PDA

View Full Version : I have boobies! Yay!

Ceera
11-10-2020, 11:19 PM
Today, after about two and a half years of hormone therapy and living full time as a woman, I finally got my breast augmentation surgery! I checked in at 10 AM today (Tuesday 11/10), and was released to my sister in law’s care by 4:30 PM the same day. Staying with her to rest and recover. I should be able to drive to my home (2 hour freeway trip) this Thursday evening or Friday morning.

Pretty low pain level, even without the painkillers they provided for me. 2 to 3 on a ten point scale. Honestly, the sore throat from having an anesthesia tube down my throat is more annoying than the tight/stretched feeling in my chest from gaining almost two full cup sizes!

I went from a scant B cup to a full C cup size, with a 38” band size for my bra. Nicely proportioned now, while not so overly large that my boobs are the first things people notice about me.

I am so happy! Yay!

(SFW photos to follow, in a few days.)

Maid_Marion
11-10-2020, 11:30 PM
Hi Ceera,

Congratulations!

Marion

chelyann
11-10-2020, 11:40 PM
way to go

natasha
11-10-2020, 11:49 PM
Congrats!!! I hope to be there someday....

Katya@
11-11-2020, 12:20 AM
Yay! Congrats! It is amazing the low level of pain and few days from now you will be walking down the street with your new body. I guess you have to buy new clothes (again)?

I wish I knew my real breast size. Even though my band is 35.5" and bust 39.5", it's off due to having wider back. I want to think I have B cup but I am not sure.

Ceera
11-11-2020, 01:39 AM
Well, the new ?girls? are only a bit bigger than how I have presented for the last year or more with my breast forms, so all my blouses will fit the same. May still need new clothes soon though, if I lose more weight! I was down to 179 pounds this morning, without the silicone forms I have usually weighed myself with. Tomorrow or the next day, when I am able to shower again, I will weigh myself nude, to see how much weight the new implants added to that. I am down about 50 pounds now from my Jan 1, 2020 weight!

mbmeen12
11-11-2020, 02:23 AM
Congrads and very happy for you...

HelpMe,Rhonda
11-11-2020, 06:14 AM
Sounds great, congrats!

Teresa
11-11-2020, 07:03 AM
Ceera,
I'm so pleased for you and so good it went well .

Sorry if I had to smile at the irony but glancing at the F/M section a thread is celebrating going topless without needing to wear a bra , looking on the bright side , " Two happy bunnies !! "

Lana Mae
11-11-2020, 07:04 AM
I am so happy for you! Hugs Lana Mae

Meghan4now
11-11-2020, 08:18 AM
Wow Ceera, you sound happy! And the weight loss and all is pretty awesome. You definitely need to post a couple of tasteful photos. I think showing off a tiny bit is a good idea, very cathartic. Sounds like you should treat yourself to a new pretty bar or bustier. Just make sure it's comfortable too!

PS thanks for posting an update. You have several friends here wishing you the best, and wanting to know how you are.

DMichele
11-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Ceera,

I am glad your procedure was a success and that you are not feeling any significant pain. Congratulations!

Aunt Kelly
11-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Happy for you Ceera. May the recovery pass quickly. :)

Leasa Wells
11-11-2020, 10:23 AM
Congratulations I hope you recover swiftly, looking forward to your pictures.

Sarah Doepner
11-11-2020, 10:32 AM
I'm so happy for you. It's a long path and landmarks like this are not only worth sharing but worth all the congratulations and best wishes you receive!

Devi SM
11-11-2020, 10:53 AM
Wow! Ceera, I'm so happy for you. In a sense we had walked the same path in our journey and I'm following your steps.

Enjoy the new girls!

Krisi
11-11-2020, 11:02 AM
As they say, "Pictures or it didn't happen."

Seriously, congratulations, I hope they are as you expected.

bridget thronton
11-11-2020, 11:14 AM
Hope for continued good recovery

Ceera
11-11-2020, 01:38 PM
This afternoon I can take the surgical bra off, get a shower, and wash off the guideline marks that the surgeon drew on me with a permanent sharpie. The sharpie ink is pretty hard to remove, likely so it doesn’t get washed off by disinfectants used during the surgery. Doesn’t look like I have any bruising visible yet. After that shower, I will put on a tasteful bra, and get a few photos. The night before the surgery, I took a set of ‘before’ photos wearing the same bra, both with and without my silicone breast forms. So I will post those soon.

