after our first child then it was all down hill. I know I know taking care of a child and all but come on Lucy and show your husband that you care.

mudanjel
04-01-2006, 01:00 AM
self-absorbed much ??

Teresa Amina
04-01-2006, 01:03 AM
A lot of the dressing down is protection. Girls are taught from a pretty young age that men are out to victimize them and they had better be careful. Of course it's disappointing for us because we want to observe, admire and emulate them. What I hate are the Piercings! Ewwww! What the heck is that all about? I'll see a really great looking girl coming and then see she has four or five obvious piercings in her eybrows, lips, etc. Gawd only knows what's pierced that I can't see!:eek:

Deborah
04-01-2006, 01:04 AM
self-absorbed much ??

One of the reasons i didn't answer this one earlier. I knew it wouldn't go over well just like the last thread that was similar. :rolleyes:

AngGG
04-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Hmmm wouldn't how they are dressed be a matter of choice? I thought one of the biggest things here is being free to dress how you feel comfortable dressing. Also what is nice to one person might not be nice to another...it's all a matter of opinion.

Gemma Rhodes
04-01-2006, 02:51 AM
I think you will find that men and GGs are a lot similar in that there are certain GGs who like to dress up and "look pretty" with nice make up all the time, A bit like us tgirls but the vast majority of GGs like men only like to dress to the nines every now and again and on special occasions. You are not going to see GGs at the shopping mall in their best finery and im sure if I were a GG i too would have many pairs of jeans and tops that were normal everyday wear.

Gemma xx

KewTnCurvy GG
04-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Just went to the mall in male mode dressed completely in GG clothes. Jeans, shirt, boots, jacket, etc. No one of course noticed.

What I noticed was that I was better dressed than most of the GG's there. It was almost like they had gone out of the way to look like an unattractive mess.

Thanks!

Bernice
04-01-2006, 03:58 AM
Of course we dress "better" than GGs do. By "better", I mostly mean "more feminine". There are multiple reasons. The reasons I know are:

#1) We crossdressers have something to prove, or something to aspire to.

#2) Real women don't have the freedom to dress entirely as they please either. Whatever they select, some will criticize as too sexy or too ****ty, and others will criticize as too masculine. They can't win either.

Hugs,

Bernice

Helen MC
04-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Although I don't go out en-femme I have often thought that many CDs and TVs who do so overdo it compared to actual women when it comes to clothing and makeup. Perhaps they wish to copy a stereotype "ideal" woman who is 150% female? In contrast most women I observe in their day to day clothing be they at work, shopping, taking their kids to school etc are quite plainly dressed. When I dress at home the latter, an ordinary woman, is the style I wish to emulate, not the "Glamour Princess" style.

Lulie GG
04-01-2006, 04:48 AM
Bernadina how to get GGs to accept your cause, I don't think so.:mad:

I dress for comfort - I am not out to prove anything.

ashlee chiffon
04-01-2006, 05:05 AM
if you're trying to understand teenage gals and why they do what they do...
ya gotta walk the walk...
ya gotta understand the adolescent mind...
ya gotta think like a young gal...
ya gotta face their pressures...

Good luck!
... it'll never happen!

Kitty Sue
04-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Deb I am with you. Some of you need to get over yourselves. This is simply another GG bashing thread. As has been stated women have nothing to prove. It is us the TV/TS who are trying to prove something. Get over your selves, men in skirts is all we are.

I am tired of some of the people here posting insensitive trash here when it comes to the GG members of the forum. As a male CD I find it embarrasing.

So no we are not better dressed than real women. A real woman dresses in whatever she likes. They are women every day so why the hell should they get all primped up to buy house hold cleaning supplies or buy new tires for the car? Seems to me that a lot of us guys are getting what it means to be a woman confused with the clothes. I am not a woman of course but I think I may have an idea why woman may not feel the need to dress up every day of the week.

Gemma Rhodes
04-01-2006, 07:21 AM
I am tired of some of the people here posting insensitive trash here when it comes to the GG members of the forum. As a male CD I find it embarrasing.

