PDA

View Full Version : Better dressed than the Genetic men

Bev06 GG
04-01-2006, 01:56 AM
I went for a walk today in a lovely pair of tight jeans, a lumber shirt, and my DMs. I was so comfortable but I noticed that I was much better dressed than the Genetic males. Have any of you noticed that. They just dont seem to look like men any more in their long flowing skirts, high heels and long blonde wigs. Is this a new trend for men.

OK GIRLS only having a laugh, but honestly when have I ever criticised any of you for the way you look and I have to admit I am getting alittle tired of you doing this to me and mine. Live and let live I say. I get dressed up to go out for a special occasion and always make up before leaving the house . However, what I choose to wear on a day to day basis for comfort, is as much a freedom of choice for me as it is for you, so get off our backs hey. Your always harping on about supportive GGs so lets have a few supportive GMs.
Love BEVxxxx

Jennaie
04-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Jennaie runs to her closet and pulls out one of her white pinpoint oxford dress shirts, dress shoes, sport coat, wait... I never complained about how they dress. As a matter of fact, I kinda enjoy the dressing down when I am en-femme and out. It's the only way I dress when I go out en-femme. I'm with you Bev, these men just don't understand us girls. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Jennaie :be:

Bev06 GG
04-01-2006, 02:30 AM
Jennaie runs to her closet and pulls out one of her white pinpoint oxford dress shirts, dress shoes, sport coat, wait... I never complained about how they dress. As a matter of fact, I kinda enjoy the dressing down when I am en-femme and out. It's the only way I dress when I go out en-femme. I'm with you Bev, these men just don't understand us girls. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Jennaie :be:
Aww thanks Jennaie, I knew i'd have some support out there. LOL
BEVxxxx

Bev06 GG
04-01-2006, 02:37 AM
LOL you go girl i bet you looked good in them tidy whities too. ;)

I think most if not all the GG's know they have my full support anyway.
Heck this is a support forum. We need all the support we can get so who are we to bash others....duh slightly hypocritical.

Well said Deborah. Tee hee. yeah I did look good cept I dont really have any DMs now. Just a fantasy of mine.
Love ya
BEV

Jennaie
04-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Honestly Bev:

I love a women in blue jeans and a simple top. I would rather look at a woman wearing tight jeans than a dress when I am out shopping at the mall. The jeans reveal more of her figure than a dress does.

I would love to go out dressed up very elegantly at times, but I know if I did, I would be clocked by everyone who sees me. I do have a very elegant outfit that I have been thinking of wearing to a play or somewhere where I would not stand out from the other women.

There is a time and a place for dressing up and dressing down.

I think the women at the malls are just as pretty as can be in there blue jeans and tops. Of course, you won't be seeing me at the malls come christmas time. I just don't look good in those black ski pants and red tops covered with raindeers and christmas trees.

Jennaie :be:;)

Sharon
04-01-2006, 05:21 AM
You're absolutely right, Bev, and I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. Heck, I usually dress the same way myself, except for the lumber shirt -- sheesh! -- that's the type of clothing I've been discarding!
Hey! You don't happen to wear a size L in men's do you? I have quite a pile remaining that you can have. :)

Gemma Rhodes
04-01-2006, 05:35 AM
You're absolutely right, Bev, and I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. Heck, I usually dress the same way myself, except for the lumber shirt -- sheesh! -- that's the type of clothing I've been discarding!
Hey! You don't happen to wear a size L in men's do you? I have quite a pile remaining that you can have. :)

Sorry Sharon,

Bev is definately not a large girl, but I bet she looked great in whatever she wore. :happy:

Gemma xx

Sharon
04-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Sorry Sharon,

Bev is definately not a large girl, but I bet she looked great in whatever she wore. :happy:

Gemma xx

Well, I thought there was a possibility that she might like them loose and comfy.:p

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 05:41 AM
I went for a walk today in a lovely pair of tight jeans, a lumber shirt, and my DMs.

As a bit of an aging hippie, I've always liked that look on a GG. It's no good for CD's though :)

ashlee chiffon
04-01-2006, 05:46 AM
go easy on us...pleasssse?

us gurls are just...Jealous...!!!