My surgeon also took a set of ‘before’ photos, including a topless set, a set with just me in my bra, and a set with my breast forms in my bra. At my two week checkup she will take a matching set, with and without the bra, as the ‘after’ photos. I plan to get copies of those pics as well.

Pain continues to be a manageable 3 on a 10 scale. With my surgeon’s approval and encouragement, I was even able to get in my normal three miles of excercise walking yesterday!

Devi SM
11-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Great news! Thanks for the update. I look forward to know more details of the development in you because that will help.menon my surgery too....

AllieSF
11-11-2020, 02:39 PM
Congratulations! As you look in the mirror you will notice how high up the new breasts are. The final look will come 6-12 months down the road as they settle in, swelling goes down and so do the breast, which will relax/sag into their more or less final setting. I had mine done a year ago september. They settled way down! All this summer it was strappy sun dresses and tank tops with or without a bra. I loved it all! Good luck and enjoy.

Allie

Ceera
11-11-2020, 08:26 PM
Before and after pictures!

Aunt Kelly
11-11-2020, 10:18 PM
It's the smile that jumps out at me. :)

Lana Mae
11-11-2020, 11:23 PM
The smile is beautiful as is your new bustline! Again, so happy for you! Hugs Lana Mae

Krisi
11-12-2020, 08:36 AM
Looking good!

GracieRose
11-12-2020, 07:26 PM
So happy for you. Your smile says it all.

Ceera
11-13-2020, 11:27 PM
Makeup is shot, but I am home now, and just had to share my first bikini top pics! So happy with the results of my top surgery!

Katya@
11-13-2020, 11:33 PM
I don't want to sound weird - but your breast is beautiful! Congrats!

MarieTS
11-14-2020, 04:14 AM
Isn't the natural feel the greatest, Ceera? Looks so nice! Soon the comfyness will totally replace your minor discomfort. BTW, what cc implant size was needed to give you that 2 cup boost?
Kept you in prayer!

Jodie_Lynn
11-14-2020, 01:29 PM
Congrats Ceera! They look wonderful. Stay healthy and enjoy!

Ceera
11-14-2020, 01:55 PM
I didn’t ask what cc size implants they used. I have a status checkup on the 19th, and will ask then.

Devi SM
11-14-2020, 02:26 PM
Wow! Wow! I love them! You look great and your face clearly says how happy you are.

Congratulations and thanks for feed us, seriously thinking is a must for me.....

KristyPa
11-15-2020, 07:50 AM
Ceera, Good for you.

Cheryl T
11-15-2020, 10:55 AM
Looking good and making me so jealous.

pamela7
11-15-2020, 01:26 PM
congratulations!!!!!

MarieTS
11-16-2020, 04:32 AM
Given you had some size to begin with, it looks like they went with 300cc. We shall see. Enjoy!

Krisi
11-16-2020, 10:36 AM
That's what I was talking about. They look very nice.

Renee_B
11-16-2020, 03:00 PM
Congratulations!! What type did you go for, and over or under the muscle?

Ceera
11-17-2020, 11:41 AM
I had enough breast tissue from two years of HRT that they could go over the muscle, rather than under. Less invasive, less pain, faster recovery.

Ceera
11-21-2020, 12:21 PM
@MarieTS : My implants are 520 ml per breast, using the Allergan style SCF smooth round Inspira cohesive breast implants, placed above the muscle layer.

Devi SM
11-21-2020, 12:23 PM
Ceera, I don't want to ruin your happiness but I have a question, as I said before im seriously considering the surgery too, so did your surgeon advice you of possible negative effects in the short or long term?

Ceera
11-21-2020, 04:04 PM
Yes, Devi, she did. It is a pretty routine procedure these days, but as with any surgery, there are possible ways it could go wrong.

First would be post-surgical infection, before everything heals - you seriously need to obey their after-care instructions, to avoid tearing the incisions open and getting infected. These include having to sleep on your back for three weeks, and not lifting more than ten pounds for six weeks, and wearing a bra when not showering, until it is healed. The nurse who did my one week follow-up check said that as I have had no signs of infection or bleeding at all, I can now sleep in just a camisole, rather than a full bra.