Well said Sue. :iagree:

Amelie
04-01-2006, 07:23 AM
I agree, Ggs generally dress as slobs. They have no style at all, they all look like Rosanne Barr on acid.
There should be some kind of law passed that requires Ggs to dress the same as us queens. I mean is it really too much to ask for Ggs to wear some shape wear that gives them that wasp figure. And heels,, why can’t Ggs wear 6 inch heels more often. I think it’s a shame how the Ggs dress style has deteriorated over time. If Ggs want men to whistle at them, then they should do their part and dress the way we(men) want them to dress, is this too much to ask for.

My 2 pence

Hiya Kew,,,, Happy April Fools day.

AngGG
04-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree, Ggs generally dress as slobs. They have no style at all, they all look like Rosanne Barr on acid.

OMG you had me on that first line! Then I read the middle and had a good laugh you jokster:D

Ya gotta love April Fools Day!

Josi
04-01-2006, 07:59 AM
I am hoping that the 1st Thread was an April fool too! ;)

Tamara Croft
04-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Interesting thread, I hope this was an April Fools joke, or your so going to get serverly bitch slapped Dina!!!!

Kitty Sue, I applaud you :clap: I thought I was seeing things when I read your post.

Amelie :eek: and Kew..... where the heck have you been girly :hugs: damn I've missed seeing you on the forum.

jo_ann
04-01-2006, 11:17 AM
you know, I don't really like dressing up much as a man, but perhaps that's not what we're saying here. I guess your saying that women are often dressing.. masculine? sometimes my wife will wear a nice blouse, but then sometimes its a tshirt and jeans. I think women used to dress nice because that's what was expected, but then again men used to always wear suits and hats. I spose if I was a woman and there wasn't that thrill, I wouldn't dress to the nines either, but I would definetely wear very colorful comfortable clothing (lots of pink and purple).

Bernadina
04-01-2006, 11:28 AM
I guess I've been spoiled.

My wife won't even clean the house unless her top and bottom matches, and her hair and nails are done. My past wife, my all girl kids and granddaughter all dress nicely before they go out. I just thought it was normal.

And yes it is April 1.

sherri
04-01-2006, 11:58 AM
This is simply another GG bashing thread ... I am tired of some of the people here posting insensitive trash here when it comes to the GG members of the forum.
Why the hell does having an opinion about fashion have to be interpreted as bashing women??? I can love women and still not be fond of any particular fashion trend. I've lived long enough to see numerous trends for men and women come and go, and some of them have been memorably awful. I grew up in a time when skirts and shorts were the order of the day.

I love women. I love having GGs on this forum. But I happen to also love seeing women in skirts and sweaters more than sweatshirts and jeans. I love the element of femininity being preserved in our everyday lives. I have every right to that personal preference. That doesn't mean women have to cater to my preference, but I sure don't mind telling them what I like.

The only point I will concede to you is that this matter shouldn't be stated in terms of "better" or "worse". It's not a competition. Nor should anyone be passing judgement.

As for "sloppiness", [almost] everyone seems to be dressing more informally, even sloppily, than days gone by. I see men in WalMart wearing muscle shirts who have no business wearing muscle shirts. I see women in sweat pants. I see kids paying $60 for jeans with holes in them. To my eye, many of us have become walking eyesores, and I don't happen to care for it. Luckily, I don't have to dress that way, drab or femme, and I hope that someday the pendulum swings the other way and we return to more tasteful and flattering attire.

TGMarla
04-01-2006, 12:15 PM
As for "sloppiness", [almost] everyone seems to be dressing more informally, even sloppily, than days gone by. I see men in WalMart wearing muscle shirts who have no business wearing muscle shirts. I see women in sweat pants. I see kids paying $60 for jeans with holes in them. To my eye, many of us have become walking eyesores, and I don't happen to care for it. Luckily, I don't have to dress that way, drab or femme, and I hope that someday the pendulum swings the other way and we return to more tasteful and flattering attire.

:iagree:

As I already stated in the parallel thread that our lovely Bev brought to us, we as a society have really lost something. We are all, to some extent, a nation of slobs. Informality has infiltrated our norms to the point that when someone actually dresses well, male or female, it is seen as odd, or even exceptional. Casual Friday has bled into all the other days at work, and on the weekends, we toss on a pair of sweats and that's that.

