PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed?

FrannGurl
11-15-2020, 07:29 PM
I'm out to most of my friends and family, but will probably never be fully out . I've gone out dressed several times but only twice alone in the last year. . I'm usually among friends or with a date when I've been out the other times. Has anyone else found it easier now to go out because you can wear a mask? This question may have been covered earlier, and if so I apologize :)

Cheryl T
11-16-2020, 11:00 AM
It is easier with a mask but it also takes some of the "interest" away.
I still have to do full makeup and then it's just annoying to have to cover it all over.

Robertacd
11-16-2020, 12:35 PM
I have been encouraging people to go out since March as nobody can see how nervous you are behind a mask.

docrobbysherry
11-16-2020, 12:39 PM
I was wearing them long before Covid. And, if I'm still around? Will after it's gone!:heehee:

FrannGurl
11-16-2020, 09:11 PM
So true and that's the part that I don't like Cheryl!

Stephanie_V
11-16-2020, 10:36 PM
I know I've been out more. I'm still trying to perfect the beard covering, so the mask helps in that department.

Micki_Finn
11-17-2020, 11:01 AM
It is easier with a mask but it also takes some of the "interest" away.
I still have to do full makeup and then it's just annoying to have to cover it all over.

This exactly. Then add on top of that that I do Drag so I kinda have to make a mask to go with the outfit...

Cheryl T
11-18-2020, 11:09 AM
Micki I can see how that would be fun.
What we need are masks like I saw one of the NASCAR drivers wearing. It was his face on the mask so it looked like he wasn't wearing one. You could have different ones with different cheek and lip colors to go with your hair and outfit.

kimdl93
11-18-2020, 04:54 PM
I really have not felt appreciably more confident or even more disguised when wearing a mask. This may be because other than grocery shopping, about the only place I go during the pandemic is a local coffee/wine bar. There I wear a mask when ordering, but obviously have to take it off when I get my beverage. And I am a relatively frequent customer, so I am recognized immediately anyway.

Jacqueline Vivaldi
11-19-2020, 10:03 AM
I really do not want to go out wearing a mask. I like dressing up in something attractive and want to be seen by all just as I am. That said, I have not gone out in eight months, and I really miss it. Hold on, a better day will come if we protect ourselves and others. I can hardly wait to go out with no mask.

mbmeen12
11-20-2020, 07:40 AM
Has anyone else found it easier now to go out because you can wear a mask? Miss Frann a very valid question in these COVID-19 times and yes,,, I have found it easier at least for me. I still do makeup though because it is the best I look my best for a just in case. Unfortunately with my shoulders and all my stature ....ain't no hiding them lol! Be safe everyone....
hug Kara

Dannigirl
11-20-2020, 08:44 AM
Yes, I find on my "less confident days" that the mask gives me a little boost. I seem to be able to do eye makeup really well with lashes but am struggling on my contouring and such. Outdoors I remove it unless I am walking along our main downtown street where there are more people. I also do full makeup anyway because I don't wear it in the car.

Davina Katherine
11-20-2020, 08:49 AM
I have not found wearing a mask an advantage.
Yes, I need less makeup, but between wig and mask, keeping my glasses on is impossible!
Since its hot and difficult to breath, simple activities have become unpleasant.

Jill_cd
11-21-2020, 11:57 AM
I've been trying to live en femme on the weekends. Wearing a mask has made going out and running errands easier. I still spend time on my makeup and looking as good as possible. Hopefully my confidence will increase to the point where when I don't have to wear a mask, I'll just go out.

Star01
11-21-2020, 01:03 PM
I have taken a drive while dressed a few times but it's all rural and highways and our downtown is only about six blocks long. We just went into another lockdown that suggests we don't even have contact with anyone outside our household. We can't even have family over for the holidays or to put it more accurately they strongly suggest that we avoid contact as it's not enforceable.

I am staying out of stores and they're shutting indoor dining down effective today for four weeks. No counter service at bars, masks everywhere we go, and other similar precautions. I am retired so I can order groceries and other items for delivery so I have no reason or desire to even leave the house except to get out on the walking path but that will soon be snow covered and will become a snowmobile trail. My reality now is me, my wife, three cats and a DADT. If I was younger and there was less risk of serious complications and I was able to go out in public I would welcome the opportunity to wear a mask. My kryptonite if I went out masked would be applying eye liner. I don't get enough practice under normal circumstances and I think mastering eye makeup would make or break a masked woman.

Danielle_cder
11-21-2020, 06:16 PM
This is interesting to me, so was in guy mode today shoping for guy things at Napa... saw a friend 20+ year friend walked up to him and said hey, he didn’t even recognize me had to pull my mask down. So yea I’m sure if I was dressed up with a mask on no one would even know. Mask is exactly what it is, masks.

Jillcder
11-26-2020, 09:44 PM
I think it?s a bummer to cover up my lipstick and makeup but i agree it does give me a little more confidence when out in public. Fortunately I don?t have a heavy beard to cover if I did a mask would be helpful.