GG's get to dress up when they feel like it and gm's aren't supposed to dress, so the feelings of repression come out a little critical at times...so accept my apologies for them!
just know that we luvs Ya!
*HUGS*

Marla S
04-01-2006, 05:59 AM
Please don't take offense by these statements, but keep commenting on them.
I think we as CDs tend to a narrowed perspective and a selective view.
I guess for a CD going to a mall all dressed is sometimes comparable to a GG going to an opera.
Beyond self-acceptance, it might be a further step to get back a balanced and objective view.
As Berniece said in the respective thread: "A CD has something to prove", and that easily leads to an unbalanced view.

Shelly Preston
04-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Hi Bev

Apologies Bev

We crossdressers critise women who do not seem to make any effort whatsover regarding there appearance.
Casual does not mean not looking good.

You are correct it is wrong of us to judge.

In our defence I would say if we applied the same logic to genetic men.
The percentage of men who dont care I would estimate to be around double.

It has not been unknown for a publican to send some men.home to change before allowing them another drink.

Maureen Henley
04-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Bev,

You make a very good point, and Shelly P.'s addition about casual does not equal not looking good is also right on the mark.

One should also add that , in general, our societies (on both sides of the pond) have become far more casual in dress over the years. And not just in the past forty years. Look at old photos from the twenties and thirties, almost all men wore hats and neckties.

I remember in the late fifties and early sixties, going shopping for the day in downtown Providence, my mother would wear a dress, hose, hat, and gloves. I think many of us CD's from that generation try to recapture that era, and that generates a lot of the comments on which you remarked in your post.

I appreciate your feelings about comfort. I dress the way I chose for various reasons that have been enumerated on many threads, but I wouldn't want to impose such standards on anyone else. Be neat, be clean, be comfortable. Anything else is purely at the option of the wearer.

Kitty Sue
04-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Amen to that Bev. I am starting to feel rather ashamed at how insensitive some of my fellow CDs on this forum have been over the last couple of days.:sad:

ReginaK
04-01-2006, 08:28 AM
It wouldn't take much for anyone to dress better than me. For me, getting dressed as a male consist of grabbing a random shirt and jeans off my 3ft pile of clothes. If I have to go somewhere special, I might iron it.

Tamara Croft
04-01-2006, 08:37 AM
:lol: Bev *touche* comes to mind ;)

Teresa Amina
04-01-2006, 08:48 AM
I remember in the late fifties and early sixties, going shopping for the day in downtown Providence, my mother would wear a dress, hose, hat, and gloves.

I remember my grandparents dressing up to go to the grocery store as late as the later '60s! Not really my idea of how to dress, but think there is a compromise point somewhere that was missed over the years.
Don't really think anyone here is Bashing you GGs, but we've all got those sensitive spots, don't we?

ChristineRenee
04-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Way ta go Bev...that was telling it like it is!;)

uknowhoo
04-01-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry to sy, Teresa, that I have to disagree with you. There are some here to do enjoy a bit of GG bashing from time to time. It's shameful. In my opinion though, the vast majority of us CDers greatly value our GG members and what they bring to the forums.

Kathycd
04-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Hello Bev:

Nice to meet you. Say, I still have a Pendleton, that I saved to buy when I was a teen, you may have it if you like <smile>

I have several suits and 2 Tux hangin gin the closet, it would be nice to be able to hang a couple of formals along with the other things there too.

Agreed, many GM's dress, well, sloppy, I included on occasion. Most men just don't throw things away and will wear them until they fall apart. Mainly because, at that point they are just getting comfy! <smile> Now that is not done with the fem things. hmm talk about 2 sides of a coin hey?!

Jeans, a T, with a shirt un buttoned with dockers or what ever is the usual.

Hugs to you

kathy

Marla S
04-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Don't really think anyone here is Bashing you GGs, but we've all got those sensitive spots, don't we?
Well you can moan about that people in general are less well-dressed (true or not). Might even be a trend, but picking up one group can be considered at least as bashing.

Kristen Kelly
04-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Im with Jennaie I don't have many special places to go out dressed to the t's, so Im in embroidered jean, nice top, maybe some heeled boots, nice jacket, nails done, jewelery and makeup. I blend in very well. Am I any less fem then a skirt or dress (which would be my first choice),NO. I feel as much fem lounging around the house in Bra, panties, T shirt, sweats and fussy slippers. Lets not knock the GG's or ourselfs for what we wear be yourself.