The next thing to worry about is called capsular contraction. The normal process of the body adapting to implants is to build a thin wall of scar tissue around the implant, walling it off from your other tissues and binding it in place. But sometimes the body over-does this, making way too much of a thick layer around the implant, constricting it and making it firmer, or possibly even crushing and rupturing it. If that happens, the implants need to be removed. Not common, but it is a complication they watch for in after care.

Breast implants complicate the process of getting a mammogram or doing self breast exams. Your doctor will advise you about that.

Breast implants are not eternal. They need to be checked after about ten years, and possibly be replaced if showing problems.

There are other possible complications, but while some could be serious, those are all rare.

For me, post surgical pain has been minimal. Never above a three on a ten point scale, and usually only a 1 or a 2. But my body is in excellent shape, my health is sound, I heal faster than most people, and I manage to minimize pain well without really even thinking about it. At a week post surgery, my pain is solidly less than a one. More an uncomfortable tightness in the chest than anything else, as the stretched skin adapts to its new state. I’ve been told initial healing takes six to eight weeks, and that it can take a year for everything to fully ‘relax’.

Your mileage may vary on all of this. Talk to your doctor and your surgeon for the best advice.

MarieTS
11-23-2020, 04:48 AM
Too funny Ceera, earlier tonight I wondered how you were doing and then I saw your post. Great minds! Anyway, I'm surprised at the volume. We appear to be the same bra size yet mine were 350. Interesting. Comprehensive recovery advice to Devi!

Ceera
12-11-2020, 06:31 AM
One month update:
So, it has been a month now, and my recovery is going faster than my surgeon’s expected! Though this is no surprise to me, as for all of my life I have healed rapidly from any injury or surgery.

Pain continued to go down steadily. By three weeks, it felt no worse than a moderate sunburn, the ‘dermabond’ which the surgeon placed on the surgical incisions had all come off while showering, and I started using silicone strips during the day, to promote scar reduction. At four weeks, it feels more like I am recovering from a sunburn that was days ago. Or perhaps like the ‘pins and needles’ feeling when your leg falls asleep. Apparently the tight feeling and tingly, sunburn like pain is from nerve regrowth. I stopped needing even Tylenol after four weeks. No pain relievers at all now.

In terms of appearance, my scars are well placed at the underside fold below each breast, and from about the centerline to the 4:30 or 7:30 position outward from that centerline. I never had any bleeding, oozing, or even excessive redness. The only bruising was on my lower sternum, for just a few days, and was mild. Just enough to tint the skin, rather than a full bruise. I honestly have to lean to one side and back a bit to get enough light on the scars to even see them. Both breasts were initially drum tight - the skin looked smooth and shiny, it was so tight, and my nipples, even when stimulated, could hardly perk up at all. Now, at four weeks, the skin looks normal, I can feel touch anywhere on both breasts, and they are about as sensitive as my nipples were when my breast size first increased with HRT. Also, my endocrinologist doubled my Estradiol a few weeks prior to surgery (it had never been increased over the prior two years), and between the increased dose and the stretching from the surgery, the diameter of my aureole now looks like a mature cisgender woman’s nipples should look like, and no longer as small as a male’s nipples. Yay! They were initially ‘too firm’, and did not sag at all, with about a 120 degree angle between my chest and the lower surface of my breasts. They are softer now, and sag enough for the breasts to meet the chest at a 90 degree angle on the undersides.

I can sleep on my side again, while wearing just a stretchy camisole while I sleep. During the day, I wear a good fitting, good supporting, size 38-C wireless bra, or a snug sports bra.

I mentioned this to a different surgeon, the one who will be doing my lower surgery, and showed her how well my scars were healing. She was very pleased with how well and rapidly I was healing, and said my progress was ‘remarkable’. I’ll do a separate post about my bottom surgery consultation tomorrow.

Krisi
12-11-2020, 10:34 AM
That's great. I'm sure you are thrilled with your new boobies. You are making me jealous.

Devi SM
12-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Wow! Ceera, thanks for the detailed report. It's very helpful for someone like thinking in do it too....

Kelli_S
12-11-2020, 06:37 PM
Congratulations Ceera :).

mbmeen12
12-12-2020, 06:20 AM
Can you say the word envious? Congrads hun..

DMichele
12-12-2020, 10:04 AM
Ceera,

Congratulations on your great progress, and thank you for sharing your BA experience.

Best wishes for continued healing.