PDA

View Full Version : Research into cup size

nancy58
04-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Ever since I read about making one's own breast forms and using blue ice as a filler, I've been wondering how much of the stuff would be needed to fill the cups and also, generally, about the weight of boobs. The other day, I decided to find out.

I deduced that there are two potential tracks to solving this problem. One track would be to measure the diameter of the base of the cup and its depth, and to perform a simple integration of these dimensions as if I were trying to calculate the volume of half a sphere. The other track would be to pour a liquid into a cup and measure the quantity used to fill it. Since I flunked second-semester calculus, the first method was out of the question, so I opted for the second.

I fashioned a hoop out of a wire coat hanger and clipped a bra cup into the hoop with clothespins, and I lined the cup with plastic wrap, clipping it to hoop as well. Then I poured in water and measured it as best as I could, coming up with the following volumes:

J.C. Penney 38-B: 375 ml
Calida 85-A (38-A): 325 ml
Bali 38DD: 675 ml

There may be significant errors in these measurements, since I had trouble with spillage.

I also weighed a blue ice pack in and out of water and came up with the figure that blue ice weighs about 1.33 times as much as water.

This means that to fill two of the above cup sizes, the following weights of blue ice would be needed:

J.C. Penney 38-B: 998 g (2 lbs. 4 oz.)
Calida 85-A (38-A): 865 g (2 lbs.)
Bali 38DD: 1796 g (4 lbs.)

For reference, a full bottle of Sam Adams beer weighs 580 g. This may be useful for selecting the correct quantity of blue ice while shopping at your local supermarket.

While the figures above are not an April Fools joke, I figure the fact that a grown man spent time doing this research instead of something more productive ought to be reason enough to share this today.

Cheers!
Nancy

Shelly Preston
04-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi Nancy

Some online breast form stores tell you the weight of there products

Hope this helps

Monica55cd
04-01-2006, 02:19 PM
where did you read about making breast forms with blue ice???
what do you fill with the blue ice liquid???
tell me more info on this please....
I use water balloons my self but hope to someday soon get some real nice silcone forms..

Kristen Kelly
04-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Before I got my breast forms I used helium grade ballons filled with honey then I placed it in a nude knee high. SWEET

CharlaineCadence
04-01-2006, 02:33 PM
at this time i'm useing bird seed and find that its works well as witht he waight aspect but am going to be buying some bosom buddies inserts next week. with the contour pads to fill in areas i dont grin

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 02:37 PM
For reference, a full bottle of Sam Adams beer weighs 580 g. This may be useful for selecting the correct quantity of blue ice while shopping at your local supermarket.

While the figures above are not an April Fools joke, I figure the fact that a grown man spent time doing this research instead of something more productive ought to be reason enough to share this today.

Cheers!
Nancy

When I started reading, I thought, "Well, OK, Marie Curie was a GG, she might have posted this. When I got to the part about a bottle of Sam Adams beer being a useful benchmark in bra cup size studies, I definitely pegged you as a genetic male ;) Still laffin.....