TGMarla
04-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Reflecting on what Maureen said above, we have become a nation of slobs, and I'm complicit in this as well. Everyone has bought into what I term as "The Wal-Mart Look", which is every variation on the T-shirt there is. No one seems to bother to wear anything nice anymore. At work, Casual Friday has bled to every other day of the week. No one tucks in their shirts anymore, allowing them to hang over their belts because "that's the style" these days. The bare-legged look is all the rage for women. Pardon me for saying so, but that's great if you have exceptional legs. Most women don't, however, and hosiery covers up and improves upon a lot of flaws. In my opinion, it just looks better...period.

I think over the years we have lost something that was rather precious. It certainly wasn't as comfortable, but it was valuable never the less.

Yeah, I know I'm coming off as a stick in the mud. But hey, I already said I'm guilty as the next person. I think nothing of throwing on a pair of sweats to run to the store. I'm a slob, too, at times. And people work hard all week. When they get off work, or on the weekends, they don't want to have to bother with all that. I don't blame them. I understand, and I'm not cracking on anyone for it. I'm just observing that we've become a very very casual society. Younger people I see have an especially poor double standard. The guys expect their girls to wear this skin-tight stuff that reveals just about everything imaginable, while they run around in clothing that is threes sizes too big for them, with their baggy pants hanging off their butts, with their underwear showing. It's the "Ghetto-Fabulous" look. Our clothing reflects our social norms, which have slacked off to the point that the most popular music is rife with vulgarity, you can see sex on prime time television, and a movie without sex or violence won't make any money.

But it does seem that when it comes to dressing well, very few people want to bother any more.

Jenny Beth
04-01-2006, 09:29 AM
You'll never hear me complain about GG's who don't dress femme, my wife fits into that category rather well. Although she'd never wear tight jeans or a lumberjack shirt I can count on one hand the number of times a year she wears a skirt. She dresses in what she feels comfortable in and that's certainly good enough for me. After all, I'm the one in skirts around here so someone's got to wear the pants...........;)

Kimberley
04-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Hello Bev:

Agreed, many GM's dress, well, sloppy, I included on occasion. Most men just don't throw things away and will wear them until they fall apart. Mainly because, at that point they are just getting comfy! <smile> Now that is not done with the fem things. hmm talk about 2 sides of a coin hey?!

Jeans, a T, with a shirt un buttoned with dockers or what ever is the usual.

Hugs to you

kathy
Hey, we HAVE to save all this stuff and wear it to death because our wives are out buying to fill their own closets....... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!

Why is it such a big deal whether anyone dresses up or down to go to a mall or elsewhere? Just go for the comfort!!

My 0.02 worth

Kimberley

Marlena Dahlstrom
04-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Touche, Bev!

Let's remember no one can read your mind -- unless maybe they've got super powers :cheeky: -- about what you intended to say, they can only read what you actually wrote.

So if you're complaining about people in general dressing down (or any other behavior) but only mention women (or some other specific group), most people are going to intrepet that as bashing on that group, not as a comment about society in general.

And it is more than a bit hypocritical for those who bend the "gender rules" to insist that others conform to them.

HaleyPink2000
04-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Bev GG:)

You might not remember me. But, you and I did go to School together a while back. I was the one you sat next to, you know, in our Home room class in High School. Remember. It's strange meeting you on here. Remember how you always had trouble with that girl on the other side of ya. I can't remember Her name right off. You still dressing in that Blue Jean coat.

Oh Sorry Bev, just pulling your chain, an April fools joke.

Have a great Day!

Christina Nicole
04-01-2006, 09:01 PM
My wife and I go out to dinner two or three times a week. The women are always better dressed than the men they are with. It's not unusual to see a lady with a nice outfit on, and her man in jeans. I guess she just came from the beauty parlor and he just finished changing the oil on his truck?

My business puts in a lot of different offices, most are "business casual." One day a lady might be in slacks and a top, the next day she might be in a skirt and sweater, the next might be a suit. You never ever see men in suits. I doubt most of them even own one, except maybe one for funerals and weddings.

