PDA

View Full Version : I Can Feel It!

Aunt Kelly
10-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Today, I started HRT. Wow... what a sensation! That needle hurt like hell.

LOL... You thought I was going to go on a rant about the "euphoria" I experienced, didn't you. Nope. Didn't happen. :)

It's been a couple of weeks since I started this ball rolling, and to be fair, that action did produce it's own, profound satisfaction, or clarity. But actually taking my medication? Just an affirmation of that commitment.

Sarah Doepner
10-09-2020, 04:34 PM
Best wishes as you continue to move forward. The physical changes have been secondary (welcome none the less) to the change in my attitude as I am finally being honest and practicing the self-care I've neglected for so many years. I hope each day is better and the needle seems smaller and smaller.

IamWren
10-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Oh Kelly... wow, that is really cool. Such good news. I know it’s something you’ve been looking forward to for some time.
So very happy for you.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Lana Mae
10-09-2020, 10:25 PM
Wishing you further satisfaction and clarity! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae

MarieTS
10-10-2020, 02:40 AM
Congratulations on that big step Kelly. What tremendous affirmation, despite the owie. Always remember, no estradiol injection ever hurt as much as the hopelessness of dysphoria.
Hugs!

Kaitlyn Michele
10-10-2020, 10:25 AM
I really liked the affirmation of it.

I did "feel it" immediately but I do understand that was not because of the actual HRT.

One thing I will say is that as I anticipated the day and then did it, I had a huge sense of "knowing" that I was doing the right thing. '

All the best to you!!!

Devi SM
10-10-2020, 12:51 PM
Well, I'd read here and in many other places that the effects of HRT are bigger in the mind and emotions than the physical ones. Is it not supposed to be in that way? Women are emotional while men think are rational....

Aunt Kelly
10-10-2020, 06:52 PM
First, thank you all for the well-wishes.

I believe that Kaitlyn Michelle is spot on. There's something powerful at work there, when you realize how "right" it feels. It is like that still, small voice has said, with a smirk, "Took you long enough!"