But many of us put in long weeks, and we're a bit tired at the end of the day, or the end of the week. Slouching it is comfortable, easy, and relaxing. And I'm no exception here. I'm not trying to be hypocritical toward anyone. We're all guilty of this. But as a society, we've lost something.

Marlena Dahlstrom
04-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Touche, Amelie!

Sherri, it comes across as bashing when only women -- and not everyone -- are mentioned as being slobs. That may not be what was intended, but since we can't read minds, we can only go by what someone actually wrote.

To the others who are whining about the way GGs dress, do you dress in a suit and wingtips all the time, even when working in the yard, going shopping, etc.... I thought not. Yes, society is more casually dressed today and it's not to everyone's taste. Which is fine. But if you're going to gripe about it, gripe about both sexes' contribution to it.

sherri
04-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Sherri, it comes across as bashing when only women -- and not everyone -- are mentioned as being slobs. That may not be what was intended, but since we can't read minds, we can only go by what someone actually wrote. You're right of course. Point taken and conceded. And while I might decry a gathering atmosphere on the forum of walking on eggshells (is there no criticism of the opposite sex in the GG forum?), we must indeed take care in how we say things, if for no other reason than we are in mixed company.

There is, however, actually two parts to this discussion. One, as we have clarified, is a pervasive sloppiness across the board. The other is offered without malice as simply a spectator's observation and preference about women's fashion - or the lack thereof. To me, women's attire has changed in a more pronounced and pervasive way than men's. Some say it's a more masculine look; I prefer to say that it is just less feminine, and less flattering to the lovely female form. That's a preference, not a gripe. They say that women dress for each other, not men. Well, okay, do what you want, but as far as the fashion goes, I don't think you're as attractive as you used to be. I think women know that, but they don't actually care - they have other priorities these days.

To the others who are whining about the way GGs dress, do you dress in a suit and wingtips all the time, even when working in the yard, going shopping, etc.... I thought not. Yes, society is more casually dressed today and it's not to everyone's taste. Which is fine. But if you're going to gripe about it, gripe about both sexes' contribution to it. Well, that analogy is a little extreme. I don't think a casual skirt and top is the equivalent of suit and tie. But I don't do yardwork in Hilfiger slacks either. I'm not advocating a ban on women's jeans and tshirts, or denying their suitability in various situations. Wouldn't dream of it. I just wish both sexes would spruce it up just a tad in our social mingling.

sherri
04-01-2006, 02:07 PM
:iagree:

we as a society have really lost something. We are all, to some extent, a nation of slobs ... Informality has infiltrated our norms ...
Amen to that. And that informality bleeds over into other aspects of our lives and cultures, sometimes for the better, but sometimes with deletorious effect. I can't help but think that a little more care, a little more stylishness, a little more decorum would raise the bar back up a tad.

to the point that when someone actually dresses well, male or female, it is seen as odd, or even exceptional.
It's almost as if stylishness has become politically incorrect.

Casual Friday has bled into all the other days at work, and on the weekends, we toss on a pair of sweats and that's that ... But many of us put in long weeks, and we're a bit tired at the end of the day, or the end of the week. Slouching it is comfortable, easy, and relaxing. And I'm no exception here. I'm not trying to be hypocritical toward anyone. We're all guilty of this. But as a society, we've lost something.
I started to say there's nothing wrong with sacrificing style for the sake of comfort around the house, but then I thought about something. You see couples out who obviously quit caring taking pains with their appearance a long time ago. It's easy to imagine quizzing them about their marriage and hearing both parties complain about there being no zing in their relationship any more. And you think, "Well, hell, you might start with how you look to each other. Would you have married him/her if he/she had looked like that when you first met? Would there have even been a first date?"

Kathrine
04-01-2006, 03:15 PM
I agree that it's a more dressed down world we live in today. I was out shopping at a nice outlet mall recently and noticed I was more dressed up that the other ladies wearing dress pants and a sweater. In walked an attractive 20ish lady in sweat pants, a sweatshirt and flipflops - I was especially surprised at the flipflops because it was a cold morning. I know there's a place for comfortable but that was a little much.