When I first got out of college, everyone wore a suit to work. The custom suit maker who made my clothes was always busy. He never really lost any customers until he retired. But, I think I was one of the last new customers that he had. It seemed most of the other men were older, much older than I.

Bev, you are 100% correct. Men should be embarrassed. Personally, I can't wait for this entire business casual thing to pass away. Finance is moving away from it as are most law offices. Good for them. It can't happen quickly enough.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

natasha
04-02-2006, 12:16 AM
I havent read all the replies, only responding to the title so forgive me if my reply doesnt fit.

I just recently got told by the boss that I need to dress for the position at work. Therefore, I dont wear the uniform the rest of the crew wears. Now its Dockers and dress shirts etc.... So for me it is now to look the best I can. I now worry about matching colors in a way I never even imagined at all or ever thought about. Before it was the daily uniform, now I have a choice. I never had to worry that this shirt matched these pants. Oh daily struggle!!!! Now if I could only get them to accept that I want to wear a skirt and nylons as part of my work attire:p

Rachel Morley
04-02-2006, 02:01 AM
OK GIRLS only having a laugh, but honestly when have I ever criticised any of you for the way you look and I have to admit I am getting a little tired of you doing this to me and mine.
Tell me about it Bev! It really ticks me off when people go on about women not being feminine anymore. Women are feminine no matter what they wear (and they are especially feminine without clothes). Just because a woman chooses to dress for comfort doesn't mean she's "letting herself go". There are many things that define feminine or masculine and clothes are only one of them.

Deborah
04-02-2006, 02:07 AM
Great comment Angel.

I would like to add that i consider myself TS so i feel feminine anyway whether i'm dressed or not. The clothes do not matter to me.
So why are you here then i hear you ask.
Well for the times that i do dress up it is nice to have others for support in that area. I certainly could go to a TS forum somewhere else, but i find most of them prefer you to at least be on hormones first before becoming a member.
So here i am looking for like minded people or close to it for support.
Then there are days where you see all this bashing on one group or another. Give it up for goodness sake. We're already a minority group. Let's band together instead of fighting each other.

Thanks.

Josi
04-02-2006, 03:37 AM
I was talking with my SO yesterday about my clothes. She made me aware I only have "going out" or "occasion" clothes and no "ordinary" stuff.
I used to hate trousers .. Josi would NEVER wear trousers .. skirts and dresses only!!
Now, I am re-assessing and am looking forward to some casual tops and YES ... even some ......................... Trousers! OMG !
All my shoes have heels!!
As my SO says ... I need some "standard" shoes for casual

I feel a shopping trip coming on!

ashlee chiffon
04-02-2006, 01:26 PM
have fun with the pants thing..there are lots of really cute and fem capris, bells, side and back zip tight fitting, etc, styles out there! Besides, get something in a bright pink and No One will confuse them with men's jeans!
ohhh...how about denin with small tears ... make your own! A small rip in the rear to give a "panty peek" or rhinestones pressed into them would be lots of fun, i think!

i'm making myself want to go shopping!!! *L*

Amelie
04-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Great comment Angel.

I would like to add that i consider myself TS so i feel feminine anyway whether i'm dressed or not. The clothes do not matter to me.
So why are you here then i hear you ask.
Well for the times that i do dress up it is nice to have others for support in that area. I certainly could go to a TS forum somewhere else, but i find most of them prefer you to at least be on hormones first before becoming a member.
So here i am looking for like minded people or close to it for support.
Then there are days where you see all this bashing on one group or another. Give it up for goodness sake. We're already a minority group. Let's band together instead of fighting each other.

Thanks.

This very similar to my situation in life. I am more of a TS, maybe even a she-male. And similar to Deb, I find the TS forums too technical and they seem hormone driven, too much medical talk. Also when I first went to CD clubs in NYC, they were a mix of Cds, and Ts's, which I thought this forum would be similar but it's not quite. As Deb says we are all in the same boat, CDs, TS's, supporting GGs, Tg's whatever we call ourselves, let's not make this boat the Titanic and sink ourselves.

As far as men dressing poorly, well this can't be said in my hood. The gay guys dress pretty nice. Well, escept for my boyfriend, now he's a slob. I hope he doesn't read this, he'll ban me.

Bernice
04-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Bev,

If some here have been bashing, that is wrong and we apologize.