On the other hand I can remember 10 years ago being in Victoria BC, going to the Butchart Gardens. There were quite a few Japense tourists and I noticed that the middle aged ladies all wore dresses and heels, but their daugters all wore jeans and sneakers. Walking on the lawns the ladies heels were sinking in. Just not practical for sightseeing.

I just wish there was a little more balance in the way people dressed today. Its all dressdown all the time now.

Jodi
04-01-2006, 08:24 PM
A slob is a slob regardless if it is a he or a she. A person who cares about his or her appearance will stand out and be noticed. When out, I see gg's that look absolutely great in jeans and a teeshirt. To look great, their skin is clean, their nails are cared for, their hair is clean and brushed, their clothes fit and are pressed, their shoes are not scuffed or dirty, and their outfit is together. That same principle goes for men. As a guy, when I go out, whether it is to breakfast at a restaurant, to get my car serviced, or to meet with someone, I ensure that my personal appearance is clean, neat and correct. My clothing matches, is pressed, and my shoes are shined. That is my personal appearance and I am proud of it. Sadly, many of the men I observe show an unkempt, sloppy and even dirty appearance. That tells a lot about who they are.

Granted, we all have observed gg's who don't care about their apprearance and apprear sloppy and unkempt. To be sharp and attractive, a women need not be dressed to the nines. She should just show that she cares for who she is and projects herself well.

Just my 2 cents.

Jodi

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Given a choice between a suit, white shirt, and tie, and baggy jeans and a t-shirt, I opt for the latter, in male mode. Get that thing off my neck!

Tamara Croft
04-01-2006, 09:24 PM
My mum always taught me to wear my nicer clothes when I go out somewhere special. I've remembered that over the years. During the day, I wear joggers and a strappy top or something like that. When we go out, I like to look nice. I don't wear dresses, they just don't suit me at all (don't have the figure). I wear pinstripe trousers a lot and tightish shirts (with no buttons, cant stand buttons). I have gypsy skirts that I wear when it's warmer, but I live in the UK, trousers are more practical (we don't get much sun you know).

But you won't find me dressed up to the nines cleaning my house, that is just going overboard. Imagine getting bleach on your best dress? And when I go out shopping, I don't get dressed up to do that either. Shopping is a chore, just like cleaning the house. I don't wear jeans either, I think I have one pair and they are on my shelf gathering dust. I'm sure if you were all full time CD's you would find dressing up to the nines a chore and you wouldn't be doing it for long.

Rita Knight
04-01-2006, 09:44 PM
One of my "stupid truism" jokes. How do you pick out the GG in a room full of CDs?

Generally,

1 She's the one wearing pants.

2 She's the one not wearing makeup.

3 She's the one who "dresses down."

LOL

Bernice
04-01-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm not about to argue with anyone, but I will share an experience late this afternoon. A woman in her late 20s or early 30s was shopping in the grocery store with a gentleman of about the same age. I couldn't possibly tell you what he was wearing, but SHE, WOW.

She was well-manicured, her black hair done nicely, wearing a knit ribbed olive green short sleeve pullover blouse, and a black pleated full skirt with a couple short side slits, whose hem was 4 inches above her knees. She wore suntan stockings, and some black patent sling heels, about 2.5 inches. In other words, dressed to the eights, at the very least.

There had to be two hundred people at the grocery store, but I remember her hours later. Why? Because she was way overdressed for grocery shopping.

And yes, I was jealous of how she looked, but that is off topic.

Hugs,

Bernice

midwest GG
04-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Well...I am one of those sloppy GG dressers. Here is my two cents....
I was raised by my father, on a farm in midwest mn. My mother ditched us at a young age, and my dad was the one to show me all of the "girly" things. He is the best father I could have ever asked for, but, he didn't know a lot about raising little girls on his own. I dressed appropriately in high school, and in college. Then, I had 3 babies in 4 years, and just didn't have the time for dressing nice. My husband works 8 months out of the year on the road, and I am at home raising our 3 kids by myself, monday - friday. I also go to college, (and have a 4.0 by the way), and I just don't have time or the energy to put makeup on or wear a cute outfit. However....my kids always look awesome!!!!!!!! And the last and selfish reason that I don't dress in anything besides my scrubs most of the time.......If you always make yourself look good..no one ever says anything to you, or gives you compliments..however, if you are like me, and only dress up and put on makeup once in a while, it is a night wear everyone is telling me how darn good I look!! People notice when you don't do it as often!! I like pick me ups!! Thats my story on why, on a daily basis, I look like a "MOM" :D

Helen MC
04-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Some employers here in the UK are abolishing "Dress Down Friday" and a good thing too. It got to the ridiculous situation that some people seemed to chose their most dingy and scruffy clothing to wear to work on that day. I simply ignored this idea as I do with most things I disagree with and which are not compulsory.

Put simply, if a male who crossdresses buys a really high quality outfit and wears it well and looks the part then yes, they ARE better dressed, for what that is worth, than a Real Biological Woman in a tatty pair of jeans and tee shirt or a dowdy old skirt and top. As to whether they are suitably dressed that is another point. A man doesn't usually wear a three piece tailored suit to work as a mechanic in a vehicle repair workshop, so do women wear an expensive gown or a party dress, high heels, jewelery etc to go shopping, or work in the office etc?

sherri
04-03-2006, 07:48 AM
A man doesn't usually wear a three piece tailored suit to work as a mechanic in a vehicle repair workshop, so do women wear an expensive gown or a party dress, high heels, jewelery etc to go shopping, or work in the office etc?
Again, that's taking the argument to the point of ridiculous.

Moving on, having posted what I have in this thread, let me also note, and agree with other posts, that it is possible to dress down and look terrific. I remember last fall going to my son's football game on a Saturday afternoon and seeing a woman who really turned my head. She is very pretty, 40ish with a good figure, and since there was a little nip in the air, she was wearing well-fitting jeans, a girl's tshirt over a longsleeve tee and one of those long-billed Martha's Vineyard type caps over her beautiful long blonde hair. Very casual, very chic, and very sexy.

ReginaK
04-03-2006, 08:18 AM

I for one happen to find Rosanne Barr very attractive. I plea the 5th on the acid part.

sharifemme
04-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Dina....

Have you noticed how men dress nowadays? Even if you look in a Walmart ad, you will see the long baggy shorts, shirts with disgusting logos on them and hairstyles that look like rats nested in there. Waistlines hang so low that you can see buttcracks. Shirts are so baggy they show no form to the body. And I'm so tired of dirty, filthy, germy baseball caps, especially when worn backwards. I can't look like that in femme or male mode. It looks disgusting to me.

I really do not care how another human being on this planet dresses as long as I can wear what I WANT TO! If some insensitive clod dressed as I mentioned above, had the gall to criticize me for wearing a nice stylish dress and some makeup, etc. , I'm afraid I might go postal on him. LOL!

When you get right down to it, I feel that in general, the only people who enjoy wearing stylish clothing and presenting a pleasing visual image most of the time are the MtoF TGs and gay men. Most everybody else dresses up only when and because they have to.

Please don't think I am bashing anybody here, especially the GGs. I DO understand why everybody dresses down to feel comfortable. Heck, when it's hot in the summer, I just might be sitting around the house in my bra and panties! HA! Now that's comfort!

Sharifemme

kittypw GG
04-03-2006, 11:31 AM
There should be some kind of law passed that requires Ggs to dress the same as us queens. I mean is it really too much to ask for Ggs to wear some shape wear that gives them that wasp figure. And heels,, why can’t Ggs wear 6 inch heels more often. I think it’s a shame how the Ggs dress style has deteriorated over time. If Ggs want men to whistle at them, then they should do their part and dress the way we(men) want them to dress, is this too much to ask for.
My 2 pence

Sorry Amelie but you might as well be wearing a sign that says "hey look at me I'm a dude" because you think and talk like one.

Only men think that women want to be whistled at. My husbands wardrobe would be awful if I did not stop him from buying some of the things he is attracted to and that goes for his male wardrobe as well as his female wardrobe. Some of his guy things were pretty scary and he would dress like either like a hooker or an old lady if I were not there to instruct him. GG'S don't have all day to sit around obsessing about clothes and makeup because we have real lives and responsibilities to our families. We dress appropriately for what we are doing. Thank you very much. Kitty

sharifemme
04-03-2006, 11:50 AM
The following post is not intended to insult anyone or make them feel bad! Please read it in the spirit in which it was intended:

Kitty...