None of us have the right to be judgemental.

Whether or not a person is well dressed seems to be a highly subjective notion. Perhaps some have only meant to say that GGs do not dress as feminine as they used to, and this may have come out as though it were bashing.

Certainly, in the last 40-50 years, tolerance of GGs in pants has grown tremendously, while tolerance of GMs in dresses has not. Therefore, GGs have more socially acceptable options than they once did. It is not fair to criticize them for availing themselves of socially acceptable options, even though GMs do not yet have equal freedoms.

Me personally? I hate jeans, but if I have to wear pants, i'd rather wear jeans than business slacks. I recently tried a sales job, involving wearing a suit every day. Many people reacted very badly to me. Some thought I was rich, some thought I was snobbish, and some just assumed I was selling vacuum cleaners and shunned me. Given that experience, it is hard for me to want to dress that "well" ever again.

Some men say they like women in tight jeans because it reveals more. I'd rather not have all of that revealed, thank you very much. I am dismayed by the rising popularity of the "Ghetto-Fabulous" look. I don't care for it, no matter how comfortable it may be. Yes, men are slobs too, and sometimes I am a slob. But, I speak only for myself, and I don't mean to bash. Wear whatever you want. Be comfortable. I'll try to stay quiet about it. Just don't ask me to like it.

Hugs,

Bernice

GypsyKaren
04-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Bev, I love you...don't tell Kat though. I never understood why trannies (yes, I said trannies, more on that in a bit) seem to feel the laws of the universe are being broken if a GG goes out in anything less than a Dorothy Lamour gown. It really gets me to shaking my head in wonderment, you know? To me, comfort is queen (like that?), casual is the way to go. There is a big differeance between casual and slobbiness, though it seems that many think they're the same. And if I see one more "Women who wear pants are crossdressers!" thread, I'm going to put my head in a bucket, or maybe the oven.

You know, it is mighty few and far between where I've ever seen any criticism from the GGs about what we wear, or for anything really. All I mostly see is offers of help or support and such. And let's face it, I've seen more than a few posts here where the outfits described that some go out in make me cringe. Never a bad word from them about it all, just maybe questioning it, is all. Take Kat and me, for instance. When I was going through my "must show my legs phase", she never uttered a bad word about it, just asked me if I was sure I wanted to go out in that. Even when I went through the "mini-skirt" and "must shop in Juniors" phase, she let me get over it on my own, with perhaps a gentle nudge here and there. Now I usualy go out in pants, and the hemlines are lower now. Does this make me a tranny (there's that word again) slob? Get real, and get over it. And you know, there's quite a practical side to going out in pants that never gets mentioned, and that's you can sit down in a restaurant and not have every guy within 50 feet try to look up your skirt, so there!

As for the "tranny" word, I don't care what initials you go by, be it CD, TG, TS, or your part time, full time, anytime, pre-op, non-op, transitioning, conditioning (just thought I'd throw that in there), or Bullwinkle in a skirt, we're all TRANNIES! We're in this together, everybody different, everybody the same. It's not a bad word, it made it by the software filters, didn't it? What I'm saying is this; if you walk around with your nose in the air, you'll step in something smelly and hard to scrape off your shoes. Hormones, shmormones, give me a bottle of bourbon anytime.

Karen

Gail Stauffer
04-02-2006, 02:41 PM
I agree, but just like the look and feel of womens clothes, they are so nice!!

Josi
04-02-2006, 03:13 PM
CuteyB

OMG! We certainly do not shrae the same tastes in clothes lol

"Besides, get something in a bright pink and No One will confuse them with men's jeans!" .... urgh !! Bright pink indeed ... lol well that will work when I am trying to blend in rather than stand out!

"ohhh...how about denin with small tears ... make your own! A small rip in the rear to give a "panty peek" or rhinestones pressed into them would be lots of fun, i think" .... er noooo !! I am in my 50's .. not my teens!

I wont be wearing jeans .. not with a bum the size o mine!

I think something well fitting and understated will do!

;)

ashlee chiffon
04-02-2006, 04:03 PM
i was just pullin your heels!!!

i'm in my fifties tooo!:dancing: but still like to think i rock!;)

Josi
04-02-2006, 04:36 PM
the only rockin I do is in a rocking chair ! ;)