GEEZ... Several of us just admonished several of our TG sisters for GG bashing and now you've got one slightly on the edge of TG bashing! LOL!

Let's all make up (Pun intended) and get along.

Sharifemme

Sorry Amelie but you might as well be wearing a sign that says "hey look at me I'm a dude" because you think and talk like one.

Only men think that women want to be whistled at. My husbands wardrobe would be awful if I did not stop him from buying some of the things he is attracted to and that goes for his male wardrobe as well as his female wardrobe. Some of his guy things were pretty scary and he would dress like either like a hooker or an old lady if I were not there to instruct him. GG'S don't have all day to sit around obsessing about clothes and makeup because we have real lives and responsibilities to our families. We dress appropriately for what we are doing. Thank you very much. Kitty

kittypw GG
04-03-2006, 12:07 PM
The following post is not intended to insult anyone or make them feel bad! Please read it in the spirit in which it was intended:

Kitty...

GEEZ... Several of us just admonished several of our TG sisters for GG bashing and now you've got one slightly on the edge of TG bashing! LOL!

Let's all make up (Pun intended) and get along.

Sharifemme

You are right Sarifemme,
The whistle thing got my fur up. I have worked very hard all of my life to gain respect in male circles. Getting men to look at your face and listen to what you are saying is very hard when they are staring at your breasts. I don't flaunt them for this very reason. It just made me angry that someone would think that women want this kind of attention. This thread is a little on the edge. What are you all asking for anyway? Would it make you feel better if we just said yes you do dress better? Kitty

sharifemme
04-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Kitty...

I've seen your avatar and you are a classy looking lady. I don't think anybody meant to flame you. I think the originator of the thread made an observation that seemed to fit her situation, mood, or whatever, maybe without thinking of it offending board members. I am guilty of that too at times. You have to realize that although we feel we are femme, we have the distinct disadvantage of being socialized as macho males. Yes, I think we need the GGs to help us become more femme and ladylike. Your support and instruction is invaluable to us!

Personally, although I admire women's breasts, I am able to look them in the eye and listen to what they are saying. I think many of us here could do that for you probably better than non-genderblessed males. You GGs will always be worthy of my respect and admiration in my book. I would hope others feel the same.

Sharifemme

You are right Sarifemme,
The whistle thing got my fur up. I have worked very hard all of my life to gain respect in male circles. Getting men to look at your face and listen to what you are saying is very hard when they are staring at your breasts. I don't flaunt them for this very reason. It just made me angry that someone would think that women want this kind of attention. This thread is a little on the edge. What are you all asking for anyway? Would it make you feel better if we just said yes you do dress better? Kitty

Julie Avery
04-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Kitty and Shari, I think what we have here is another instance of the difficulty of communicating irony and friendly sarcasm in print on the web, without the benefit of the tones of voice and facial expressions that usually clue you in to the sense in which a person intends their comment.

I'm sure that Amelie's post that Kitty quoted above was a humorous dig at the attitude of crossdressers - this is a dead giveaway: "There should be some kind of law passed that requires Ggs to dress the same as us queens." All the style things she mentioned are excesses in which CD's typically "outfemme the fems" by wearing things few sane GG's would be caught dead in.

As for the whole issue raised in this thread, I think there's a little downright GG bashing that goes on, but more frequently just an unintentional insensitivity to the way some comments can hurt other peoples' feelings. In the latter type of case the dialogue that results really is a learning opportunity for CD's and hopefully has some beneficial results in educating us about how others react to some of our attitudes and characteristics.

sharifemme
04-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Julie...

I understand what you are saying and agree. Still, we must be careful of others' feelings if at all possible. Please use the smilies or tell us in the message when you are using irony and friendly sarcasm. I'm not good at reading irony or sarcasm in a literal media - maybe others have a similar problem.

I remember going to my open transgender support group last June when the ex-moderator (a highly influential TS in the group) told us that the group was only for those who intend to transition. Since I will not take hormones or have surgery, I felt extremely hurt and haven't been back since. And all the people who I thought were my friends in the group have never even E-mailed me to see what happened or where I went.

Let's all please be careful of each others' feelings. I don't want to lose any friends here. You are all important to me. I hope the rest of us are important to you. This forum is the best support I have. How about you?

Sharifemme

Kitty and Shari, I think what we have here is another instance of the difficulty of communicating irony and friendly sarcasm in print on the web, without the benefit of the tones of voice and facial expressions that usually clue you in to the sense in which a person intends their comment.

I'm sure that Amelie's post that Kitty quoted above was a humorous dig at the attitude of crossdressers - this is a dead giveaway: "There should be some kind of law passed that requires Ggs to dress the same as us queens." All the style things she mentioned are excesses in which CD's typically "outfemme the fems" by wearing things few sane GG's would be caught dead in.

As for the whole issue raised in this thread, I think there's a little downright GG bashing that goes on, but more frequently just an unintentional insensitivity to the way some comments can hurt other peoples' feelings. In the latter type of case the dialogue that results really is a learning opportunity for CD's and hopefully has some beneficial results in educating us about how others react to some of our attitudes and characteristics.

Julie Avery
04-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Let's all please be careful of each others' feelings. I don't want to lose any friends here. You are all important to me. I hope the rest of us are important to you. This forum is the best support I have. How about you?

I couldn't agree more, my friend.

Tamara Croft
04-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah play nice, or I'll do what it says in my signature and set Wendy on ya's all ;) She'll make ya's all spell bad :lol:

Amelie
04-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Kitty...

I've seen your avatar and you are a classy looking lady. I don't think anybody meant to flame you. I think the originator of the thread made an observation that seemed to fit her situation, mood, or whatever, maybe without thinking of it offending board members. I am guilty of that too at times. You have to realize that although we feel we are femme, we have the distinct disadvantage of being socialized as macho males. Yes, I think we need the GGs to help us become more femme and ladylike. Your support and instruction is invaluable to us!

Personally, although I admire women's breasts, I am able to look them in the eye and listen to what they are saying. I think many of us here could do that for you probably better than non-genderblessed males. You GGs will always be worthy of my respect and admiration in my book. I would hope others feel the same.

Sharifemme

I am never able to look a Gg in the eye when I am talking to her, I am too busy looking at my breasts to look her in the eye.

Kitty, I am sorry if my post wasn't clear enoigh, for that I apologize. But if you would go a little further down my post, there will be me saying "Kew, Have a happy April fools day".

I thought this was enough to show that I wasn't serious.

Also I thought people on this forum would know be my now. I am a punk, my favorite clothes are old and torn, I love ripped jeans, ripped tights,. I would be the last one on this forum to condem how anyone should dress. I have heard many posts on this forum where many CDs say the best way to dress is conservativly and try to blend in with other people.. Well. in a way this sort of insults me and the way I dress, I dress anything but conservativly. I have always said on this forum that everyone should dres the way they want to, I have also said many tmes that there are no rules to how one dresses. But from time to time I keep hearing that there are certain rules on how a CD should dress if they go out and about. Not me, I wear torn and ripped clothes and I can go anywhere I want to,, I don't follow dress codes or rules. And I would never impose dres rules on anyone else.

So, Kitty, I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear, I just thought people on the forum knew me by now, I have been here about two years now, maybe I shouldn't assume that people know me, this is my mistake.

kittypw GG
04-04-2006, 02:07 AM
Amelie,
It is funny how reading one thing can get you going. I hold no grudges. I misunderstood and instead of throwing daggers back you kindly set me straight I really respect that. I guess you discovered one of my buttons. Don't tell my hubby. lol Kitty

MsJanessa
04-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Actually getting all dolled up to go to your local mall or supermarket is a CD or TG thing---real women are usually far too busy to do that and why should they? Who are you going to impress getting dressed to go grocery shopping---the cumcumbers and cantalopes? Most GGs go to malls to shop for things, not to put on the dog for other mall walkers. Now for TGs/CDs its another matter of course. The same line of thought applies to GGs who are truly dominant in their personality---they don't wear stilletto heeledboots and tight leather skirts but opt instead for sensible comfortable flats and pantsuits. For Me of course its the opposite. have a great day.